Who has the best cheeseburger?

Outback Steakhouse has a damn good cheeseburger. Nobody thinks to get that when they are at Outback. But that shit is really, really good.

b5cc7294b5a9079386e12f1bcda25f16.jpg

I liked In-N-Out

I love me some cheeseburgers? Hell, who doesn't like a cheeseburger? It's the staple for American culinary culture. It's right up there with apple pie, BBQ ribs and good old fashioned beer. Anyhow, I'm super hungry and craving a cheeseburger with fries and a chocolate shake. I've had cheeseburgers from almost every commercial fast-food restaurant, ranging anywhere from $2 to $40 for a cheeseburger and nothing, I mean nothing compares to this:

in_n_out.jpg

All you unfortunate east coast people can hate, but what's fact is fact and In-N-Out is clearly the GOAT when come good old fashioned cheeseburgers.

fuddruckers.jpg

I recently made a road trip from DFW to Seattle via California.

I made sure to stop at the last Whataburger going West (in Albuquerque, NM) for no other reason than to give myself a recent reference burger for said chain. Confirmed my general impression - good burger, better than McD, BK, JitB level burgers, but in no way to bat with the big boys of fast food burgers - 5guys and InO.

Also pulled into the last In-n-Out coming north in some town in Northern Cali closer to the PCH. Double-double animal style, extra pickles. Nommed nommed in the parking lot. Good as I remember it. This is what a fast food burger should be. Plato would approve.

Yeah, well 5 guys doesn't use any seasoning and the meat is very high quality, fresh and never frozen.

So, you're wrong.

I am not saying chains are incapable of creating decent burgers, what I am saying is that when competing with singular gormet restaurants where they can charge $50 a burger, that allows the chef freedom to choose many more variety of ingredients and to use only the freshest and the best.

Afterall, the thread is talking about the "best" not just good.

For me it is

5 guys
Carls Jr
Smash

I must admit every now and then I can scarf down a few of those small little McD cheese burgers (greasy little things).

Shake shack > in n out, but not by much and in n out is a lot cheaper

The best Cheeseburger I've eaten, has come from a little road side establishment about 50 feet off of a highway, in a small county with only a few thousand residents. The place is just a little shack that's been there since the 70's. Their burgers are great, they're about twice the size of a normal cheese burger, extra cheese, fully loaded and super greasy.

i live in Texas...call me when the other states have something worthy to us over here.

In terms of national/international chains which are everywhere, I'd go with Five Guys. Five Guys is still really good, but was considerably better before the mass expansion. In terms of a smaller chain, I like BurgerFi the best. In terms of a local standalone joint, I like Mr. Bartley's in Cambridge, MA.

i live in Texas...call me when the other states have something worthy to us over here.
Sorry man, but I think you're going to have to enlighten us. You see, cheeseburgers and Texas are not synonymous with one another. It's not like saying New York and pizza, or getting back to Texas, Texas and barbecue. I've had Texas barbecue, both inside Texas, as well as in establishments outside of TX run by transplants from TX, and I know what that's like when someone mentions it. I would probably say that TX has the best barbecue, just like NY has the best pizza. So, I've been to TX several times and had all sorts of food there, barbecue, Mexican, Tex-Mex, Colombian, Italian, New American, Hungarian, etc. But I can't recall ever having a cheeseburger there, and if I did, it certainly wasn't memorable. So, tell us, why are Texas cheeseburgers the best? What are the best burger joints in Texas? etc. :)

The best Cheeseburger I've eaten, has come from a little road side establishment about 50 feet off of a highway, in a small county with only a few thousand residents. The place is just a little shack that's been there since the 70's. Their burgers are great, they're about twice the size of a normal cheese burger, extra cheese, fully loaded and super greasy.

This reminds me of an Epi from How I Met Your Mother where they spent the 20mins running around looking for a Burger Joint.

Sorry man, but I think you're going to have to enlighten us. You see, cheeseburgers and Texas are not synonymous with one another. It's not like saying New York and pizza, or getting back to Texas, Texas and barbecue. I've had Texas barbecue, both inside Texas, as well as in establishments outside of TX run by transplants from TX, and I know what that's like when someone mentions it. I would probably say that TX has the best barbecue, just like NY has the best pizza. So, I've been to TX several times and had all sorts of food there, barbecue, Mexican, Tex-Mex, Colombian, Italian, New American, Hungarian, etc. But I can't recall ever having a cheeseburger there, and if I did, it certainly wasn't memorable. So, tell us, why are Texas cheeseburgers the best? What are the best burger joints in Texas? etc. :)

oh god i really need to dive deep. i might need to get my other bros in here

5 guys is trash. In N Out is way better.

Back