Which side is being more irrational about MayMac?

Compared to expectations*, Conor probably did about a 6 or 7 on a 1-10 scale.

Some Mac fans say he did an 8.

The majority of Floyd fans/Conor haters say he did a 1. Maybe 2.

Without a doubt, this is what is driving most of the arguing.

*"expectations" are debatable, but I think this is pretty agreeable, give or take.

Compare pre fight talk to post fight talk. You will see for yourself.

He got carried which made the fight more enjoyable than it should have been, which is great. Problem with that, people actually think he was doing work on Floyd. Honestly, Floyd didn't go out there to Couture him and set him up; he was more focused on making sure the fans thought it was enjoyable. Compared so something Dana would do and put some fat slob in there to get wrecked as fast as possible to descredit the competition.

Floyd doesn't give a shit about the fans and doesn't mess around in a fight to please the fans. That's the most delusional thing I've heard regarding this fight.

*"expectations" are debatable, but I think this is pretty agreeable, give or take.

first off Floyd didnt even Box him so lets get that straight. Second, Floyd at 150 lb and 40 yrs old stood in front of the 29 yr old 170lb fighter and walked him down. Floyd let Conor take those early rounds to #1 tire Conor out and #2 go thru with his game plan. With those facts in mind i would give Conor a 4. If Floyd would have actually boxed him it would have ended the same but earlier rounds with Conor landing nothing. Floyd didn't JAB, Throw Faints or show different Looks. He is lucky the fight even got sanctioned.

He didn't do good. He went out there with a lot of physical advantages and still got stopped by a guy WAY past his prime that is known and criticized for not finishing fights.

Floyd, years ago, rarely finished fights. Floyd now is way worse than he was years ago and was able to finish Conor. That tells you all you need to know.

Let's put it this way:

If you asked me: "Hey, what kind of boxer over 170 pounds would get finished by the worst possible version of Floyd?"

And my answer would be: Humm...probably a C level boxer.

That's it. Conor is a C level boxer.

actually early in his career he was Koing people

Definitely the Floyd/Boxing fans. They can't just admit that Conor did well, a lot better than most of them thought, so instead they act as though every single thing that happened in the fight was orchestrated by Floyd.

The fact of the matter is that "TBE" had to use the "wait until he gets tired" tactic to win that match. I mean, if Floyd fought Conor in MMA and Conor had to wait until Floyd got tired on the ground to put him away, I'd be very disappointed in Conor.

Then there's the "Floyd wanted to give the fans a fight" crowd, it's sad you think Floyd gives a fuck about what you want. He hasn't given a fuck in about 10 years, he wasn't gonna change that in his last fight AFTER the cash was already on the way to him.

The truth hurts doesnt it. When Floyd put pressure on Conor he crumbled. Floyd didnt change looks, counter as much, use his jab, no faints or he famous shell. all were thrown out the window to stand in front of powerhouse conor and walk him backwards for 80% of the fight. Face it..Floyd toyed with Conor and gave the fans what they wanted.

Both are pretty whacked out to be honest.

It's the only fight where there is more disagreement about the outcome after the fight than before.

I personally thought Floyd would KO Conor within 1-2 rounds and was surprised McGregor lasted as long as he did.

What I think is hilarious are the knuckleheads that think Floyd wanted the fight to last longer to "entertain the fans" Floyd is a narcissist, he would have taken a 5 second KO in a heartbeat. He would have loved to humiliate McGregor in a few seconds to prove a point. His money was already made when the fight started and all that was left was pride.
Truth be known you only assume what floyd wanted. In reality you dont have a fucking clue. And neither do i.....

All you fucks that don't shut up about it, I though I was tired of the constant Conor talk, but now its even worse.

Move on.
lol this is the intelligence of the conor haters. Ignores the thread and trolls.

There's definitely a common trend where the Conor fans are clearly smarter than the haters, as demonstrated in the above post.

It's pretty clear who's more rational.
Actually it's one of the few posts grounded in pure, indisputable, fact. No blind, delusional, made up bullshit here. Just cold hard fact.
And sentomaru, if you are so sick and tired of it all, why the fuck are you here in the Mcgregor/mayweather forum at all?

Floyd doesn't give a shit about the fans and doesn't mess around in a fight to please the fans. That's the most delusional thing I've heard regarding this fight.

Floyd gives a shit about money. The legacy of the "boring" Paccqio fight lost him lots of money (the Berto fight, hyped as his retirement, after the Manny fight ,was on of his weaker PPVs). Floyd kept talking about that fight, and how disappointing people found it for a reason.

i sincerely believe Floyd, if given a mediocre enough opponent, wanted to put on a show for the fans, and erase the lasting memory of the the Paccquio fight. Because at the end of the day, the fans pay for the PPV's and Floyd saw how one dull super-fight could affect his pocketbook among casuals.

