What I think UFC is doing with the Conor/Tony/Khabib belt-gate ...

Yeah this seems about right. So he basically has until weigh ins to sign a contract or he gets stripped. That makes sense. Solid guess.

You are missing one thing, I agree with you on UFCs gonna strip Conor if Tony vs Khabib happens...

But don’t forget the option of Conor fighting too! I think UFC is using this situation to pressure Conor to fight, so don’t be surprised if Conor decides to fight (most likely Diaz 3) and they don’t strip him

That's something I thought myself. Which would be hilarious, cause it would devalue the interim belt even more - like it's the excuse from an excuse.

I think you are right Frankie because I believe the UFC wants Woodley vs. McGregor. Conor doesn't see a challenge in Fergie or Khabib. Conor has been bulking up and Woodley doesn't have a clear challenger at the moment.

You heard it here first.

Conor doesn’t see a challenge in Fergie or Khabib? Gtfo here. If they weren’t a challenge why not get an easy win, finally claim a title defense and get paid? Both Ferguson and Khabib are major threats to him and he knows.

Also

Tyrun is NOT an easy fight for Conor and he knows this as well. Woodley would smash the fuck out of Conor and it would look easy. If Tyrun wasn’t the Champ.... Mcgregor would have already jumped at a shot for the 170 belt if it were RDA or Lawler for example.

Do the math... Woodley doesn’t have a clear challenger at the moment like you said. Yet he holds the 170 belt which Conor would love to get his hands on. If Mcgregor really wanted to fight Woodley and challenge for the WW belt he already would have or the fight would already be signed at least. Even if Woodley did have a clear cut challenger which IMO he does (RDA) ... It’s not like Conor wouldn’t have skipped him or anyone else to the front of the line.

If RDA manages to beat Tyrun and if he does... just watch. He’ll call RDA out and force his way into another undeserved title shot faster than he got the Alvarez fight.

He’s sitting around and waiting for the most opportune fight/scenario to unfold where there’s little risk and high reward. In other words NO Tony, NO Khabib and NO WOODLEY.

I am thinking that UFC will wait 100% to make sure the Tony/Khabib fight is on (all make weight & no injury) & then strip Conor with an announcement at weigh-in.

If they strip him now & the fight doesn't happen, they piss off Conor & don't actually get the fight anyway

That is the only thing I can think of by his weird reaction.

He basically said that Conor is not stripped but Tony & Khabib will fight for the real title. Only thing that fits both
And if its a draw?

I think Conor wants to be stripped. It paints an "eternal underdog" picture that his Irish and plastic paddy fans will lap up.

I think he will be stripped if the fight goes ahead, but will get the option of an instant title shot if he wants to fight again.
This, obviously. Doesn't matter if hes stripped now or later. He can bring up how he never lost it, and we know he gets any fight he wants.

And if its a draw?
It has already been covered in another thread, for reference below

During Tony vs Khabib the ref makes many questionable calls, repeatedly standing up the fighters for inactivity while Khabib is raining down fight-endindg ground and pound, or pausing the action whenever Tony locks a tight submission only to call the doctor to check on inconsequential cuts. The bout ultimately ends in a draw, but not before all kind of confusion ensues after Bruce Buffer has to be called back while he's already initiated his announcement. He can be seen visibly protesting at the commission and eventually returning his original verdict card to them and being provided with a new one.

Dana steps in and announces that, as a consequence of this result, Ferg has failed to retain his title and Khabib hasn't won it either. Then, in tears and in a state of ecstasy, Dana hands Tony's belt over to Conor who's sitting by cage-side, declaring that Conor has achieved his first successful title defense.

In a plot twist, Helwani - who meanwhile had been banned from attending UFC events following the 25th anniversary press conference fiasco, but who was able to sneak past the gate surveillance by posing as an Afghan woman in full burqa - abandons his low-profile disguise and in a full eruption of indignation vehemently asks Dana how it is even possible that Conor defended the belt without fighting.

Unfazed, Dana White stares down Ariel with contempt and with a steady tone replies: "next question."

I think Conor wants to be stripped. It paints an "eternal underdog" picture that his Irish and plastic paddy fans will lap up.
Also by not "defending", he can pick whatever fight at whatever weight, rather then the next logical contender.

Can't see Dana ever stripping him, he's Conors bitch unfortunately. UFC is becoming more of a joke everyday, just waiting for Jones to be let off next

he will be stripped, so he will act offended in dramatic style and walk away from a figh with a fake champion and pursue another circus fight instead
hes never fighting any of those two guys

Tyron walks into the cage at around 190 (according to himself). Khabib is in the low-mid 170s in the cage (according to his nutritionist). Tyron is much bigger than anyone at LW by a wide margin.

Thats Khabib at LW, I don’t have picture of them side by side but walk around Khabib should be bigger than Tyron, what I mean is if Khabib fights at WW, he will be bigger than Tyron

That's something I thought myself. Which would be hilarious, cause it would devalue the interim belt even more - like it's the excuse from an excuse.

Not the first time UFC has done it though... check the previous biggest cash cow Brock

Solid conclusion, a good chance you're right.

My first thought was them making another belt for Conor, abandoning Interim for LW for the time being, but that's way more far-fetched.

Thats Khabib at LW, I don’t have picture of them side by side but walk around Khabib should be bigger than Tyron, what I mean is if Khabib fights at WW, he will be bigger than Tyron

Not the first time UFC has done it though... check the previous biggest cash cow Brock
Khabib out of shape according to him, his camp, and GSP is high 180s to 190. Heaviest he has been before camp is 192 according to his team.

Tyron in shape is 205. So khabib out of shape is still over 10 lbs lighter than Tyron. In shape khabib is in high 170s (177ish). Even before getting his new nutritionist he was low 180s max.

You are absolutely insane to think Khabib could possibly be heavier than Tyron. At WW Khabib would be around Masvidal's size.

Last edited:
Could be Conor needs belt for ppv reasons. Or the UFC is saying Conor has his belt, now Tony and Khabib are fighting for theirs and the lw division now has 2 belts. I prefer that over interim.

No, the belt is just being used as leverage in Conor's contract negotiations.

Khabib out of shape according to him, his camp, and GSP is high 180s to 190. Heaviest he has been before camp is 192 according to his team.

Tyron in shape is 205. So khabib out of shape is still over 10 lbs lighter than Tyron. In shape khabib is in high 170s (177ish). Even before getting his new nutritionist he was low 180s max.

You are absolutely insane to think Khabib could possibly be heavier than Tyron. At WW Khabib would be around Masvidal's size.
Lol@Tyron in shape is 205, ur crazy to think Tyron cuts 35 pounds...
out of shape fat ass Tyron might be 205, but who knows, Tyron has tendency to talk big about himself

If they do ever step side by side Khabib will look much bigger than Tyron

Conor's got the entire game wrapped around his little finger.

@ICEibuPROfen got banned?

giphy.gif

Back