What if PRIME Shogun vs jon Jones???

Prime Shogun still gets fucking destroyed by Jones

No version Shogun has anything for Jones.

Cant u read and understand that what he´s debating is not the match-up, but the idea that Shogun was in his prime?

[sigh]

Any version of shogun gets squashed by jones. Even prime steroid chute boxe pride shogun

What don’t u understand

Jones runs right through any version of Shogun.

29 year old LHW Champ Shogun who Knocked out Machida, after getting screwed by decision the first time is not in his prime? Good god some of you Pride fanboys live in an alternate universe..
Open your eyes and watch him fight, rather than just looking at his results. Fighters can get great wins outside their prime.

29 year old shogun looks like he's moving waist deep in water compared to 23 year old shogun...knee injuries will do that to you.

You can define "prime" however you want, but "PEAK" Shogun ended with the first Coleman fight in 2006 where he broke his arm. In his comeback fights he didn't look the same.

Sorry to break it to all of you, but there isn’t a version of Shogun Jones wouldn’t destroy.

PRIME Shogun = Pre Knee surgery + PRIDE rules (Soccer kicks, stomps.. etc)

tumblr_ngs7672EmW1u2ragso1_500.gif

Problem is the size of the top competitors in each division have changed a lot, except maybe for HW.

Shogun is a MW. I know he talks about being 230 but with his frame he should have gone to MW after losing to Jones.

Jones vs. Shogun was one of the more "holy shit," eye-opening fights I can recall from the last decade. I mean, we all knew Jones was insanely good because of what he was doing to quality but not elite fighters like Vlady, Vera, Bonnar, etc. and particularly what he had done to very good Bader. But to see Shogun get completely dominated like that was just something else.

I think Jones is just an poor matchup for Shogun. Shogun's always been susceptible to takedowns it was just he was very comfortable sweeping or fighting back to his feet, but Jones exploits that weakness and just brutalizes him on the ground and uses his reach to good effect standing.

Shogun is a legend, but we saw that Jones is just the superior fighter. We can speculate about PEDs for sure, but we just gotta go with what we know for sure and we saw that Jones is bad news for Rua in that particular matchup.

shogun is in his best when he fought jones. Just because of knee surgery doesn’t Mean he’s not in his prime. In fact jones that beat machida is better than the 2005 version.

No. He wasn't. You dont have three knee surgeries in 4 years and suddenly get better. You ever blown an ACL?

well Jon Jones is the GOAT, so......there's my answer.

What about Prime Jones? He hadn’t even entered his prime yet when he beat Shogun.

shogun almost lost to lil nog in the GP

jones would beat him

Slightly-past-his-prime Shogun lost to still-green-not-yet-in-his-prime Jones. Prime Shogun might do a little better against that Jones, but Prime Jones destroys all versions of Shogun in all realities.

Jarl

Jones is a cheater in every aspect of the word, eye-pokes specialty, roids expertise from his brother and extreme reach combined with dirty fighting! The only fighters that can beat him are Gus in a rematch and Rumble and if he goes to HW, his first loss will be to Travise and then the top 5 will put him in the hospital!

Jones DESTROYS ANY version of Shogun.

Shogun was in the prime of his career life and suffered the most uncompromising beat down we've ever witnessed.

it wasn't even a fight. man vs child.

Delusional people forget Shogun begged the referee to save him from Jones ruthless assault. shit was just scary

24aziq1.gif

Some people thought Jones title shot was “too soon”. I knew Jones would win but I didn’t think he’d take Shogun to the back of the woodshed like he did. I don’t remember Shogun landing a single significant strike but the stats say he landed 9. Jones landed 75. Shogun KO’ed a prime Machida who was the fucking man at the time. 16-0 and legit Champ that hadn’t been figured out how to beat. The MMA world was right at the pinnacle of the “Machida Era”. Shogun ended that shit but somehow he wasn’t in his ‘prime’?

Shogun fanboys are some of the worst.

" knew Jones would win but I didn’t think he’d take Shogun to the back of the woodshed like he did. "

lmao!!!

he beat him like a misbehaving child

Back