Which side is being more irrational about MayMac?

AllAlong87

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Compared to expectations*, Conor probably did about a 6 or 7 on a 1-10 scale.

Some Mac fans say he did an 8.

The majority of Floyd fans/Conor haters say he did a 1. Maybe 2.

Without a doubt, this is what is driving most of the arguing.

*"expectations" are debatable, but I think this is pretty agreeable, give or take.

Last edited:
Probably the side who said Floyd would be KO'ed in 2, who are now resorting to "But Conor won some rounds though!"

Both are pretty whacked out to be honest.

It's the only fight where there is more disagreement about the outcome after the fight than before.

I personally thought Floyd would KO Conor within 1-2 rounds and was surprised McGregor lasted as long as he did.

What I think is hilarious are the knuckleheads that think Floyd wanted the fight to last longer to "entertain the fans" Floyd is a narcissist, he would have taken a 5 second KO in a heartbeat. He would have loved to humiliate McGregor in a few seconds to prove a point. His money was already made when the fight started and all that was left was pride.

Last edited:
He got carried which made the fight more enjoyable than it should have been, which is great. Problem with that, people actually think he was doing work on Floyd. Honestly, Floyd didn't go out there to Couture him and set him up; he was more focused on making sure the fans thought it was enjoyable. Compared so something Dana would do and put some fat slob in there to get wrecked as fast as possible to descredit the competition.

I think he was ok. I dont think he did as good, or as bad, as people say. Floyd isn't known as a monster puncher anyways. I doubt he would have knocked him out early, but he could have made him look a lot worse(with his defensive skills) if he fought more like he would vs a Canelo/etc. I guess as viewers we need to be lucky it wasnt some personal boxing vs. MMA vendetta and was 99.99% all about the money to Floyd. Because if is personal, to prove "which sport is best," people on both sides could humiliate each other in their own respective sports and this wasn't set up like that. I thought it might be, but after the first couple rounds it was evident it wasn't.

Definitely the people praising the fukk out of Conor for lasting 10 rounds. Especially after delusionally hyping him for months. His performance was shit, entertaining as fuck, but shit. Then again, he isn't a boxer. Still, he stepped into a boxing so fukk all that 'b-but he's an MMA fighter so he gets bonus points' shit.

Probably the side who said Floyd would be KO'ed in 2, who are now resorting to "But Conor won some rounds though!"
In that case, it's not really a matter of their overstating it. It's just that was his best chance to win. Does that make sense?

I personally thought Floyd would KO Conor within 1-2 rounds and was surprised McGregor lasted as long as he did.
You can't finish someone in the 1st round when the fight is official after the 4th round

Mayweather could finish him in the 4th rd, but he wanted to please the fans

I say he did fucking awesome. He went in the ring for 28.5 minutes and got paid $100 million or more.

He did a 3/10 IMO.

He promised a KO inside 4. I take Conor's promises seriously, and hold him accountable to them.

Both are pretty whacked out to be honest.

It's the only fight where there is more disagreement about the outcome after the fight than before.

What I think is hilarious are the knuckleheads that think Floyd wanted the fight to last longer to "entertain the fans" Floyd is a narcissist, he would have taken a 5 second KO in a heartbeat. He would have loved to humiliate McGregor in a few seconds to prove a point. His money was already made when the fight started and all that was left was pride.

He got carried which made the fight more enjoyable than it should have been, which is great. Problem with that, people actually think he was doing work on Floyd. Honestly, Floyd didn't go out there to Couture him and set him up; he was more focused on making sure the fans thought it was enjoyable. Compared so something Dana would do and put some fat slob in there to get wrecked as fast as possible to descredit the competition.

I think he was ok. I dont think he did as good, or as bad, as people say. Floyd isn't known as a monster puncher anyways. I doubt he would have knocked him out early, but he could have made him look a lot worse(with his defensive skills) if he fought more like he would vs a Canelo/etc. I guess as viewers we need to be lucky it wasnt some personal boxing vs. MMA vendetta and was 99.99% all about the money to Floyd. Because if is personal, to prove "which sport is best," people on both sides could humiliate each other in their own respective sports and this wasn't set up like that. I thought it might be, but after the first couple rounds it was evident it wasn't.

lol the "knucklehead" was literally typing out his nonsense as you were referencing him.

