What's your favorite REM song?

Really great band.

It's the End of the World as We Know it and Losing My Religion are my two favorites.

Also this, but the video with the titties showing....

Definitely 'Losing My Religion'. Still bump it to this day.

Imitation of Life or The Great Beyond

Losing My Religion and it's not particularly close for me.

Losing My Religion is by far their best for me and a true classic that will be timeless.

This thread is proof of just how great a band REM was. Their have so many brilliant songs ! My favorite is without a doubt;

"That's great it starts with an earthquake . . ."

closely followed by

"What's the frequency Kenneth . . ."

This thread is proof of just how great a band REM was. Their have so many brilliant songs ! My favorite is without a doubt;

This x1000

Nothing is as cruel as falling for a whore with a regular whores heart.

Maybe King of Comedy or Circus Envy from the same CD.

This x1000

Nothing is as cruel as falling for a whore with a regular whores heart.

oh, oh - you have fallen for the biggest mistake people make about this song. It's NOT a girl who he once loved. To the contrary, it's actually a very dark song about a man who's void of emotion (a sociopath) who lives his life viewing women as objects and a physical distraction;

This one goes out to the one I love
This one goes out to the one I've left behind
A simple prop to occupy my time

It's all in jest, the man is talking about how women are basically toy props he uses to 'occupy his time.'

The brilliance of this song is that it is so soothing and romantic sounding, people overlook the true meaning of it.

Unless you're contending the lyrics are spoken from the whore's point of view. That's interesting.

That's my favourite too.

I was also going to say that to me I can't really tell the difference between R.E.M. and the Tragically Hip. Almost the entirety of each groups' songs have a certain sound to them that if you told me came from either band I would be inclined to believe you.

That's my favourite too.

I was also going to say that to me I can't really tell the difference between R.E.M. and the Tragically Hip. Almost the entirety of each groups' songs have a certain sound to them that if you told me came from either band I would be inclined to believe you.

The one thing we can be sure of is that music is dead. It died somewhere in the early 2000s. I am so grateful I'm 38 and grew up in the late 80's and 90's !

oh, oh - you have fallen for the biggest mistake people make about this song. It's NOT a girl who he once loved. To the contrary, it's actually a very dark song about a man who's void of emotion (a sociopath) who lives his life viewing women as objects and a physical distraction;

This one goes out to the one I've left behind
A simple prop to occupy my time

It's all in jest, the man is talking about how women are basically toy props he uses to 'occupy his time.'

The brilliance of this song is that it is so soothing and romantic sounding, people overlook the true meaning of it.

Unless you're contending the lyrics are spoken from the whore's point of view. That's interesting.

That song is about hook up culture & how it’s devoid of emotional attachment but the people who are doing it are not. It’s an indictment of sport fucking.

That song is about hook up culture & how it’s devoid of emotional attachment but the people who are doing it are not. It’s an indictment of sport fucking.

In a Jan 1988 issue of Musician magazine, he said that the song was "incredibly violent" and added, "It's very clear that it's about using people over and over again".[4]

To be fair to you, this works with your assertion too. Either way, brilliant song.

Back