What's Your Next Purchase? V5

What's the purpose for a fluted barrel on a glock? And what does titanium intruding do? Make it easier to clean?

I've always kept my glocks fairly simple. I mean, I replace barrels on the ones I plan to shoot heavy hard cast ammo out of but I just get bar sto barrels or even lone wolf barrels and havnt had any issue.

I love my glock 19 that I've set up woods carry, gen3 g19, bar sto barrel, trijicon signts....loaded with buffalo bore 147g hardcast.

It's like my light carry gun.
The fluting is for what I think nutnfancy would call is "second kind of cool". The Titanium Nitride my understanding is akin to Cerkote to protect the barrel, make it easier to clean, without adding that layer.

The reviews I have seen of S3F barrels all say it's like a very expensive match grade barrel without the match grade price.

The fluting is for what I think nutnfancy would call is "second kind of cool". The Titanium Nitride my understanding is akin to Cerkote to protect the barrel, make it easier to clean, without adding that layer.

The reviews I have seen of S3F barrels all say it's like a very expensive match grade barrel without the match grade price.

Interesting. Sounds pretty sweet, but I guess that makes another question for me. Why would one want/need a match grade barrel in a defensive/cc pistol? I mean I understand for shooting competitions and stuff but I don't think many of them use a 19/23 for that, probably the 34/35/17l.

To be clear, I'm not trying to talk shit on your purchase, im just interested. I've always thought of glocks as utilitarian guns, I saw some tricked out 2500 dollar glock once and I couldn't help but to ask myself...."why".

Interesting. Sounds pretty sweet, but I guess that makes another question for me. Why would one want/need a match grade barrel in a defensive/cc pistol? I mean I understand for shooting competitions and stuff but I don't think many of them use a 19/23 for that, probably the 34/35/17l.

To be clear, I'm not trying to talk shit on your purchase, im just interested. I've always thought of glocks as utilitarian guns, I saw some tricked out 2500 dollar glock once and I couldn't help but to ask myself...."why".
Frankly, I need all the help I can get shooting pistols. The only barebones pistol I have been ok shooting out to about 20 yards is my GI sights 1911 and I think that's because I have near 5000 rounds through the thing and have had it for near 10 years.

I get the utilitarian abilities of the Glock, I've called it the AK of pistols myself. That said, I figure if I could get a match grade barrel for about the same as like a LoneWolf, KKM, or even Bar Sto.

Just as an example, LoneWolf conversions are around $170 on Brownells right now. I got the S3F for like $220 I think. I admit, I paid $50 more but I got a Titanium Nitride finish and it at least is advertised as a match grade barrel.

Just for the sake of what Titanium Nitride does:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium_nitride#Uses

My dad has a Titanium Nitride drill bit he bought in the early 90s for his drill press.. thing has never needed to be sharpened minus little touch up things here and there.

Frankly, I need all the help I can get shooting pistols. The only barebones pistol I have been ok shooting out to about 20 yards is my GI sights 1911 and I think that's because I have near 5000 rounds through the thing and have had it for near 10 years.

I get the utilitarian abilities of the Glock, I've called it the AK of pistols myself. That said, I figure if I could get a match grade barrel for about the same as like a LoneWolf, KKM, or even Bar Sto.

Just as an example, LoneWolf conversions are around $170 on Brownells right now. I got the S3F for like $220 I think. I admit, I paid $50 more but I got a Titanium Nitride finish and it at least is advertised as a match grade barrel.

Just for the sake of what Titanium Nitride does:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium_nitride#Uses

My dad has a Titanium Nitride drill bit he bought in the early 90s for his drill press.. thing has never needed to be sharpened minus little touch up things here and there.

That's cool. Titanium nitriding seems like somerhig that would be useful for me.

I absolutely HATE the tfo sights, I've lost the glow things out of them many times and snapped off at least 3 front sights. They are absolute junk and shouldn't be used for anything other than range toys.

The front sights are so long and the attachment is so close to the front it's just too easy to torque them and break them.

Fuck those mother Fucking things. There are few products I feel so much hatred for but fuck the truglo TFO.
Wow, def a YMMV thing. I've had the same set on my 27 for 4 years now and I haven't had a single issue. I used front sight tool and borrowed a rear sight pusher and did it myself too. I put a small bit of loctite on the front sight, and I've never had to retighten or readjust in 4 years. I've never lost a FO rod either. And I don't have any safe queens. This was my EDC gun for 2 of the past 4 years, And I run my guns and they're not babied. This is the first time I've ever heard of someone having repetitiveness issues with them.
10009368_1679952168929400_135688042_n.jpg

Wow, def a YMMV thing. I've had the same set on my 27 for 4 years now and I haven't had a single issue. I used front sight tool and borrowed a rear sight pusher and did it myself too. I put a small bit of loctite on the front sight, and I've never had to retighten or readjust in 4 years. I've never lost a FO rod either. And I don't have any safe queens. This was my EDC gun for 2 of the past 4 years, And I run my guns and they're not babied. This is the first time I've ever heard of someone having repetitiveness issues with them.
10009368_1679952168929400_135688042_n.jpg

I never had one come loose, just snap off.

As far as the vial falling out, I was far from the only person having that problem so maybe they addressed that issue (it would be easy enough to do at the factory). I just found due to the length of the front sight and the post being st the front it was a sideways "L" so you could really get the leverage and snap them off.

I never had one come loose, just snap off.

As far as the vial falling out, I was far from the only person having that problem so maybe they addressed that issue (it would be easy enough to do at the factory). I just found due to the length of the front sight and the post being st the front it was a sideways "L" so you could really get the leverage and snap them off.
???
I thought I was pretty hard on my guns, but what the hell are you doing where you're putting any kind of leverage on the front sight? What gun was this on?

???
I thought I was pretty hard on my guns, but what the hell are you doing where you're putting any kind of leverage on the front sight? What gun was this on?

Was on a sig 229 and a glock 19. I wasn't doing that much with them, practicing a lot and working on drawing a lot but nothing that serious.

Was on a sig 229 and a glock 19. I wasn't doing that much with them, practicing a lot and working on drawing a lot but nothing that serious.
I had em on my 23 and ran it thru a whole season of Steel Challenge without issues as well. The loctite probably goes a long way.

Were a DVOR purchase so unlikely.

Tempted to try those TruGlo TFS or whatever sights. They have a mix of tritium and fiber optics in the front and I think a mix in the back too.

TFX-PRO_Parent_l.jpg

I'll try using these Wilson's a bit more but seems weird how it doesn't have anything other than a plain black U notch for the back.
669b-001.jpg
If it's for a glock you can have my TFX Pros dude. They're just sitting in the safe and I'll never use them... They're the same sights in your post above I've quoted.

If it's for a glock you can have my TFX Pros dude. They're just sitting in the safe and I'll never use them... They're the same sights in your post above I've quoted.
I'd certainly be interested.

Just sentenced a 9mm P226 Extreme to 10 days in waiting period jail.

Sig 226 is a sweet pistol. The extremes are cool too. Nice choice.

Thanks, I got it brand new for $819. Somehow a gun store in Georgia ended up with a new in box CA model Extreme and they dropped the price to get rid of it.

It is basically a SIG with everything done to it that I would have done myself, so I couldn't pass it up for that price. It was either that or one of those Odinworks Grendel uppers that @RerouteToRemain posted in the deals thread.

I ordered some P224 controls and a solid steel guide rod for it, I'm going to get it as close to a Legion as possible without sending it to Grayguns.

Last edited:
Back