It's self serving at the end of the day. By giving the fans a relatively excting "super fight", he's preserving his ability to keep making money off them, even in retirement as a promoter. He can now say he lives up to his promises.

Lucklily, Floyd had a mediocre enough opponent to keep his promise. Were he facing an actual talented or powerful boxer, he'd have done whatever was neccesaary to secure the win. And maybe fight a boring fight. But he chose Conor as a "dance partner" because he could kill several birds with one stone.

Floyd is motivated by what's best for his ability to make money. Especially now that he's a promoter, he knows the fans can stop paying anytime (as they did with the Berto fight). So he ultimately fought Conor how he did for selfish reasons.

Pacquiao just lost to a guy that was much less skilled and experience than him. Physical advantages DO MATTER if they're big enough. Doesn't mean that a guy is gonna beat Floyd just because he is bigger, but if you take a guy that can actually throw a punch, like Conor can and is an elite athlete and much bigger than Floyd, that guy will have a chance at making something happen.

It's like you're stupid. You don't fucking understand what i say. I'm not saying that Conor's gonna beat Floyd because he is bigger. I'm saying that he did have advantages in this fight and couldn't make them work because he was so outclassed by Floyd's skill. I'm saying the exact opposite of what you're claiming i'm saying, retard.

Conor lost, the fight wasn't close, he isn't skilled enough, get over it. He only lasted 10 rounds because of his size. Any guy 20 pounds smaller and with his skills would have been finished in the first.

I cannot believe you you used Horn vs. Pacquiao, which again, shows your limited knowledge when it comes to boxing. Did you watch the fight? Do you honestly believe that Horn won that fight lol Pacquiao was completely robbed, and the judges were a disgrace!

But, let's forget about that for a minute. Born is still a boxer. Train all his life as a boxer, so how the he'll you can use him as an example just shows you're lack of knowledge about boxing!

No, you are stupid, and you do not listen. You just answered my question! Being bigger is not an advantage when you are a non boxer going up against such an experienced fighter. We all know that Conor was never going to out box floyd, even knowing Conor was bigger, meant absolutely nothing!

You know why? The sweet science of boxing! That is why!

He lasted ten rounds because of his size? Please explain this one to everyone. Cannot wait to hear what you say lol

Again, you come across as someone who knows nothing about boxing. I love replying to you because I always make you look stupid lol

The reason Conor had a little bit of success in the beginning of the fight is because he was aggressive and didn't pace himself properly, so he was setting himself up for that TKO-loss the entire time. It's like competing in a marathon, sprinting the first 800 meters and then claim you were winning until you lost when everyone runs by and you end up last.

I'd give him a 3 or a 4.

I cannot believe you you used Horn vs. Pacquiao, which again, shows your limited knowledge when it comes to boxing. Did you watch the fight? Do you honestly believe that Horn won that fight lol Pacquiao was completely robbed, and the judges were a disgrace!

But, let's forget about that for a minute. Born is still a boxer. Train all his life as a boxer, so how the he'll you can use him as an example just shows you're lack of knowledge about boxing!

No, you are stupid, and you do not listen. You just answered my question! Being bigger is not an advantage when you are a non boxer going up against such an experienced fighter. We all know that Conor was never going to out box floyd, even knowing Conor was bigger, meant absolutely nothing!

You know why? The sweet science of boxing! That is why!

He lasted ten rounds because of his size? Please explain this one to everyone. Cannot wait to hear what you say lol

Again, you come across as someone who knows nothing about boxing. I love replying to you because I always make you look stupid lol

Dude, you're simply assuming that just because someone has no pro boxing fights they cannot throw a fucking punch. If you train boxing for over a decade you will learn the fundamentals. And if you're talented enough, even with less training you can achieve similar levels of skill to someone who has a lot more experience. Sure, Conor doesn't have the skills of Floyd Mayweather. But there is a reason why weigh classes exist, and even with less skills, being bigger can make him give Floyd a much tougher time than he would have with a smaller opponent.

Now, you claim to be this fight expert, which you aren't, and yet you ignore the fact that in the history of combat sports, much skilled fighters have been beat by guys that didn't have nearly close the same level of skill. Bob Sapp beat one of the greatest Kickboxers ever, with very limited experience in kickboxing. Brock Lesnar beat guys who were more skilled than him in almost every aspect. Even in his wrestling days he admitted that he was beating guys based on strenght and size.