The majority Floyd fans/Conor haters say he did a 1. Maybe 2.

*"expectations" are debatable, but I think this is pretty agreeable, give or take.

Hiya AllAlong87,

The same trolls who say that everyone will beat Conor and say that Conor sucks etc. are the same ones saying that Conor did terrible. They are just saying it to get a reaction out of people, just ignore them and they will move onto a different schtick.

Most of the people saying he did terrible, also said he wouldnt land a single punch and wouldnt even last 2 rounds etc.

I think floyd fought most of round 1 expecting to carry conor and easily beat him, but once he did open up, conor did better than he expected and landed more punches than most (including floyd) expected. Conor was doing well in exchanges until he gassed, most expected conor to be completely outclassed, even when fresh, so I would say Conor exceeded expectations.

-Pwent

If you had reasonable expectations for what Conor could do in a boxing ring going in, then I think you can say that he didn't give a bad account of himself. It wasn't a remotely competitive fight and Floyd was never in any hurry to get him out of there, but McGregor showed better footwork and general defense than I expected. His cardio being trash was entirely predictable as it's his biggest weakness in MMA, let alone boxing.

One legitimate criticism to make of Conor (again, within the context of realistic expectations; if one were to evaluate McGregor the way you'd evaluate a genuinely good boxer there would criticisms to make for days) was his gameplan and decision to not even try and sit down on punches all fight. Outside of a few body shots he put absolutely nothing on his shots, and by doing that, he effectively gave himself no chance. For a guy with a minimum 20 pound weight advantage who was known as an elite puncher in MMA to not even put power on his shots and hunt for a KO, well, it was very stupid and guaranteed he never even had a small chance (even if it allowed him to last a few more rounds before completely gassing). I don't wholly blame Conor for that, his joke of a team likely played a role in choosing such a futile gamplean (although, Conor does call the shots and could have brought in some legitimate boxing guys who weren't merely yes-men).

Floyd did exactly what he and his team said he would. Conor and his team? Not so much.

Kavanagh told Ariel before the fight, on the MMA Hour, that one side was being delusional, living in a fantasy land with regards to their expectations, and that the fight would reveal which side that was.

And it did.

All you fucks that don't shut up about it, I though I was tired of the constant Conor talk, but now its even worse.

Move on.

MMA fans looking for moral victories. Floyd Mayweather, a 40 year old boxer who hadn't fought in 2 years, walked down a bigger, stronger and younger fighter, exhausted him, and put him out.

Floyd simply used experience and his superior cardiopulmonary conditioning to carry McGregor and give the fans something to talk about.

All the moral victory from MMA fans is just more evidence of their lack of IQ when it comes to fighting.

This.

You could tell when Floyd went back to his stool in between rounds and gave a giant smile to the camera. That's when he started to turn it up on Conor and whooped his ass.

Definitely the Floyd/Boxing fans. They can't just admit that Conor did well, a lot better than most of them thought, so instead they act as though every single thing that happened in the fight was orchestrated by Floyd.

The fact of the matter is that "TBE" had to use the "wait until he gets tired" tactic to win that match. I mean, if Floyd fought Conor in MMA and Conor had to wait until Floyd got tired on the ground to put him away, I'd be very disappointed in Conor.

Then there's the "Floyd wanted to give the fans a fight" crowd, it's sad you think Floyd gives a fuck about what you want. He hasn't given a fuck in about 10 years, he wasn't gonna change that in his last fight AFTER the cash was already on the way to him.

The majority Floyd fans/Conor haters say he did a 1. Maybe 2.

He didn't do good. He went out there with a lot of physical advantages and still got stopped by a guy WAY past his prime that is known and criticized for not finishing fights.

Floyd, years ago, rarely finished fights. Floyd now is way worse than he was years ago and was able to finish Conor. That tells you all you need to know.

Let's put it this way:

If you asked me: "Hey, what kind of boxer over 170 pounds would get finished by the worst possible version of Floyd?"

And my answer would be: Humm...probably a C level boxer.

That's it. Conor is a C level boxer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back