What if PRIME Shogun vs jon Jones???

lmao... Besides the multiple surgeries, Shogun was so much in his fookin 'prime' during his UFC run that he had to hire a nutritionist jus´b4 the Lidell fight...

Oh...what a shape...
I’m so sick of you Pride kids always trying to make it seem like a knee surgery is the definitive end to a career just so you could find an excuse for your favorite fighter

Many athletes have came back from knee surgeries and been successful

I’m so sick of you Pride kids always trying to make it seem like a knee surgery is the definitive end to a career just so you could find an excuse for your favorite fighter

Many athletes have came back from knee surgeries and been successful
Keep bein´sick, u clueless bum.

Are you mad that Jones is better than Shogun is literally every aspect of MMA? And yes, including submissions.
Poor clueless bum...

JBJ is still raw on the ground, because of all the time he lost outside the cage...

Show me a JBJ armbar or kneebar attempt... Are u sure he can do a legit one?

Your limited MMA knowledge failed u again. I suggest u go watch & acknowledge Shogun´s submission game...
Shogun had good leglocks for instance, his kneebar was pretty decent.

Poor clueless bum...

JBJ is still raw on the ground, because of all the time he lost outside the cage...

Show me a JBJ armbar or kneebar attempt... Are u sure he can do a legit one?

Your limited MMA knowledge failed u again. I suggest u go watch & acknowledge Shogun´s submission game...
Shogun had good leglocks for instance, his kneebar was pretty decent.
So Jones needs a decent knee bar to have a good submission game? Please. Watch his fights.

You Sherdog OG’s still serving up that “Fedor was a MW fighting at HW” bullshit lol

Btw, Anderson Silva went UP in his career. He’s fought at WW, MW, and LHW.
And that's why he's above Jones for sure. Fedor was no mw, but could have made 205 easily.

Chin - Jones
Cardio - Jones
Size - Jones
Striking - Jones
Grappling - Jones
Submissions - Jones

Please explain to me how
Look Bisping beat your boy and Shogun would, too. And in his prime before his 4 knee surgeries he would have beaten roid-free Jones.
And LMAO at listing chin; you're just delusional. Did you force yourself to feel every punch Anderson took from Bisping? You sound concussed.

Look Bisping beat your boy and Shogun would, too. And in his prime before his 4 knee surgeries he would have beaten roid-free Jones.
And LMAO at listing chin; you're just delusional. Did you force yourself to feel every punch Anderson took from Bisping? You sound concussed.
How many times has Shogun been TKO’d? How many times has Jones even been dropped?

Yes, Bisping beat a past prime Anderson and still got busted up in the process. By a fucking 40 year old man.

How many times has Shogun been TKO’d? How many times has Jones even been dropped?

Yes, Bisping beat a past prime Anderson and still got busted up in the process. By a fucking 40 year old man.
Take away Jones steroids and his left knee and lets see how well he does.

Are you saying that Shogun was as good as he was in Pride due to a certain... ingredient?
No. I'm saying Shogun suffered 4 knee injuries and that Jon Jones is a cheater who has been caught using PEDs.

I think that's just a bad matchup for him, just saying the idea a guy is in his prime if he's not on a losing streak is silly. So is the idea that the pride guys came over and were somehow embarrassed in the ufc. Nog, Shogun, Rampage, and Silva all held belts.

Most of the guys that came over were already weathered, but still did pretty well in the ufc.
There's also the fact that Shogun's "win streak" prior to fighting for the title in the UFC was against:

Coleman (45 years old, 3 year layoff)
mark-coleman-poses-for-a-portrait-on-november-1-2009-in-las-vegas-picture-id110212558

Liddell (40 years old, 1-3 in last 4, and was coming off the Evans knockout)
r4d4jblrhjyz.gif

There's also the fact that Shogun's "win streak" prior to fighting for the title in the UFC was against:

mark-coleman-poses-for-a-portrait-on-november-1-2009-in-las-vegas-picture-id110212558

r4d4jblrhjyz.gif
He looked like garbage in the Coleman fight too. Really slow and sluggish and gassed bad like he did against Griffin.

He looked like garbage in the Coleman fight too. Really slow and sluggish and gassed bad like he did against Griffin.
True, but he showcased some good ground game though... Leglocks, kneebar, even an omoplata...

True, but he showcased some good ground game though... Leglocks, kneebar, even an omoplata...
It's all relative though, as he "showcased" all of that against the aforementioned 45 year old Coleman, who was coming off a 3 year layoff.

Shogun is my absolute favorite of all time and I would sell my soul to gay Jesus just to see him win the belt again. That said, prime Jon Jones would beat any prime version of any LHW who has ever fought in MMA. Period.

r4d4jblrhjyz.gif

Yikes. Never noticed just how hard Chuck's face/head bounced off the mat.

Back