Again, you seem to be missing my point, which is normal, since you're dumb as fuck. Conor's size is indeed an advantage. It's something that gives him better chances than he would have if he was smaller. Imagine Conor with much less reach and weight. Do you really think the fight would have went to the 10th round? Absolutely not. His fucking reach alone was the reason he was able to find home to so many jabs. His size makes him more durable and difficult to KO by a smaller opponent. Any smaller guy with Conor's lack of skills would have been KO'd inside 4 rounds.

Again, Conor doesn't have Floyd's skills, but he isn't clueless. So, being bigger and having trained in boxing for 15 years does make him dangerous.

So, quit being stupid and talking about the "sweet science" like if it was some impossible art to be successful at unless you had many years of experience and amazing skills. Plenty of amazingly skilled boxers have been beat by opponents that were much less skilled but simply bigger and more powerful. It happens in all combat sports. Kickboxing, BJJ, Wrestling, you name it. It happens in ALL OF THEM.

You know what also happens in ALL OF THEM? Someone with very little training beating someone with a lot more training. Look at BJ Penn, with 3 years of training was tapping guys with 2 decades of training. Eddie Bravo, with NO world championship experience and a brown belt beat one of the greatest grapplers ever. BJJ is just as much as a "sweet science" as boxing is, dummy, and yet, we have seen novices beating legends and big, less skilled guys outpowering smaller more skilled guys. Like i said, it happens in ALL OF THEM.

And again, i'm not saying Conor was going to beat Floyd. I always said he wouldn't. And i repeat, i always gave Conor NO CHANCE. But still, he got stopped by a smaller, older, less active man. He did have advantages in the fight and they weren't enough to beat Floyd's skills. That's all i'm saying.

Now, stop repeating your retarded shit. "Ohh, the sweeet science, ohhh, the sweet science". Dude, you sound absolutely pathetic. It's worse than listening to a fucking parrot.

Last edited:
Dude, you're simply assuming that just because someone has no pro boxing fights they cannot throw a fucking punch. If you train boxing for over a decade you will learn the fundamentals. And if you're talented enough, even with less training you can achieve similar levels of skill to someone who has a lot more experience. Sure, Conor doesn't have the skills of Floyd Mayweather. But there is a reason why weigh classes exist, and even with less skills, being bigger can make him give Floyd a much tougher time than he would have a smaller opponent.

Now, you claim to be this fight expert, which aren't, and yet you ignora the fact that in the history of combat sports, much skilled fighters have been beat by guys that didn't have nearly close the same level of skill. Bob Sapp beat one of the greatest Kickboxers ever, with very limited experience in kickboxing. Brock Lesnar beat guys who were more skilled than him in almost every aspect.

Again, you seem to be missing my point, which is normal, since you're dumb as fuck. Conor's size is indeed an advantage. It's something that gives him better chances if he would have if he was smaller. Imagine Conor with much less reach and weight. Do you really think the fight would have went to the 10th round? Absolutely not.

So, quit being stupid and talking about the "sweet science" like if it was some impossible art to be successful at unless you have many years of experience and amazing skills. Plenty of amazingly skilled boxers have been beat by opponents that were much less skilled but simply bigger and more powerful. It happens in all combat sports. Kickboxing, BJJ, Wrestling, you name it. It happens in ALL OF THEM.

You know what also happens in ALL OF THEM? Someone with very little training beating someone with a lot more training. Look at BJ Penn, with 3 years of training was tapping guys with 2 decades of training. BJJ is just as much as a "sweet science" as boxing is, dummy, and yet, we have seen novices beating legends and big, less skilled guys outpowering smaller more skilled guys. Like i said, it happens in ALL OF THEM.

And again, i'm not saying Conor was going to beat Floyd. I always said he wouldn't. And i repeat, i always gave Conor NO CHANCE. But still, he got stopped by a smaller, older, less active man. He did have advantages in the fight and they weren't enough to beat Floyd's skills.

Now, stop repeating your retarded shit. "Ohh, the sweeet science, ohhh, the sweet science". Dude, you sound absolutely pathetic. It's worse than listening to a fucking parrot.

Bob Sapp played with big nog like a kid with his toys. im not saying that big nog sucked, he was much more skilled, but it was funny.
<{Heymansnicker}>

DqUrUVw.gif

Bob Sapp played with big nog like a kid with his toys. im not saying that big nog sucked, he was much more skilled, but it was funny.
<{Heymansnicker}>

DqUrUVw.gif

Yeah, i mean, this idea that size is not an advantage is one of the most retarded shit i've seen written in this forum ever. This guy loves to point out how others don't know shit about boxing and this and that, but then he seems to have missed all the fights where guys with little to no experience beat world class martial artists just because they were bigger. It didn't happened this time, but Conor's size did give him the ability to last a little longer than he would have lasted if he was smaller.

