Which side is being more irrational about MayMac?

Hiya AllAlong87,

The same trolls who say that everyone will beat Conor and say that Conor sucks etc. are the same ones saying that Conor did terrible. They are just saying it to get a reaction out of people, just ignore them and they will move onto a different schtick.

Most of the people saying he did terrible, also said he wouldnt land a single punch and wouldnt even last 2 rounds etc.

I think floyd fought most of round 1 expecting to carry conor and easily beat him, but once he did open up, conor did better than he expected and landed more punches than most (including floyd) expected. Conor was doing well in exchanges until he gassed, most expected conor to be completely outclassed, even when fresh, so I would say Conor exceeded expectations.

-Pwent
Where do you take into account it was Mayweather's plan to make Conor gas?

Start at 43 seconds and he tells you his game plan and how he came up with it.

Both are pretty whacked out to be honest.

It's the only fight where there is more disagreement about the outcome after the fight than before.

I personally thought Floyd would KO Conor within 1-2 rounds and was surprised McGregor lasted as long as he did.

What I think is hilarious are the knuckleheads that think Floyd wanted the fight to last longer to "entertain the fans" Floyd is a narcissist, he would have taken a 5 second KO in a heartbeat. He would have loved to humiliate McGregor in a few seconds to prove a point. His money was already made when the fight started and all that was left was pride.

There's nothing hilarious about a fighter completely changing his style for one fight. Walking McGregor down, in an amateurish peek a boo cover and throwing single shots is not how Mayweather ever fights.

What is hilarious is the observers who can't tell the difference.

Hearing stupid things from the haters and stupid things from the lovers. Both are exactly the same. They think they are different, but they are not, just the opposite extremes.

Definitely the Floyd/Boxing fans. They can't just admit that Conor did well, a lot better than most of them thought, so instead they act as though every single thing that happened in the fight was orchestrated by Floyd.

The fact of the matter is that "TBE" had to use the "wait until he gets tired" tactic to win that match. I mean, if Floyd fought Conor in MMA and Conor had to wait until Floyd got tired on the ground to put him away, I'd be very disappointed in Conor.

Then there's the "Floyd wanted to give the fans a fight" crowd, it's sad you think Floyd gives a fuck about what you want. He hasn't given a fuck in about 10 years, he wasn't gonna change that in his last fight AFTER the cash was already on the way to him.

The TBE was a 40 year old man with brittle hands, the slowest and weakest version of himself, who gave away 20 pounds and 2 inches to a young, tough Irish stud in his prime. and Conor still got KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT!

By a fighter who hasn't gotten a legit stoppage in 10 years. Conor accomplished nothing and was carried. There are no moral victories to be had here.

Imagine if Floyd and Conor were actually the same age, and Floyd was in his prime. It'd have been a lot uglier.

Hiya AllAlong87,

The same trolls who say that everyone will beat Conor and say that Conor sucks etc. are the same ones saying that Conor did terrible. They are just saying it to get a reaction out of people, just ignore them and they will move onto a different schtick.

Most of the people saying he did terrible, also said he wouldnt land a single punch and wouldnt even last 2 rounds etc.

I think floyd fought most of round 1 expecting to carry conor and easily beat him, but once he did open up, conor did better than he expected and landed more punches than most (including floyd) expected. Conor was doing well in exchanges until he gassed, most expected conor to be completely outclassed, even when fresh, so I would say Conor exceeded expectations.

-Pwent

This is the point that even "respected analysts" in boxing are ignoring. This includes fighters like Malignaggi and Diaz who just wanted to see Conor lose.

They continue to say that Floyd walked Conor down and did what he wanted etc etc. They won't go as far as the complete trolls and say Floyd carried him, but they basically imply that he did.

But what they ignore is how many times Floyd tried to "flip the switch". They act like he just stood back and deflected shots for 9 rounds, then started to come forward, and immediately got the KO. They either ignore, or don't see, how many times throughout the fight Floyd started to push forward and realized Conor was still a threat. Floyd doesn't carry guys or give the fans a show. He prides himself on total and absolute dominance. If he could have Ko'd Conor any sooner he would have. And if he could have held Conor to zero landed punches he would have.

He came forward and probed throughout the fight. Testing to see if he could take it to Conor and get him outta there. He found out for 8 full rounds that he would still be in danger if he pushed too hard. And 8 rounds is longer than it took him to break down Corrales, Marquez, Hatton, Judah, Gatti, Mosley. None of those guys had anything for him after about the 4th. And Conor won the 8th. But I guess Floyd let him have it, you know, for the fans.

He didn't do good. He went out there with a lot of physical advantages and still got stopped by a guy WAY past his prime that is known and criticized for not finishing fights.

Floyd, years ago, rarely finished fights. Floyd now is way worse than he was years ago and was able to finish Conor. That tells you all you need to know.

Let's put it this way:

If you asked me: "Hey, what kind of boxer over 170 pounds would get finished by the worst possible version of Floyd?"

And my answer would be: Humm...probably a C level boxer.

That's it. Conor is a C level boxer.

There you go again!

