What's Your Next Purchase? V5

Cubo de Sangre

F65
@plutonium
Reaction score
I don't have a Sig handgun. I want one. The options are tremendous. I was thinking P226 in 9mm. Possibly something in .40. Any good advice on which pistols Sig does really well (now that supposedly their manufacturing in the US market isn't as good)?

Well I have experience with the P220(single stack 45), P226(9mm and 357 sig), own a P227(double stack 45) and have experience with a P229 in 9mm. Those are all fantastic. Stay far far far away from the p250.

You could get a P226 in 40 s&w and also get a 357 sig barrel. Swap is simple and you basically have 2 firearms. I would recommend a model with the SRT(short reset trigger). Isn't necessary as the regular trigger is not awful but the 60% shorter reset is nice.

The P226 Tacops is a loaded model. Other models I am a fan of are the Enhanced Elite and Scorpion.

Link Gun Broker

^ Tac ops comes with five 15 round mags, free sig range bag, free shipping and no cc fees. This also has a tritium fiber optic front sight. That differs from other models that just have sig lite night sights.

Link Gun Broker

^Enhanced Elite, comes with 3 12 round mags, free sig range bag, free shipping and no cc fees.

Sigs are sweet, I have a 229 in 9mm and it's a fine weapon for sure. I really love the 226 and 220 models, especially the combat models.

The Exeter (us) guns are good, just check it out before you get it, there's nothing wrong with them, they just aren't the same as the old German folded slide models. Pretty much just super sign snobs bust on the Exeter guns.

If I was getting my first sig I'd get a 226 or a 229 you can't go wrong. the 239 is good to but it's a bit heavy and low capacity for a gun that size.

The only issue I have with the current tac opsnisnthebcheckmate mags that ship with it are shit. The original tac ops was called the black water and it had mecgar mags. I'm also not a huge fan of the truglo tfo sights which the tac ops has as its front sight because I've broken a few.

If I were buying a sig today id get the 229 sas gen 2 in 357 sig. That thing is sexy as hell. Another one I wouldn't mind is a 220 carry sas gen 2.

Sigs are really great guns, just make sure to keep it greased, I use slide glide on mine.

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I'm looking for a reason to buy something other than the 226 in 9mm, and probably the tacops or I won't be satisfied. The short reset trigger sounds essential.

On the trigger note, I was check the resets of some pistols and thinking there was some difference and what not. Then I busted out a 1911 and the competition was quickly dispatched. As much shit as Beretta M9/92FS seem to get, the reset on that trigger is outstanding. It's right there with or better than the Sphinx.

I'm seriously considering a weatherby mk v ultra light or a vanguard back country and building up the ultimate precision lightweight hunting rifle.

I'd build it with top of the line rings, base and an awesome scope...

It would be my last gun for a long time as it would probably be like 3500 dollars but it would be awesome.

I bought an sks tonight as an impulse buy. It has an AK mag conversion and the receiver and barrel are actually in really good shape. It has a pretty terrible synthetic stock on it (so a new stock will be a pickup in the next couple weeks, any recommendations?). It also came with mounts, rings, a shell deflector, and a Red Star 4x scope (which seem to come on all of the cheap rifles I buy second hand, it is becoming kind of comical). I picked it up for $200.

I have a Weatherby Vanguard in Weatherby .300 Magnum. It sits in the gun room a lot because of the price and rarity of the ammo that it eats. What caliber are you thinking of and what mods?

I bought an sks tonight as an impulse buy. It has an AK mag conversion and the receiver and barrel are actually in really good shape. It has a pretty terrible synthetic stock on it (so a new stock will be a pickup in the next couple weeks, any recommendations?). It also came with mounts, rings, a shell deflector, and a Red Star 4x scope (which seem to come on all of the cheap rifles I buy second hand, it is becoming kind of comical). I picked it up for $200.

I have a Weatherby Vanguard in Weatherby .300 Magnum. It sits in the gun room a lot because of the price and rarity of the ammo that it eats. What caliber are you thinking of and what mods?

I actually have several weatherby rifles already in lots of different calibers but I'm looking at the mark v ultra lite in 30-06 as a rifle for hunting in the mountains/high country. Probably would do many mods, nice sling, good glass, maybe a zeiss or a Swarovski.

As far as weatherby Cali era go, I've got them all, 240, 300, 340, 378...I guess not all but a bunch.

I have a vanguard in 30-06 and it's great but really thinking about finally getting my "perfect" rifle, the ultralight has a fluted barrel, a nice stock, supposedly great trigger. In 30-06 it would cover pretty much everything int and if I was going for big bears I've got the 340 and the 378.

Right now my main 30-06 is a Winchester model 70 featherweight and while it's good, I just want something a bit more high end.

im sort of over the magnum calibers, I was chasing the rabbit for many seasons always trying to get bigger and bigger and in the end I sort of came back to 30-06 for its all around versatility and shoot ability.

2015_11_08_15_33_20_HDR2_zpst2urlm1v.jpg

The sks I bought. A couple of quirks, it wasn't converted to ak mags, but seems to have a 30 round "duckbill" mag permanently put in place (really doesn't bother me, just a little odd). The stock bothers me because it has a right handed cheek swell that is right in the heel of my palm (im left handed). The scope mount is also welded to the side of the receiver. So, its a little wonky, but all things I can fix or replace.

Sig just started making a 10mm model, if you're interested in that Cubo

That's been going on for a little while now. The 10mm 220 model I think there's 3-4 variations of it. I'll stick with my glock 20 and 29 for 10mm stuff.

2015_11_08_15_33_20_HDR2_zpst2urlm1v.jpg

The sks I bought. A couple of quirks, it wasn't converted to ak mags, but seems to have a 30 round "duckbill" mag permanently put in place (really doesn't bother me, just a little odd). The stock bothers me because it has a right handed cheek swell that is right in the heel of my palm (im left handed). The scope mount is also welded to the side of the receiver. So, its a little wonky, but all things I can fix or replace.

Hmmmm....why did you buy this?

Gun show at the end of this month.

I haven't been to one in literally 7 months. Been socking away cash knowing I am going to buy something completely stupid. The question is what that stupid will be.

Hmmmm....why did you buy this?

It was cheap. And I did not notice all of the weird stuff when I looked at it the other day. I didn't get to put my hands on it. (Got the mag release fixed, it took some serious prying.)

Gun show at the end of this month.

I haven't been to one in literally 7 months. Been socking away cash knowing I am going to buy something completely stupid. The question is what that stupid will be.

Keep us posted. What type of stupidity are you leaning towards.

I'm not sure I want to step into another caliber. Especially since I have a .50GI for going bigger than .45ACP. Good suggestion though.

Any recommendations for a new stock on a mosin?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back