International West Europe is in a World of troubles (debt; graph included)

I can come to help if you take me. ))

Hah where do you come from bro, south eastern Europe? I'd take you, and I'm generally in favor of upskilled immigration wherever we can get it, as long as they don't have flat feet or want to kill LGBT people. The US is reindustrializing too fast and many of my fellow millenials have no interest in awesome high technology industries that underpin America's global dominance such as advanced materials, aerospace and semiconductors.

Fig1.png

Fig2.png

My state in particular has worked hard to cultivate itself as an advanced manufacturing capital.

AzAMI.png

Last edited:
The "welfare state" model is pretty burdensome (especially when unnecessarily burdened) and, alongside the EU's restrictive, bureaucracy-ridden market, stifles the economy.

Some of the ex-USSR states actually have a stronger foothold in the sense that they're not burdened by debt or gained privileges.

It's a snowball's chance in hell in any European country to change the system. Even the politicians acknowledge that they just have to deal with it, even if the capacity to sustain welfare without amassing massive debt, is no longer there, and hasn't been for decades. Growth is pretty minimal and usually followed by a long slump.

Mixing nationalist sentiment alongside economic austerity, is one of the better alternatives, as far as I'm concerned. If the people come to understand that a more rigid economic policy, in place of excess spending, is actually in their own good, then there's atleast a chance that these sort of changes can be accomplished. Because they will have to be accomplished, eventually, for Europe's nations to survive as sovereign and independent entities.

Such a world does not exist, where you can be fed by another, and still retain your sovereignty. Either we acknowledge that we can no longer handle our own affairs, or make the changes that are necessary to retain independent control. This whole phase of drifting between the two alternatives, acting as if dependence and independence can co-exist, will not last forever.

The welfare system isn't the problem. For example, Sweden allocates a lot of money into such systems, and has also taken in a large amount of immigrants during the crisis, yet the national debt shrinks every year. It's even risking becoming too low in some regards.

West Europe is in a World of troubles because of its debt. USA owns most of its debt. That's not the case for the West European countries which are heading to a disaster with its idiotic policy (of feeding foreign citizens with its money). It's a big burden that's already on the back of the so-called "developed countries".

x1AEJlo
x1AEJlo

The UK (one of the worst debt to GDP ratios on that list) just gave aid to India (the best debt to GDP ratio on that list)

Hah where do you come from bro, south eastern Europe? I'd take you, and I'm generally in favor of upskilled immigration wherever we can get it, as long as they don't have flat feet or want to kill LGBT people.

My feet are not flat but it looks like it will happen eventually.

The UK (one of the worst debt to GDP ratios on that list) just gave aid to India (the best debt to GDP ratio on that list)

UK is a complete shithole.
I'm not sure if it will continue to exist like an independent (non leftist-ISIS) country.
Last time I was there (at the airport) I saw heavily armed police to take out a small young (european) woman like a sheep (for GOD knows what). The situation there is everything but normal.

Last edited:
My feet are not flat but it looks like it will happen eventually.

index.php

You gotta take the (wet) test.

WetTest.jpg

I'm being facetious but I do find them interesting, kinda like eyes. Leonardo Da Vinci once remarked that "the human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art". Flat feet are a legit deformity and stuff like this is disconcerting. Fatties.

Is the flat foot a scar of the human evolutionary process, or have we misunderstood our foot’s natural design and brought about the aches and pains we feel today with poor lifestyle choices? This is a hotly debated topic in the physical therapy and orthopedic fields. Today, approximately 25% of Americans have flat feet (about 60 million people).3

The welfare system isn't the problem. For example, Sweden allocates a lot of money into such systems, and has also taken in a large amount of immigrants during the crisis, yet the national debt shrinks every year. It's even risking becoming too low in some regards.

Yet our healthcare and our social insurance agency are crumbling and overburdened, hitting the sick and the elderly the hardest. So many elderly who can't live on their pensions, despite working all their lives, now forced into collecting cans and living in semi-poverty. Unless you close your eyes to what's happening around you, you see that it's the margins of society that are becoming increasingly vurnerable, and yes this includes the immigrant community too, despite the national debt supposedly shrinking, because fewer and fewer is benefiting from the booming economy now that Sweden is moving into the neoliberal model of privatization and deregulation.

so you don't support free trade capitalism anymore?
<Oku02>

Ensuring a communist takeover/future cannot be the end result of "free market capitalism." As soon as FMC decided to go to bed with a giant communist government, because of their wilingness to repress workers and pollute, the system was corrupted, and wasn't true capitalism anymore.

index.php

You gotta take the (wet) test.