Dude, you're simply assuming that just because someone has no pro boxing fights they cannot throw a fucking punch. If you train boxing for over a decade you will learn the fundamentals. And if you're talented enough, even with less training you can achieve similar levels of skill to someone who has a lot more experience. Sure, Conor doesn't have the skills of Floyd Mayweather. But there is a reason why weigh classes exist, and even with less skills, being bigger can make him give Floyd a much tougher time than he would have with a smaller opponent.

Now, you claim to be this fight expert, which you aren't, and yet you ignore the fact that in the history of combat sports, much skilled fighters have been beat by guys that didn't have nearly close the same level of skill. Bob Sapp beat one of the greatest Kickboxers ever, with very limited experience in kickboxing. Brock Lesnar beat guys who were more skilled than him in almost every aspect. Even in his wrestling days he admitted that he was beating guys based on strenght and size.

Again, you seem to be missing my point, which is normal, since you're dumb as fuck. Conor's size is indeed an advantage. It's something that gives him better chances than he would have if he was smaller. Imagine Conor with much less reach and weight. Do you really think the fight would have went to the 10th round? Absolutely not. His fucking reach alone was the reason he was able to find home to so many jabs. His size makes him more durable and difficult to KO by a smaller opponent. Any smaller guy with Conor's lack of skills would have been KO'd inside 4 rounds.

Again, Conor doesn't have Floyd's skills, but he isn't clueless. So, being bigger and having trained in boxing for 15 years does make him dangerous.

So, quit being stupid and talking about the "sweet science" like if it was some impossible art to be successful at unless you had many years of experience and amazing skills. Plenty of amazingly skilled boxers have been beat by opponents that were much less skilled but simply bigger and more powerful. It happens in all combat sports. Kickboxing, BJJ, Wrestling, you name it. It happens in ALL OF THEM.

You know what also happens in ALL OF THEM? Someone with very little training beating someone with a lot more training. Look at BJ Penn, with 3 years of training was tapping guys with 2 decades of training. Eddie Bravo, with NO world championship experience and a brown belt beat one of the greatest grapplers ever. BJJ is just as much as a "sweet science" as boxing is, dummy, and yet, we have seen novices beating legends and big, less skilled guys outpowering smaller more skilled guys. Like i said, it happens in ALL OF THEM.

And again, i'm not saying Conor was going to beat Floyd. I always said he wouldn't. And i repeat, i always gave Conor NO CHANCE. But still, he got stopped by a smaller, older, less active man. He did have advantages in the fight and they weren't enough to beat Floyd's skills. That's all i'm saying.

So you use an example, that was clearly wrong, and ignore it! Lol

Where did I say that if you have little boxing experience, then you cannot throw a punch? Please tell me where I wrote that, and I will say sorry!

Skill wise, you are talking about boxers against boxers. Off course the less skilled fighter can win because there are other factors here. How hard they hit, conditioning, pacing, footwork, headwork etc. What they have in common is they have trained in boxing for years. Have had many 12 round fights. When you start in boxing, you do not even have 12 round fights, you have to build up to that. So, this was Connors first professional fight, and it was 12 rounds. Him lasting to 10 rounds was a great effort. His weight, reach is not an advantage, in boxing it takes times to make the most of you're advantages, be it longer reach, knock out power etc

And this is something you just do not get. It is all to do with the sweet science of boxing. You think a man with little boxing experience can get into a ring, in his first 12 round fight, with one of the greatest boxers of all time, with three months training, and suddenly understand boxing? It is not going to happen, unless I am wrong about the sweet science of boxing, which I am not.

Trained in boxing for 15 years? He started doing boxing when he was 12. Then a few years later switched to mma and had his first professional fight at 19. Where are you getting this 15 years from?

Conor is not a boxer, but he managed to hit Floyd a number of times right up to round nine. He was never going to out box floyd, he was never going to win against one of the best fighters ever, with over 20 years of boxing experience, unless he knocked him out.

So, that is why he done well. Yes, clueless haters like yourself are never going to admit he done well. You will bring up crap like he was 40, brittle hands, has not had a fight in two years etc

But you do not understand boxing and how it can take years to make the most of your abilities. You will even go as low as saying Floyd is a c fighter now. Absolute rubbish!

Probably the side with nuthugging groupies like you.

Conor got his ass whooped. Get over it.

