((( IT'S BETTER FOR MMA ... IF DDP WINS )))

I think something has changed in Sean after that cannonier figth.
I don't know if it have something relates to training with Poatan, but I think he showed some evolution in his aggression against Abus and Imamov, he showed considerable evolution in his weak point last figth (Checking Kicks) and I think he's not a one tricky pony anymore.
Let's see

I think something has changed in Sean after that cannonier figth.
I don't know if it have something relates to training with Poatan, but I think he showed some evolution in his aggression against Abus and Imamov, he showed considerable evolution in his weak point last figth (Checking Kicks) and I think he's not a one tricky pony anymore.
Let's see

The way he checked kicks against izzy is horrible against anyone with the takedown threat. He was agressive against abus and imavov after they gassed, or after he hurt them (imavov) which is inline with how sean strickland has always fought. He's always been a tough out for almost anyone (not named pereira), but he's always fought pretty much exactly the same.

Last edited:
The way he checked kicks against izzy is horrible against anyone with the takedown threat. He was agressive against abus and imavov after they gassed, which is inline with how sean strickland has always fought. He's always been a tough out for almost anyone (not named pereira), but he's always fought pretty much exactly the same.

I understand it, Dricus really brings the TD threat to the table and Strickland can't figth the same way he fought Izzy.
But my point here is how Strickland seems to be in a crescent ascension of his skills, and probably reaching his prime.
He obviously need a different gameplan to Dricus, but I have a strange feeling that Strickland will shock the world tomorrow.

I understand it, Dricus really brings the TD threat to the table and Strickland can't figth the same way he fought Izzy.
But my point here is how Strickland seems to be in a crescent ascension of his skills, and probably reaching his prime.
He obviously need a different gameplan to Dricus, but I have a strange feeling that Strickland will shock the world tomorrow.

Oh, I agree. He's at his peak. I just think in regards to general gameplan, it has always been the same for him. We'll see how it works for him.

Neither this fight, nor the winner will have any long term impact on MMA. it's one weight division, neither fighter "transcends" MMA, neither fighter will break records for defending the belt and no one will be talking about Du Plessis OR Strickland in 10 years.

Strickland smashing that douche bag canadian NPC of a reporter did more for MMA than any fight on the 297 fight card will do.
He did smash that guy. Dayum.

I think Sean got robbed vs Jared. With someone like Jared he needed to play it a little safe. Btw Jared didn't land a punch till like the 4th rd, so he didn't do shit either, straight robbery imo, FUCK!

I don't, after a rewatch less than an hour ago.

It was close, and frankly boring (hence my point), but Jared went for it at the end, and threw dangerous shots, while Strickland "Philly-shelled" and "tried not to get hit."

Another boring decision from "safety-first" Sean.

Duplessis is the more exciting, physical fighter.

Don't let the Adesanya fight fool you about Strickland.

Last edited:
It's better, for mma, if the fighter who generate interest is the champ. I'm not sure most ppv buyers even know who Dricus is?

I disagree.. I think it's better for mma if whoever the better fighter is tomorrow wins.

P.s. did you just say 1 divided by 22 =
.1%

It's 4.5% literally 45 times more than .1%
.. not like it matters just saying

Sorry, corrected the errors.

It's Friday night, and I'm enjoying some premier IPAs after a long week 😅

Strickland's mouth is worse than Conor's. There, I said it.

Worse mouth, no intelligence, no wit, no charisma ... and no KO record to back-up that mouth.

Strickland = "point fighter" ... boring style, no actual wit or charisma.

It's better, for mma, if the fighter who generate interest is the champ. I'm not sure most ppv buyers even know who Dricus is?

I think Dricus has the look, the charisma, and the finish record to become famous.

Strickland ... no.

I wouldn't have said it so harshly, but I agree with the main point that sean is kind of boring and dricus is a finishing machine.

Fighting and finishing are harsh realities.

At the end of the day, that's what fans pay to see.

No fight fan wants to watch "a cautious decision"; fight fans want to see two guys throw-down, and one or the other get to finish.

Dricus Duplessis brings this to the table; Sean Strickland does not.

Last edited:
I would certainly vastly prefer it if DDP won. If people are willing to stick around with Sean rather than back-peddle it definitely turns into a jab-and-parry affair. I think this matchup will reward calculated risks by both guys--either with DDP trying to really manhandle Sean in the clinch or on the ground, and wager his gas tank holds up, or with Sean trying to uncork his combos early and prove he's a much better boxer than DDP if the latter is content to hang out in the pocket--even if that means he catches a few big ones for his trouble.

