Who were the “unfavorable” matches for Alex?

He doesn't need KO power. He has almost endless cardio and in the time we are talking about Alex's defensive grappling wasn't as good as Izzy's. Besides it might not have even been a 5 round fight and Vettori has decent submissions too.

Jan and Jiri don't have the kind of cardio that Vettori has especially not when grappling.

Strickland has endless cardio, too. I don’t think that’s something that can be leveraged against AP at MW unless you have the straight up wrestling chops to relentlessly land takedowns, which Vettori ain’t got. Vettori’s fights against Adesanya and Bobby showed us that he falters against the more polished strikers at MW who are competent enough to keep it standing. Alex has a comparable tool kit to Izzy with better power and leg kicks, plus he can match Marvin’s physicality.

Most title defenses in LHW history.

"Ducked LHW". LOL

Most times stripped of title too. It's almost as if Jones is an unlikeable cheating dbag who beats his wife. Yet fans like you are like beaten housewives who keep taking him back. Specifically his own lol fuckin clown

Most times stripped of title too. It's almost as if Jones is an unlikeable cheating dbag who beats his wife. Yet fans like you are like beaten housewives who keep taking him back. Specifically his own lol fuckin clown
Irrelevant to the point being discussed.
I get it, you hate Jones and that's fine. But making up silly stuff like claiming Jones ducking LHW is just being weird and disingenuous

Irrelevant to the point being discussed.
I get it, you hate Jones and that's fine. But making up silly stuff like claiming Jones ducking LHW is just being weird and disingenuous

He lost to Reyes and went running from guys like Alex to fight old geriatric Stipe. Dick ride your steroid cheater GOAT harder plz

He lost to Reyes and went running from guys like Alex to fight old geriatric Stipe. Dick ride your steroid cheater GOAT harder plz

Fam. Jones ain't gay 🚫🌈

Iono about our boy DavidJackson but Jones ain't get down like dat fam swear down iono where di rumor come from 🤷🏽

Maybe you see something I don't tho if so lmk anyway see you in church fam #blessup 🙏📿

wow he lost a fight. He is so terrible

If he stayed at LHW then you would just say he ducked HW.

And if he fought Alex, he would take Alex down and finish him.

Fam. Jones ain't gay 🚫🌈

Iono about our boy DavidJackson but Jones ain't get down like dat fam swear down iono where di rumor come from 🤷🏽

Maybe you see something I don't tho if so lmk anyway see you in church fam #blessup 🙏📿
He is actually Jones biggest fan. He is more obsessed and comments on Jones stuff more than I do lol

It's a stupid take. Alex has beaten the very best fighters of his generation in not one but two weight classes.

That those fighters happen to be strikers is not his fault. It's the problem of the era.

UFC gave him an accelerated route to the title to feed Izzy someone new when they were running out of guys at MW, it was sort of the right time for Pereira to hop in. Either way, Pereira took it and made the most of it, he actually called out Ankalaev and if he fights and beats him, there's likely no grappler at MW/LHW he couldn't beat.
The best grappler at LHW is his coach.

Who just gave him his black belt lmao.

I think it's fair to say he got favorable matchups, but I couldn't make the argument that there were a bunch of less favorable fighters more richly deserving of a crack at him. I think all of the matchmaking was basically fine.

I also think it's fair to say he got fast tracked, but he was obviously deserving and the champion was asking for it.

It's a very difficult to knock his resume.

Fam. Jones ain't gay 🚫🌈

That's why Jon said he would finger a guy's asshole in Australia recently? And let's be real @Davidjacksonjones is as straight as a cucumber lol

That's why Jon said he would finger a guy's asshole in Australia recently? And let's be real @Davidjacksonjones is as straight as a cucumber lol

Fam just a joke gone awry I talk about it in my latest track album comin' out soon no flamin' das against da rule just hot fire here fam🔥

Title even kinda rhyme with your name too fam but I ain't put it in der cuz I wasn't finna make you uncomfortable 🚫🐄🍔

Fam just a joke gone awry I talk about it in my latest track album comin' out soon no flamin' das against da rule just hot fire here fam🔥

Title even kinda rhyme with your name too fam but I ain't put it in der cuz I wasn't finna make you uncomfortable 🚫🐄🍔
wow sick track my bro keep it buck 50 fam much luv n respec👍💃🦊

Brunson wasn't in the top 5 by FightMatrix on April, 2022 (maybe in the UFC but I don't know the date),
The Strickland fight was July 2022. I'm showing you what the rankings looked like before that fight. Not sure why you're bringing up FightMatrix when we're talking about the UFC and Strickland wasn't in their top 5 either so it's a moot point.

it doesn't matter anyway, he had a loss to Adesanya and they didn't want to risk losing another potential contender. Adesanya had wins over almost everyone in the top 10, including 2x Whittaker and 2x Vettori. Poatan at the time was the only opponent that would make sense.
Exactly. They didn't want to risk him losing. There shouldn't even be a debate here, he absolutely was given an easy path to the title.

Brunson couldn’t implement effective grappling against Izzy. Alex is better and substantially stronger than Izzy in grappling. Brunson also gets finished by anyone with power. No way he should be considered as a bad matchup for AP.
Pereira isn't Izzy. Hop off the nuts. He didn't face any wrestlers and was fast tracked to a title shot. Once you accept that fact we can get on with appreciating what he did once he was in the title picture.

If Alex had to fight his way through the rankings in 2022 then Imaov, Hermanson and Brunson Marvin would have had solid chance
and Rob likely would have beat Alex
IMG_4756.jpeg

Back