Yeah, i mean, this idea that size is not an advantage is one of the most retarded shit i've seen written in this forum ever. This guy loves to point out how others don't know shit about boxing and this and that, but then he seems to have missed all the fights where guys with little to no experience beat world class martial artists just because they were bigger. It didn't happened this time, but Conor's size did give him the ability to last a little longer than he would have lasted if he was smaller.

LOL sorry , that is not going to work. I have explained this to you time and time again, but you do not seem to listen. You have started to mention the things I said to you to give you some cred, but everyone pretty much knows you are a troll.

Probably the side with nuthugging groupies like you.

Conor got his ass whooped. Get over it.

Sorry, this forum is full of haters who joined a few months ago to troll the boards. You get the odd positive thread, but they are few and far between.

Conor is not a boxer, but he managed to hit Floyd a number of times right up to round nine. He was never going to out box floyd, he was never going to win against one of the best fighters ever, with over 20 years of boxing experience, unless he knocked him out.

So, that is why he done well. Yes, clueless haters like yourself are never going to admit he done well. You will bring up crap like he was 40, brittle hands, has not had a fight in two years etc

But you do not understand boxing and how it can take years to make the most of your abilities. You will even go as low as saying Floyd is a c fighter now. Absolute rubbish!

i didnt read (tl;dr pls) all, but conor maybe had 1-3 significant (im generous) punches ... even my grandpa could hit him a few times, but significant punches? well thats another story

Where did I say that if you have little boxing experience, then you cannot throw a punch? Please tell me where I wrote that, and I will say sorry!

Skill wise, you are talking about boxers against boxers. Off course the less skilled fighter can win because there are other factors here. How hard they hit, conditioning, pacing, footwork, headwork etc. What they have in common is they have trained in boxing for years. Have had many 12 round fights. When you start in boxing, you do not even have 12 round fights, you have to build up to that. So, this was Connors first professional fight, and it was 12 rounds. Him lasting to 10 rounds was a great effort. His weight, reach is not an advantage, in boxing it takes times to make the most of you're advantages, be it longer reach, knock out power etc

And this is something you just do not get. It is all to do with the sweet science of boxing. You think a man with little boxing experience can get into a ring, in his first 12 round fight, with one of the greatest boxers of all time, with three months training, and suddenly understand boxing? It is not going to happen, unless I am wrong about the sweet science of boxing, which I am not.

Trained in boxing for 15 years? He started doing boxing when he was 12. Then a few years later switched to mma and had his first professional fight at 19. Where are you getting this 15 years from?

Who cares if it's 10 years or 15 years. I don't know for a fact. Do you know for a fact? No, you don't. As far as we know, he has been training boxing for years. So, what makes you so sure someone who has at least a decade of boxing can't box? Yeah, he might not be an A level boxer, but he still has boxing training, just like BJ Penn with 3 years of training and no world championship experience was able to beat much more experienced fighters.

This post completely showcases your ignorance. So, every "boxer" has had "many 12 round fights"? You're to caught up in this idea of "boxer vs boxer". Conor IS A BOXER!!! He is a boxer from the very moment he signed up for a professional boxing boxing fight and trained hard for it. Is he a good boxer? No, he isn't. But he is a boxer. And i can guarantee you that there are boxers with a lot more experience than Conor that would lose to him. You know why? Because being a boxer isn't being a good boxer. You can be a boxer but still be bad boxer.

Now, just to address your ignorance: Plenty of boxers make their pro debut against much more experienced boxers. You do have plenty 0-0 boxers, with 0 12 round fights, that debut against guys with much more experience and beat them. Jeff Horn himself both in the beginning of his amateur career and pro career went against guys that had a lot more experience than him and beat them.

So yeah, your logic is very flawed. You do have many guys with ZERO 12 round experience making their debut against much more experienced boxers. And guess what: they win!

BTW:

Jeff Horn made his debut against a guy who had 9 pro fights.

Shane Mosley made his debut against a guy who had 17 pro fights

Ricky Hatton made his debut against a guy with 69 pro fights

So, i just gave you a few examples of guys with ZERO pro boxing experience beating guys with a lot more experience. And i could spend here all day giving you more examples if i wanted you.

So, your whole argument is fucking flawed. You can have a guy that is just as experienced as Conor, or even less, beating experienced professional fighters.

And again, Jeff Horn went out there with only 4 years of pro boxing and not many fights and beat Pacquiao. It doesn't really matter if you think he won or not. You're not the law. It's not up to you to make that decision. Even if he didn't win, he gave him a hell of a fight, just because he was bigger. This was a nobody with little experience against a guy with decades of A level competition.

Back