((( IT'S BETTER FOR MMA ... IF DDP WINS )))

IronGolem007

Po Atan
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Watched the last few fights of Sean Strickland, in particular Jared Cannonier.

Honestly hated to watch all of them, because they bored TF out of me.

Yes, the Izzy fight with Strickland was exciting, but it was honestly because how much of a running coward Izzy was.

As everybody knows, Izzy rarely wants to stand, and is always wanting to "evade" or "befuddle."
Not exactly the stuff of which legends are made.

By the same token, Strickland isn't exactly some "killer" either:
Strickland has no power, is always (and only) jabbing and parrying.
Is there anyone left (in the universe) who actually wants to "pay money" to watch one guy "out-jab" the other?

That is all Strickland essentially tries to do, behind his (poor-man's) "Philly-shell" stance.

At the end of the day, this "special needs" fighter is boring AF.
A rewatch tells me, especially against Cannonier, that Strickland really didn't do shit, besides jab and duck.

Think the Izzy fight was exciting, but I think that's because Izzy did not have the balls to stand his ground, so Strickland exploited him.

All things considered, I think Dricus Duplessis is better for the division, moving forward.
  • Of Strickland's 33 total fights, nearly half, 16 (49%), went to decision.
  • Of Duplessis' 22 total fights, only 1 (5%), went to decision.
  • 95% of Dricus' fights end in finishes.
After watching several fights from each today, the only fight I have really enjoyed of Strickland's was when he got knocked out by Alex Pereira. The rest were punishment.
By contrast, after watching several fights from Dricus Duplessis, I would watch many over again, because they were exciting wars, almost all of which led to a finish.

Conclusion: The entire UFC MW Division needs Duplessis as Champion, not Strickland.

Last edited:
I disagree.. I think it's better for mma if whoever the better fighter is tomorrow wins.

P.s. did you just say 1 divided by 22 =
.1%

It's 4.5% literally 45 times more than .1%
.. not like it matters just saying

I agree Dricus is more fun too watch. But this take is hilariously extreme. And even funnier is how serious you are.

From a technical standpoint I feel they are both very interesting to watch. But Sean's fights aren't usually gonna be the most memorable.

IMO the jury is still out on DDP's gas tank. Sean may get a finish if Dricus burns himself out.

War Strickland!

Disclosure: I don't watch any of the hype stuff. If I did, I'd probably hate Strickland because he can't express his fucking fuck self without fucking saying fucking fuck a million fucking times fuckity fuck fuck fuck. Fuck this and fuck that, and fuck her and him fucking too. Fucking fuckball fuckshit fuckity foo.

schwhew!

Fuck!

Watched the last few fights of Sean Strickland, in particular Jared Cannonier.

Honestly hated to watch all of them, because they bored TF out of me.

Yes, the Izzy fight with Strickland was exciting, but it was honestly because how much of a running coward Izzy was.

As everybody knows, Izzy rarely wants to stand, and is always wanting to "evade" or "befuddle."
Not exactly the stuff of which legends are made.

By the same token, Strickland isn't exactly some "killer" either:
Strickland has no power, is always (and only) jabbing and parrying.
Is there anyone left (in the universe) who actually wants to "pay money" to watch one gut "out-jab" the other?

That is all Strickland essentially tries to do, behind his (poor-man's) "Philly-shell" stance.

At the end of the day, this "special needs" fighter is boring AF.
A rewatch tells me, especially against Cannonier, that Strickland really didn't do shit, besides jab and duck.

Think the Izzy fight was exciting, but I think that's because Izzy did not have the balls to stand his ground, so Strickland.

All things considered, I think Dricus Duplessis is better for the division, moving forward.
  • Of Strickland's 33 total fights, nearly half, 16 (49%), went to decision.
  • Of Duplessis' 22 total fights, only 1 (0.5%), went to decision.
  • 95% of Dricus' fights end in finishes.

After watching several fights from each today, the only fight I have really enjoyed of Strickland's was when he got knocked out by Alex Pereira. The rest were punishment.
By contrast, after watching several fights from Dricus Duplessis, I would watch many over again, because they were exciting wars, almost all of which led to a finish.

Conclusion: The entire UFC MW Division needs Duplessis as Champion, not Strickland.
I think Sean got robbed vs Jared. With someone like Jared he needed to play it a little safe. Btw Jared didn't land a punch till like the 4th rd, so he didn't do shit either, straight robbery imo, FUCK!

War Strickland!

Disclosure: I don't watch any of the hype stuff. If I did, I'd probably hate Strickland because he can't express his fucking fuck self without fucking saying fucking fuck a million fucking times fuckity fuck fuck fuck. Fuck this and fuck that, and fuck her and him fucking too. Fucking fuckball fuckshit fuckity foo.

schwhew!

Fuck!

quit cursin round me cocksucka i’m a christian.

Sherdog should have a Strickland rule: any post made within 24 hours of a Strickland fight has to say fuck at least once every tenth fucking word.

Sean did drop Izzy so not Forrest Griffin level lack of power.
Interesting to watch? Not so much. Kind of like watching Mayweather or Bernard Hopkins. The technical defense is cool but not exciting.
As far as best outcome...a dominant win from either guy just to establish a solid champ.

Neither this fight, nor the winner will have any long term impact on MMA. it's one weight division, neither fighter "transcends" MMA, neither fighter will break records for defending the belt and no one will be talking about Du Plessis OR Strickland in 10 years.

Strickland smashing that douche bag canadian NPC of a reporter did more for MMA than any fight on the 297 fight card will do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back