Physical advantages mean crap if you are inexperienced in boxing. How many times do I have to explain this to you! Floyd has 20 years experience dedicating his life to boxing. Conor had a few years when he was a kid, and 3 months training.

Floyd would set not be classed as a c level fighter. Where the he'll did you get that from! Yes, he is not the same boxer, but you are talking about one of the greatest, if not, the greatest boxers of all time.

And even if he was a c level boxer, are you saying Conor was a c level boxer? You are making sound like co or should have beaten him or something because he is a c level boxer.

Conor is not a boxer! This was his first professional fight!

Conor did very good, better then expected so if you don't give him credit you probably have self esteem problems. Floyd did not carry it, he was getting hit and swinging at air. If conor had better cardio the fight would have went the distance with floyd winning a dec. No matter how good conor did he was not winning a dec, he would have had to ko floyd. Boxing judging is as corrupt as always to not give conor 1-3.

He lost. tko

lol this is the intelligence of the conor haters. Ignores the thread and trolls.

There's definitely a common trend where the Conor fans are clearly smarter than the haters, as demonstrated in the above post.

It's pretty clear who's more rational.

The TBE was a 40 year old man with brittle hands, the slowest and weakest version of himself, who gave away 20 pounds and 2 inches to a young, tough Irish stud in his prime. and Conor still got KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT!

By a fighter who hasn't gotten a legit stoppage in 10 years. Conor accomplished nothing and was carried. There are no moral victories to be had here.

Imagine if Floyd and Conor were actually the same age, and Floyd was in his prime. It'd have been a lot uglier.

Sick and tired of clueless haters bringing up this b.s. time and time again. Sorry, but you are as bad as the Conor lovers. You are exactly the same, just do not want to admit it!

Have you heard the saying "the sweet science of boxing"? Do you know what it means?

Boxing is a complicated sport. You cannot be a good boxer, and understand the sweet science of boxing. It can take years, as many boxers have stated. Your technique,footwork, head movement, pacing, cardio etc can take years to develop. And the only way you are going to do that is hard work, dedication, and a few 12 rounds fights.

Floyd is the master of the science of boxing. One of, if not, the greatest boxers of all time. He has the skill, the experience, and that experience never leaves you!

Yes, he is forty, but even at forty, he is a dangerous fighter, no one can doubt that.

Now Conor. He boxed when he was a kid, then moved to mma. He would have taken what he learned, but that was maybe 10%.

So, in mma, as you should know, strikers are not as good as boxers because they cannot dedicate their time to just boxing, considering all the other factors that come into play in mma

So Conor took this fight, and trained for around three months, which, of course is no way enough time, as we are talking years of training and dedication, and quite a few 12 round fights.

So, he went into this fight as not a boxer, and even though he lost, he done a lot better than people thought. Because of his lack of boxing experience.

He managed to counter, connect with body shots, use the jab effectively up until the begining of round 9, and as a boxing fan, I have to commend him for that, considering it was his first professional 12 round fight against the greatest defensive boxer of all time. Older yes, but of course, still a dangerous fighter.

Did he win as many rounds as some people were saying? I do not think so. But he was landing, even when Floyd started to through.

As for the gassing. This was Connors first professional fight. It takes a lot of 12 round experience in the boxing ring to learn how to pace yourself. That is why i knew he was going to gass and predicted it, like a lot of people.

This is why Conor done well. Does not matter if Floyd had a plane, or changed his style for this fight.

Even Floyd said after he was surprised about Conor in that fight.

There are no sides, just facts.
And the fact is, Conor got played in the ring.

if floyd boxed the same way against canelo/pac (whoever) he did against conor, he would risk a big knock out ... even Van said this. i mean he ate burgers and was in strip-clubs ... theres a reason why he fought Conor.
Dana is the white don king. i would not trust him ... it doesnt matter what he said --> releasing video tape/conors training ... whatever. i have to bump the threads, where he says that hes in the best shape of his life and 12 rounds are easy peasy.

i would spend 200 dollars to watch the 19 y/o floyd aka KO machine vs Conor.

{<jordan}

It doesn't seem to me that floyd deliberately carried him, but he did fight very casually and proobably could've been more dominant if he wanted to. McGregor did a bit better than I expected, but at the same time he never did anything substantial, so i don't see why anyone would be too excited about his performance.

You act like Floyd didn't come out of retirement after 2 year before and then Box the ears off of Juan Manuel Marquez. All this stuff about Mayweather being old, acting like he's this decrepit old man, it's all the irrationality that TS is talking about. He is older, probably slower and weaker, but you're talking like he retired a decade ago after already showing massive decline.

He retired 2 years ago, still looked pretty good. It took him 9.5 rounds to put an 0-0 Boxer away, after having to use Homer Simpson tactics. That is a moral victory, no matter how retarded an argument you make.

You act like Floyd didn't come out of retirement after 2 year before and then Box the ears off of Juan Manuel Marquez. All this stuff about Mayweather being old, acting like he's this decrepit old man, it's all the irrationality that TS is talking about. He is older, probably slower and weaker, but you're talking like he retired a decade ago after already showing massive decline.

