Who would you pick Weidman vs. Belfort?

I think Weidman looked amazing, it'll be hard for Vitor to stuff his shot and manage to land a killshot. He'll likely get taken down early and his KO chances go downhill from there.

Weidman has good chokes, I think he'll eventually sub Vitor. Had Vitor taking this before seeing how good Weidman was everywhere last night.

not that anyone will miss me or the ufc but if weidman has to fight vitor in brazil and he loses i am done with the ufc and dana. and i buy about 10 ppvs a year.

Not saying he couldn't win because he's looked great lately and he has the ability to finish a fight in the blink of an eye, but I think Weidman beats Vitor pretty badly. I think Jacare and Machida are much bigger threats to Weidman than Vitor is. Having said that, I'd love to see these two fight for the belt.

1) i don't see how belfort gets the TUE for TRT; 2) belfort always was susceptible to getting wrestlefucked; 3) weidman's standup is better than most people think; 4) weidman finishes belfort and retires him.

His standup is certainly sufficient to allow him to transition to a ground game that can beat Belfort. Weidman will have the wheel kicks telegraphed pretty well on a full camp and sub or decision him. Belfort has a puncher's/sub chance, but won't happen. He won't retire though, he's still fighting well and can make some good money with marquee fights. My guess if he loses that he'll start picking a fight with Chael.

I always said pre trt or trt Vitor would beat Weidman.

Weidman weathers the early storm and finishes belfort in the second

His standup is certainly sufficient to allow him to transition to a ground game that can beat Belfort. Weidman will have the wheel kicks telegraphed pretty well on a full camp and sub or decision him. Belfort has a puncher's/sub chance, but won't happen. He won't retire though, he's still fighting well and can make some good money with marquee fights. My guess if he loses that he'll start picking a fight with Chael.

lol. yes, that's very likely. sonnen becomes a moneybags fight for cards without a title fight.

Victor has been looking mighty scary as of late, so I expect a good fight at the least.

There is no proof whatsoever that Vitor cannot get an exemption outside of Brazil. A few months back Keith Kizer gave his opinion that he didn't think Belfort would be able to get an exemption in Las Vegas, but Kizer is not involved in the decision making process. And Vegas is not the only place in the U.S. the fight can take place. Also, Belfort fought Jones in Canada on TRT.

Belfort also said he'd quit TRT if it meant him getting a title shot.

You're right, though. Probably much ado about nothing.

weidman
he looked too powerful tonight
but vitor always has a punchers chance

No one beats the man of steel right now, the biggest threat is gone, in brutal fashion, twice.

Weidman via what Anthony Johnson was doing before those ridiculously quick stand-ups, and Rumble gassing due to failed weight cut.

Basically a complicated way of saying Weidman via grappling and tiring Vitor out so his stand up is less explosive.

That was pre-ViTRTor

Back