What if PRIME Shogun vs jon Jones???

Jones loses more than 15 lbs to weigh in. He's huge for a lhw. Look at him vs gus... Who is tall and lanky. Bo es could easily fight at Hw. He's like 6 inches taller than shogun and juiced to the max.

Actually he doesn't. He is usually anywhere between 215-225LBs on fight night. And fuck off with that 6 inches taller shit. Like i said, its called WEIGHT classes, not height classes.

Open your eyes and watch him fight, rather than just looking at his results. Fighters can get great wins outside their prime.

29 year old shogun looks like he's moving waist deep in water compared to 23 year old shogun...knee injuries will do that to you.

You can define "prime" however you want, but "PEAK" Shogun ended with the first Coleman fight in 2006 where he broke his arm. In his comeback fights he didn't look the same.

The Shogun that beat Machida was the best Shogun by far. SHogun's physical prime was 2005ish, but as a fighter he was at his prime right before he fought Jones. Of course Shogun had another surgery before Jones though

The Shogun that beat Machida was the best Shogun by far. SHogun's physical prime was 2005ish, but as a fighter he was at his prime right before he fought Jones. Of course Shogun had another surgery before Jones though
Read the thread.

Jones's limp ass dick can't win a single fight off steroids until proven otherwise. Even Colby punishes his ass. Same guy who couldn't win a wrestling tournament won by Matt Riddle. This man aint talented. He was on steroids.

Shogun , always had issue with muay thai fighter . Ever the Snake Diabate gave him some trouble. Look at his fight with Vera .. Prime or not, he will always struggle with fighter that have huge reach advantage. I still Seen Jones by Stoppage.

Bisping beating an over the hill Anderson isn’t that crazy. Shogun besting Jones is bay shit crazy.
Jones beat a Shogun with at least 3 knee surgeries.
One of the best LHW of all time beating a cheater isn't a stretch at all.

I think still Jones, but much much closer

Best Shogun wrecks Gus though

The best version of Shogun according to his fanboys was the one from 2005. He had fights between February and August in 2005.

So basically “PRIME Shogun” was a ‘thing’ for 7 months. That’s gotta be the worlds shortest PRIME run for any athlete. But then again only Shogun fanboys would label a 7 month stretch ‘PRIME’ for Shogun cause he had a few nice wins.

Let’s give one of the most well rounded, but boundary pushing and, dare i say, dirtiest fighters in this modern era the ability to fight even dirtier...
Shogun might die

Jones beats Shogun anytime imo. Difficult to tell how much the juice has affected Jones but he is still freakishly long and unorthodox everywhere. I don't think any UFC LHW ever would beat jones over 3 fights. Damn shame that hes a fckin cheat

Prime Shogun couldn't get Jones to the mat so stomps and soccer kicks are irrelevant. Jones still smashes him in similar fashion. Maybe a bit more ground and pound.

Jones beat a Shogun with at least 3 knee surgeries.
One of the best LHW of all time beating a cheater isn't a stretch at all.
Shogun could have indestructible knees at 100% and he’d still lose to Jones

Literally no way he beats him

The best version of Shogun according to his fanboys was the one from 2005. He had fights between February and August in 2005.

So basically “PRIME Shogun” was a ‘thing’ for 7 months. That’s gotta be the worlds shortest PRIME run for any athlete. But then again only Shogun fanboys would label a 7 month stretch ‘PRIME’ for Shogun cause he had a few nice wins.
And he beat 4 elite fighters in that time to win a huge stacked tournament

[sigh]

I think it was give and take personally, Shogun became slicker standing in the UFC but Pride Shogun was arguably a much more dangerous grappler beating elite sub guys like Rogerio and Arona on the ground.

Against Jones I think you not only saw the start of rapid decline in Shogun physically you also saw someone coming back too early from a long injury layoff ala Coleman in far from his potential level even at that stage. I mean look at what actually happens in the fight, Jones takedown Shogun down and controls him for a few mins without really landing that much punishment and when he stands back up Rua is badly gassed after 4 mins. Jones then takes almost about 10 mins to put him away, people talk that up as a godlike performance but the reality is Shogun just wasn't very good on the night and Jones played with his food.

Last edited:
Back