He retired 2 years ago, still looked pretty good. It took him 9.5 rounds to put an 0-0 Boxer away, after having to use Homer Simpson tactics. That is a moral victory, no matter how retarded an argument you make.

not probably ... he is. theres a reason why he fought conor and doesnt want to fight any other boxer.

There you go again!

Physical advantages mean crap if you are inexperienced in boxing. How many times do I have to explain this to you! Floyd has 20 years experience dedicating his life to boxing. Conor had a few years when he was a kid, and 3 months training.

Floyd would set not be classed as a c level fighter. Where the he'll did you get that from! Yes, he is not the same boxer, but you are talking about one of the greatest, if not, the greatest boxers of all time.

And even if he was a c level boxer, are you saying Conor was a c level boxer? You are making sound like co or should have beaten him or something because he is a c level boxer.

Conor is not a boxer! This was his first professional fight!

Pacquiao just lost to a guy that was much less skilled and experience than him. Physical advantages DO MATTER if they're big enough. Doesn't mean that a guy is gonna beat Floyd just because he is bigger, but if you take a guy that can actually throw a punch, like Conor can and is an elite athlete and much bigger than Floyd, that guy will have a chance at making something happen.

It's like you're stupid. You don't fucking understand what i say. I'm not saying that Conor's gonna beat Floyd because he is bigger. I'm saying that he did have advantages in this fight and couldn't make them work because he was so outclassed by Floyd's skill. I'm saying the exact opposite of what you're claiming i'm saying, retard.

Conor lost, the fight wasn't close, he isn't skilled enough, get over it. He only lasted 10 rounds because of his size. Any guy 20 pounds smaller and with his skills would have been finished in the first.

Compared to expectations*, Conor probably did about a 6 or 7 on a 1-10 scale.

Some Mac fans say he did an 8.

The majority Floyd fans/Conor haters say he did a 1. Maybe 2.

Without a doubt, this is what is driving most of the arguing.

*"expectations" are debatable, but I think this is pretty agreeable, give or take.

As Boxing is concerned, Conor was a 4 (in pure boxing skills).
Note: this is not a slight on him. This is not his sport, and it was expected of him to be an easy pick against a guy like Floyd.

But IMHO Conor did way better than I thought.
Because this was a clear money-grabbing fight.
And we all knew that, if he did not KO Floyd in the early rounds, he'd lose the fight. Yet he stayed focused, and even gassed, he kept his composure and didn't throw in the towel.

So for the fight itself, I give him a 7.

But the thing people need to understand: Floyd dictated the pace. This fight went 10 rounds because Floyd allowed it to be so.
He did it because he was smart. He knew that an early KO of Conor would draw the ire of the viewers. He also never saw Conor fight Boxing before.
So he clearly allowed Conor the 4 first rounds. Both to learn what Conor could do or not, but also as a pride point. He knew Conor would go for broke, and he knew he could take it.
So he did not attack and only defended.

But once it was clear Conor could not do him any harm, he walked Conor back like it was his bitch.
And that shows he did not respect Conor's Boxing. because if he did, he would be elusive... a quality he displayed throughout his career.
So I don't buy into that "Conor hit more than Pac-man" crap like he was any better at t than Manny.

So all in all, it was not a bad fight. and we can disagree all we want, but we know Conor would murder Floyd in an MMA match... unless he decides to stand with him.

Definitely the Floyd/Boxing fans. They can't just admit that Conor did well, a lot better than most of them thought, so instead they act as though every single thing that happened in the fight was orchestrated by Floyd.

The fact of the matter is that "TBE" had to use the "wait until he gets tired" tactic to win that match. I mean, if Floyd fought Conor in MMA and Conor had to wait until Floyd got tired on the ground to put him away, I'd be very disappointed in Conor.

Then there's the "Floyd wanted to give the fans a fight" crowd, it's sad you think Floyd gives a fuck about what you want. He hasn't given a fuck in about 10 years, he wasn't gonna change that in his last fight AFTER the cash was already on the way to him.
If I were to fight my 3 year old nephew and let him hit me with pitter patter punches for 20 minutes (suffering no damage), then crushed him with punches...did he do good? No. Conor was the prey. Floyd was the lion.

Compared to expectations*, Conor probably did about a 6 or 7 on a 1-10 scale.

Some Mac fans say he did an 8.

The majority Floyd fans/Conor haters say he did a 1. Maybe 2.

Without a doubt, this is what is driving most of the arguing.

*"expectations" are debatable, but I think this is pretty agreeable, give or take.

He did better than I expected... but not nearly as well as a lot of his fans expected/predicted.

The guy lasted until round 10, and most smart money had him out of the fight somewhere between 6 and 8. Good for him.

But now his fans are saying he did awesome, and even suggesting that he showed he could outbox Mayweather if only he had the cardio... which is foolish considering he landed exactly one clean punch the entire fight, and even that wasn't a dangerous shot.

THAT's what's driving most of the arguing.

Floyd fans are under-stating Conor's performance by so much that it just comes across as deliberate trolling.

3/10
Connie went there,did exactly what he always do,and got put down because of it.

If only he hadn't fought a fighter sooo "composed"....

Because,clearly!!Floyd being "composed" was the only differential there.
SMH.

Back