I'm not a guy who forgets Sean's tamer fights because of the ish he talks, but do think this will be one of his more exciting fights.

I would certainly vastly prefer it if DDP won. If people are willing to stick around with Sean rather than back-peddle it definitely turns into a jab-and-parry affair. I think this matchup will reward calculated risks by both guys--either with DDP trying to really manhandle Sean in the clinch or on the ground, and wager his gas tank holds up, or with Sean trying to uncork his combos early and prove he's a much better boxer than DDP if the latter is content to hang out in the pocket--even if that means he catches a few big ones for his trouble.

I'm not a guy who forgets Sean's tamer fights because of the ish he talks, but do think this will be one of his more exciting fights.

But I think Dricus is the one who's going to make it this way.

I don't, after a rewatch less than an hour ago.

It was close, and frankly boring (hence my point), but Jared went for it at the end, and threw dangerous shots, while Strickland "Philly-shelled" and "tried not to get hit."

Another boring decision from "safety-first" Sean.

Duplessis is the more exciting, physical fighter.

Don't let the Adesanya fight full you about Strickland.
Meh, I think Sean's gonna tool on DDP after the 2nd rd. Make him look amateurish. DDP is super sloppy and gets hit way too much, his wrestling is pretty weak too, look at the Brunson fight.

Meh, I think Sean's gonna took on DDP after the 2nd rd. Make him look amateurish.

I dunno.

While it's true Sean Strickland made Israel Adesanya look like "a cowardly amateur" — the truth is Izzy has always had "a cowardly style."
Yet Strickland couldn't finish him.

Meanwhile, Dricus Duplessis made Robert Whittaker look like "a weakling amateur" — and no one has ever made Robert Whittaker look like a weakling.

But Duplessis did.

Again, win or lose, Duplessis is involved in a 95% finishing model, while Strickland is involved in a 50% finishing model.

Re-watching the Cannonier fight, if Jared had the balls to step on the gas, I think he would've finished Strickland.
The two simply agreed to a sparring match.

That's not going to happen tomorrow, with Dricus Duplessis, and I don't think Sean has the track record of a true hunter / finisher.

"Going the distance" with a guy who agrees to "spar with you" for five rounds is one thing ,,,

However, "going the distance" with a guy who's trying to finish and kill you is quite another ...

I'm not sure Sean Strickland can handle a finisher scrambling after him for five rounds, truly looking to finish.

Dricus hasn't fought a single guy that Sean has though. Try fighting those same guys and your finish rate probably not as good. Strickland has had tougher competition. And Whittaker looked pretty awful last time out so you'd be remiss to use him as a solid example.

Dricus hasn't fought a single guy that Sean has though. Try fighting those same guys and your finish rate probably not as good. Strickland has had tougher competition. And Whittaker looked pretty awful last time out so you'd be remiss to use him as a solid example.

Agree on the lack of common opponents.

However, the flipside to your point is, you'd be remiss counting out Dricus Duplessis as the cause of Robert Whittaker looking awful.

Duplessis manhandled his ass, and that's a big deal, IMO.

Dricus needs a sharp jacket like Merab’s, to really take his PPVs to the next level

I dunno.

While it's true Sean Strickland made Israel Adesanya look like "a cowardly amateur" — the truth is Izzy has always had "a cowardly style."
Yet Strickland couldn't finish him.

Meanwhile, Dricus Duplessis made Robert Whittaker look like "a weakling amateur" — and no one has ever made Robert Whittaker look like a weakling.

But Duplessis did.

Again, win or lose, Duplessis is involved in a 95% finishing model, while Strickland is involved in a 50% finishing model.

Re-watching the Cannonier fight, if Jared had the balls to step on the gas, I think he would've finished Strickland.
The two simply agreed to a sparring match.

That's not going to happen tomorrow, with Dricus Duplessis, and I don't think Sean has the track record of a true hunter / finisher.

"Going the distance" with a guy who agrees to "spar with you" for five rounds is one thing ,,,

However, "going the distance" with a guy who's trying to finish and kill you is quite another ...

I'm not sure Sean Strickland can handle a finisher scrambling after him for five rounds, truly looking to finish.
I rewatched the Brunson fight today. If that DDP shows up it's gonna be over by the 3rd rd. He looked bad in that fight, his wrestling really isn't good imo. It's like the Whitaker fight was a one-off almost, idk.

Back