Who'll be in the Road FC 32-Man Lightweight Tournament?

Yeah, a lot of people seem to get the idea that the majority of the entrants need to be established names though. Get a handful of established vets and some current top guys if possible and fill the rest with promising young talent. That is very doable for ROAD, they have the money to pay notable fighters. I would rather see guys like Soo Chul Kim or Yoon Jun Lee than a bunch of 35+ year old UFC washouts or ancient PRIDE guys.

WTF ar you talking about? That sounds like an awesome idea! Better yet, let's do it in Rizin! Yeah, Rizin bby! Pride never die! :rolleyes:

WTF ar you talking about? That sounds like an awesome idea! Better yet, let's do it in Rizin! Yeah, Rizin bby! Pride never die! :rolleyes:
Surprisingly people hated on the RIZIN GP for not having enough old guys and wanting Fedor, Carwin, Shawn Jordan, Kharitonov, etc in it lol

Surprisingly people hated on the RIZIN GP for not having enough old guys and wanting Fedor, Carwin, Shawn Jordan, Kharitonov, etc in it lol

Rizin did have old guys lol. Fujita, CC, Wand all come to mind. Fedor, Carwin, Jordan, and Kharitonov would have added to that tournament though you can't deny that.

Rizin did have old guys lol. Fujita, CC, Wand all come to mind. Fedor, Carwin, Jordan, and Kharitonov would have added to that tournament though you can't deny that.
I don't deny that but those were the same people that complained that RIZIN wasn't developing prospects and were using too many old guys. RIZIN tried to give them what they claimed they wanted then those people complained that there wasn't enough old guys lol. If the people on this board had their way that GP would be all fighters over 30 years old, same as this one.

i know of two for sure
highly
and
stacked

Important announcement regarding the tournament:

Important announcement regarding the tournament:

Trials like TUF? Or they going to fight in a show before thr event take place? Hope the requirements will be high for this fighters....

From their site

"At Xiaomi ROAD FC 034, 8 fighters in China will compete in the China Trials, and the four winners will earn the right to be seeded in the tournament. Trials for the zones of Korea, Japan, North and South America, and Brazil will be made shortly."

Sounds like it will just be singular matchups and the winners will be entered into the tournament.

They also have formed more Chinese partnerships
"ROAD FC is pleased to form a partnership with Shijiazhuang Newspaper Group, which was announced by Shijiazhuang Daily Press Secretary-General Jia Weili and Chairman Wang Xuntao. Xiaomi ROAD FC 034 sponsors also in attendance were Hebei Hengshui Laobaigan Group's Liu Aihua, Hebei Chuanling Group's Leong Jinglu, and Hebei Prestige Shangda Culture Media's He Wei."

I don't have a lot of faith this tournament will come to fruition... well, at least not completion. Russia just tried to do a tournament and it fell through. But hey, here's to hoping they know to set up fun matches in the first round.

I don't have a lot of faith this tournament will come to fruition... well, at least not completion. Russia just tried to do a tournament and it fell through. But hey, here's to hoping they know to set up fun matches in the first round.
It fell through because Akhmat slashed the per fight pay by more than half after the 1st round so just about everyone that wasn't Akhmat affiliated dropped out.

It fell through because Akhmat slashed the per fight pay by more than half after the 1st round so just about everyone that wasn't Akhmat affiliated dropped out.
Yeah, I know. Brooks is one of our fighters. He gave the rundown. ROAD will run into both similar concerns and the general nightmare that is setting up a tournament in an efficient amount of time that matters to the public.

Like I said, I'm into it if it happens.... but I just won't hold my breath.

Some promotion should send their fighter their under the agreement they get a chunk of the purse in the event of a win.

Kawajiri wants out of UFC. He'd make a good candidate.

Kawajiri wants out of UFC. He'd make a good candidate.

I was just thinking that. Maybe he should go back to LW anyways, at his age I don't think cutting to 145 is a great idea for the guy.

A goofy thought, but whoever wins this will actually become a billionaire- in Korean won, of course.

And we have the name of the 8 fighters in the China trials for the 32 man tournament! (a little bit disappointed, but we can't expect that the 32 will be all well known fighters)

CHINA TRIALS

1-) Nuertiebieke Musu (6-1, Wantongwen Wuxuexiao Club) versus Shang Lianru (1-4, Guangdong Glory Fight Club)

2-) Yu Changzhao (6-2, Xindu Martial Arts Club) versus Huang Zhenyue (4-1, Guangdong Glory Fight Club).

3-) Tuerxunbieke Habiti (8-5-0-1, B-King Team) versus Tao Shuoyu (6-4, Fighting Brothers)

4-) Rodrigo Caporal (13-5, Espada MMA) versus Amartuvshin Khuukhenkhuu (3-3, Shiren Beelii)

So, 4 of this guys will be fighting in the 32 man tourney... And here is the tweet of the Road FC account

I believe these are just qualifiers, only the 4 winners will be in the tourney.

Caporal vs Amaraa is the biggest fight out of them. Caporal was one of RUFF's top guys and has wins over Lipeng Zhang, Haotian Wu x2, Rasul Khairulaev, and Kiuma Kunioku. Amaraa has a win over Haotian Wu.

Tuerxunbieke Habiti was a WBK champ.

So, from the 5 minutes of searching I did, the following fighters are now currently seeded into the tournament:
Lianru Shang 3-4 (China)
Zhenyue Huang 2-1 (China)
Habiti Tuerxunbieke 9-5 (China)
K. Amartuvshin 4-3 (Mongolia)
Yui Chul Nam 18-6-1 (Korea)

The international trials will be taking place next month at Road FC 36 in Korea.

So, from the 5 minutes of searching I did, the following fighters are now currently seeded into the tournament:
Lianru Shang 3-4 (China)
Zhenyue Huang 2-1 (China)
Habiti Tuerxunbieke 9-5 (China)
K. Amartuvshin 4-3 (Mongolia)
Yui Chul Nam 18-6-1 (Korea)

The international trials will be taking place next month at Road FC 36 in Korea.
According to Russian sources Shamil Zavurov, Ermek Tlauov, Bruno Mirada, Melvin Guillard and Ronys Torres will participate in this tournament.

Back