Objectively speaking, REM is one of the greatest bands of all time

Brah, again with this?

"Disco is party music" is an inclusive statement, it doesn't exclude anything else from the party music category.

Just as I didn't exclude people being able to dance to whatever they like when I mentioned dancing to Disco in my first reply to you.

You are the one excluding Disco by calling it crap, which it isn't.

You don't like Disco, I get it. But it is neither crap nor "wimping out."

Fact of the matter is, we wouldn't have house music, electronic dance/techno, maybe even new-wave and hip-hop without Disco.

It has left an incredible legacy.
People who know me here also know I'm not the kind of person who backs down from a good hearty debate on music.
Everything is relative and music is subjective; having stated this, I prefer 1000 000 times the modern techno, deep house, garage-trance sound of today than the late 70s "disco" songs.....and NO, the former did NOT stem from the latter , but from the hypnotic sounds of the past.

People who know me here also know I'm not the kind of person who backs down from a good hearty debate on music.
Everything is relative and music is subjective; having stated this, I prefer 1000 000 times the modern techno, deep house, garage-trance sound of today than the late 70s "disco" songs.....and NO, the former did NOT stem from the latter , but from the hypnotic sounds of the past.

Without a doubt, Disco was the progenitor of house, techno, trance, etc. It is widely accepted.

If there is a paramount American expression , it's gotta be "the masses are asses" - I prefer good solid musical individualism to widely accepting what the masses think.

I remember everyone was crazy about this song when it came out. I thought for sure it must have been a #1, but it only peaked at #4-- still their biggest hit of all time. In retrospect, this could be argued to be the defining American song of the second half of the 20th century:

I realize "religion" is invoked metaphorically in the song, but speak of the devil...

Religious 'Nones' are now the largest single group in the U.S.

When Americans are asked to check a box indicating their religious affiliation, 28% now check 'none.'

A new study from Pew Research finds that the religiously unaffiliated – a group comprised of atheists, agnostic and those who say their religion is "nothing in particular" – is now the largest cohort in the U.S. They're more prevalent among American adults than Catholics (23%) or evangelical Protestants (24%).

Back in 2007, Nones made up just 16% of Americans, but Pew's new survey of more than 3,300 U.S. adults shows that number has now risen dramatically.
Back in 1950, at the midway mark of the last century, that group probably made up 4% or less of Americans.

Great band. Bands like this don’t make it anymore and probably never will. I doubt they’d even make it big in todays music industry

Back