WetTest.jpg

I'm being facetious but I do find them interesting, kinda like eyes. Leonardo Da Vinci once remarked that "the human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art". Flat feet are a legit deformity and stuff like this is disconcerting. Fatties.

Is the flat foot a scar of the human evolutionary process, or have we misunderstood our foot’s natural design and brought about the aches and pains we feel today with poor lifestyle choices? This is a hotly debated topic in the physical therapy and orthopedic fields. Today, approximately 25% of Americans have flat feet (about 60 million people).3

Feet deteriorate with time.
I guess I had wonderful feet when I was a kid.

But hard work + training bare feet over hard surface does this to you.
Also working in fookin warehouses.
So it gets flatter as you age. (if you don't do some light work, which in EU seems like a miracle anyways)

I'm not fat.

The dollar has been killing Gold. Fuck gold.

--‘Billions’ gets in a dig at goldbugs who want to tie the U.S. dollar back to gold: “No Pete, the gold standard is never coming back, and if it did, this world would be so f--ked I’d buy space travel and not gold.”

Paper is but temporary, gold is until the end of time.

West Europe is in a World of troubles because of its debt. USA owns most of its debt. That's not the case for the West European countries which are heading to a disaster with its idiotic policy (of feeding foreign citizens with its money). It's a big burden that's already on the back of the so-called "developed countries".

x1AEJlo
x1AEJlo

Link where you got these stats please.

These numbers do not look correct at first glance...

Yet our healthcare and our social insurance agency are crumbling and overburdened, hitting the sick and the elderly the hardest. So many elderly who can't live on their pensions, despite working all their lives, now forced into collecting cans and living in semi-poverty. Unless you close your eyes to what's happening around you, you see that it's the margins of society that are becoming increasingly vurnerable, and yes this includes the immigrant community too, despite the national debt supposedly shrinking, because fewer and fewer is benefiting from the booming economy now that Sweden is moving into the neoliberal model of privatization and deregulation.

You're talking about a separate issue than the one I talked about. The issues with healthcare and social insurance aren't linked to too little money going into it, hence it's not relevant to me arguing against the point that it supposedly is the cost of welfare that prevents countries from keeping their national debt in check.

I have plenty to say on what the reasons for the significant issues in those fields are, but also how people tend to view those issues as larger than they are because they misunderstand terms and figures, however I think that would lead into a tangent that's off topic.

You're talking about a separate issue than the one I talked about. The issues with healthcare and social insurance aren't linked to too little money going into it, hence it's not relevant to me arguing against the point that it supposedly is the cost of welfare that prevents countries from keeping their national debt in check.

I have plenty to say on what the reasons for the significant issues in those fields are, but also how people tend to view those issues as larger than they are because they misunderstand terms and figures, however I think that would lead into a tangent that's off topic.

Yet many municipalities are running massive deficits, and the number of them that do is continually rising. Yes, of course there are other factors, like the cost of, especially healthcare, rising in general. But the fact is that we are not able to keep up with with the demand of the population, our public sector, and the effect is becoming tangible. I'd be interested to hear your take on it, this thread be damned because it's obvious that the "super-economy" that we are supposedly in is not paying off for the general population, especially the ones on the margin.

Link where you got these stats please.

These numbers do not look correct at first glance...

World Debt clocks.
Check google.
It was all in real time. (the digits were moving)
Seems absolutely legit.

Yet many municipalities are running massive deficits, and the number of them that do is continually rising. Yes, of course there are other factors, like the cost of, especially healthcare, rising in general. But the fact is that we are not able to keep up with with the demand of the population, our public sector, and the effect is becoming tangible. I'd be interested to hear your take on it, this thread be damned because it's obvious that the "super-economy" that we are supposedly in is not paying off for the general population, especially the ones on the margin.

Gotta bring Son of Jamin into the fold. Swedish politics - among Swedish posters - is one of the best subtopics and most underrated aspects of the WR. I started an entire thread on the Riksdag election this year in part to glean more information.

Back