What I think UFC is doing with the Conor/Tony/Khabib belt-gate ...

I guess @ICEibuPROfen was banned for spamming the same sentence over & over?

Well let me be the first to say hi to him when he comes back under his next name

This is a good theory but its not like theyre fighting for a vacant title. Even if khabib pulled out the title should still be tonys since conor refused to fight him in the first place

Conor wants that money belt fight vs GSP.

Not at all. Most casuals would not care & the ones that do would be excited to see him get the belt he never lost back.
Nobody cared at 145.

When he was stripped at 145 there was no clamor or appetite for him to go back and re-win a belt he'd never lost; a belt that was taken with the arbitrary stroke of a pen. It would be the same at 155.

That's why I maintain that Conor wouldn't take that fight. Why fight Tony/Khabib in disgrace when he can just laugh the whole thing off (as he did for 145) and fight Nate for the same/more money while still parading around with two belts?

You may be right that the UFC are going to strip Conor, we'll see. I just think they're more likely to let Khabib/Tony play out and then announce the reunification at the event - perhaps in the cage. It would be YUGE!

Conor wants to be intentionally stripped.
It's better for Dana to take it away from him than for him to willingly give it up.
But I get the impression he's going for the WW belt when he comes back to MMA.

I am thinking that UFC will wait 100% to make sure the Tony/Khabib fight is on (all make weight & no injury) & then strip Conor with an announcement at weigh-in.

If they strip him now & the fight doesn't happen, they piss off Conor & don't actually get the fight anyway

That is the only thing I can think of by his weird reaction.

He basically said that Conor is not stripped but Tony & Khabib will fight for the real title. Only thing that fits both
You are missing one thing, I agree with you on UFCs gonna strip Conor if Tony vs Khabib happens...

But don’t forget the option of Conor fighting too! I think UFC is using this situation to pressure Conor to fight, so don’t be surprised if Conor decides to fight (most likely Diaz 3) and they don’t strip him

Nah they are buying Connie time. Winner will be interim still. But if Connie doest fight that winner in September he will be stripped and winner awarded undisputed

I was disappointed that the UFC didn't strip him but I think its better to strip him right before the event. Will make the fight much bigger and will give them a lot of headlines.
Yep shoulda stripped him when he went running from Khabib. Khabib who was stepped over, by Eddie, then stepped over by Conor who lost to nate fuckin diaz. Khabib was due the fight moreso after Connie stepped over him for TS for promotional purposes. Connie had a duty to prove he belonged but he went running with a baby excuse no less. Then Tony became #1 after Khabib flaked and Tony did one more fight and Connie been running since. Connie is a joke.

Yeah, pretty much. Did you see how Ariel was trying to get Dana to show his hand at the presser? Helwani is such a scumbag, he knows what this is

I think you are right Frankie because I believe the UFC wants Woodley vs. McGregor. Conor doesn't see a challenge in Fergie or Khabib. Conor has been bulking up and Woodley doesn't have a clear challenger at the moment.

You heard it here first.

Remember this?

“You know what Conor told me? He said, ‘I want Khabib in Russia,'” White told MMAjunkie on Wednesday at UFC headquarters. “Isn’t he (expletive) awesome? He’s like, ‘I want Khabib, in Russia.’ He’s awesome. Conor McGregor is a (expletive) unicorn. There’s nothing like him. He’s working on boxing Floyd Mayweather and then he’s talking about fighting Khabib in Russia right after.”

The UFC has reserved the Olympiyskiy Stadium in Moscow for September. Floyd then Khabib was Conor's plan all along. The only thing standing in the way is Tony Ferguson and the interim belt.

I don't think so. I don't think Conor would even take that fight if they strip him. I think he'd just fight Nate for an obscene amount of money and stroll off into the sunset with [arguably] the lineal FW and LW belts.

I think that would suit him just fine.
He wouldn't be the first LW to get stripped, you casual. Some other guy is the "lineal" champion

Conor wants the fight in Russia and the only way to get it is to be stripped and let Khabib win it then on to Russia, he would have to fight Tony who is not a draw at all because he is interim champ.
Both guys are going to whoop his ass at some point but it looks like the Russian ass whoopin will pay more because of the whole UFC/ Russian thing.

I think you are right Frankie because I believe the UFC wants Woodley vs. McGregor. Conor doesn't see a challenge in Fergie or Khabib. Conor has been bulking up and Woodley doesn't have a clear challenger at the moment.

You heard it here first.
I’ve said it many times before, Tyron is the easiest fight out there for Conor, Tyron’s probably smaller than Khabib and don’t have the skills of Tony and Khabib, if I’m Conor I’ll fight Tyron first

Apologies if this has been posted, but....

If they announce it now then they have to make Tony the champ. If they hold on until near the event then Tony can still go into the fight as interim champion. If he went in as the real champion they'd have to give him PPV points.

DC said that's why he's happy to be going into this fight as champ rather than the belt being up for grabs like the first rumble fight. They have to give him part of the PPV.

That's my theory anyway.

Apologies if this has been posted, but....

If they announce it now then they have to make Tony the champ. If they hold on until near the event then Tony can still go into the fight as interim champion. If he went in as the real champion they'd have to give him PPV points.

DC said that's why he's happy to be going into this fight as champ rather than the belt being up for grabs like the first rumble fight. They have to give him part of the PPV.

That's my theory anyway.
No.... if u r the main event u get ppv cuts whether ur champ or interim

I’ve said it many times before, Tyron is the easiest fight out there for Conor, Tyron’s probably smaller than Khabib and don’t have the skills of Tony and Khabib, if I’m Conor I’ll fight Tyron first
Tyron walks into the cage at around 190 (according to himself). Khabib is in the low-mid 170s in the cage (according to his nutritionist). Tyron is much bigger than anyone at LW by a wide margin.

Back