What if PRIME Shogun vs jon Jones???

He actually had several injuries and surgeries including broken arm and Torn ACL. He still came back and won the UFC title and also avenged his loss to Forrest.
Dancing around the "surgery" argument won't change the fact that "prime" shogun(according to brain dead pride casual like you) lost to Forrest fucking griffin back in 2007. Current jon jones is way better than the young-green jon jones that dominated shogun

Prime Shogun ruins Cheater Jones in either org.

He might get finished even earlier since the younger Rua was even more active and offensive. It would have made it even easier for Jones to take him down and make it rain with hellbows.

Any version of Shogun beats non-cheating Jones.

Especially a non-tested Pride Shogun :rolleyes:

People forget Pride had no drug testing, I'll assume Shogun (and everyone else) was on something during his 2005 run.

Then again it wouldn't have mattered if Prime Shogun and Prime Jones were both on every PED imaginable or both clean as a whistle. Jones is just on a different level.

You mean that fraud pro wrestling PED org? Jones would have kneed Rua's head into the matt while having top control, you'd want Rua to die or what.

Jon Jones with no drug testing and knees on the ground. Great fantasy match haters!
<DCWhoa>

Jones would have kneed and stomped Shogun's head through the mat. Jones beats ANY version of Shogun.

With Pride rules?

Jones stomps any version of Shogun into oblivion

Welp, looks like my work here has been covered on page one.

PRIDE dudes juiced, period. Juice a GOAT does not make. Jones is the most skilled, intelligent and gifted fighter, clean or dirty, to ever compete. Shogun is a fine former champion and Grand Prix winner but he's not at any time been Jones' match. As far as we can tell, no one is. The closest anyone's come is DC and the last time they fought a damn champ champ that flattened a HW champion in three minutes got stopped.

Shogun is one of the shorter LHWs. I don't think those short guys will make a return unless they have a very solid wrestling background. The new generation of LHWs are all huge guys who mainly strike. He is wide as shit though and he moves rather well. I did a seminar with him maybe 14 years ago and he is very explosive yet very light footed for a wide guy.
I don't think even at his prime, he matches well with Jon Jones. Jones can wrestle and strike unlike most of the division. Jones doesn't have any delusions that he is some iron chinned warrior. He will literally turn and run to avoid a fire fight in order to reset/continue to implement his game. I don't even think ruleset makes a difference. Jones doesn't need to rely on doubles or singles to take Rua down. I don't think he will end up on his back in any situation. "Prime" Shogun was very sloppy and he thrives off chaotic exchanges.

Dancing around the "surgery" argument won't change the fact that "prime" shogun(according to brain dead pride casual like you) lost to Forrest fucking griffin back in 2007. Current jon jones is way better than the young-green jon jones that dominated shogun
He broke his arm and tore his ACL right before he lost to Forrest. He obviously came back too fast and his conditioning was obviously not there yet. The Coleman rematch was another tough fight. He looked a lot better versus Chuck and Machida 2x but then blew his knee out again in the Machida rematch

Jones off of steroids drops every big fight he's in

<LikeReally5>

IMG_1702.jpg

Guys did you hear??? Shogun is the only professional fighter who suffered injuries!!!

465B2EF4-C501-430C-BB9A-C4E7BEC0883A.gif

Back