Social Why is immigration to the West promoted so heavily in 3rd world countries?

Why would 9/11 be the date you use?

Because after 9/11 we lost so much. We lost our freedom, our sense of security, we became more polarized. It was a massive negative event for the west and we have never really recovered from it

Because after 9/11 we lost so much. We lost our freedom, our sense of security, we became more polarized. It was a massive negative event for the west and we have never really recovered from it

I feel that but is that the fault of immigration?

The 90s were a better time for the west. It's just a fact. We were safer, more free, the average family had a great home, less homeless people... it was just better.

Crime rate was literally higher in the 90s... "more free" wtf does that even mean? Just some vague nonsense statement. The homeless statement is also not based on any facts, just feelings:

In 1996, the Urban Institute used data collected by the Census Bureau to estimate there were between 640,000 and 840,000 homeless
https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna17372939

Which is actually higher than the current estimates

we have the illusion of financial opportunity. the wages might be 10x higher here but the cost of living is also 20x higher so they choose to sleep in a bed of roaches. for a lot of third world countries, that’s the norm so they don’t mind. they’d rather make $5 an hour and pay $300 a month for rent than make $0.50 an hour and pay $50 a month for rent. financially it makes sense, but you’re still living in squalor.
iu

If you're sending money back to your poorer home country, you're sending back like $800 working here instead of making $100 there.

iu

If you're sending money back to your poorer home country, you're sending back like $800 working here instead of making $100 there.
The few folks that I know work 70 hours minimum across multiple low end jobs. I know four guys from India who live in a fairly nice house they rent, $500 a month each I believe. They easily take care of that and then have a decent surplus to do with as they please for the rest of the month, including sending money back home because it is worth so fuckin much more to their family.

I ain't gonna hate on that because they're doing all the jobs that the white people here think are beneath them. They'd rather be crackheads or be on coke living from pay cheque to pay cheque, and then complain that these fuckers are stealing our land and jobs.

Crime rate was literally higher in the 90s... "more free" wtf does that even mean? Just some vague nonsense statement. The homeless statement is also not based on any facts, just feelings:

More free = we were allowed to chant ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:" (something that rhymes with maggot) at wrestling events

I don't have the answer .. someone said to weaken it ..that's plausible .. my question is what country allows the crap that goes on at our southern border .. no control over your borders .. just take everyone in .. the U.S. is like a whore for anyone who wishes to come here illegally .. also U.S. immigration is a joke and a contradiction .. they make people, who apply for entry, jump through hoops to come live here .. sometimes takes years .. but you can just walk through the southern border and be allowed in and accepted ..

there was an australian baseball player with an american wife and a child who was separated from his family for over a year(last I heard) because he was having issues with U.S. immigration .. even though the guy had been a mlb player so he had already lived here .. the immigration laws here are dumb and inconsistent

Last edited:

With a lower overall population. More free is crazy. In the '90s, gay people couldn't even serve openly in the military or get married.

No it didnt. Life in the west is peak right now. Despite what those incel facebook memes tell you, life quality and expectancy in the west has been on a steady upswing with every decade.

Hasn't life expectancy been dropping in the US in recent years? Same goes for most of the EU.

I think we're currently observing the decline of Western societies. We've had a good run but it's not going to get any better.

Hasn't life expectancy been dropping in the US in recent years? Same goes for most of the EU.

I think we're currently observing the decline of Western societies.

COVID is the biggest cause, but we got a vaccine and have moved past that. In America at least, things have never been better, but more improvements are coming.

COVID is the biggest cause, but we got a vaccine and have moved past that. In America at least, things have never been better, but more improvements are coming.

U.S. life expectancy hasn't really recovered post-COVID due to the opioid crisis.

The anti-immigration crowd does not really care about the economic and social benefits provided by immigration. They only care that immigrants don't assimilate into their specific image of what a Western citizen should be.

They discount the brain drain, they disregard the increased contribution to the workforce. They don't care that we're getting labor that we didn't have to put through our schools systems or healthcare system for 18 years. It's plausible to devalue those economic and social benefits but, more often than not, they're outright ignored.

It's also absurdly one-sided. On the first page, I mentioned expats and retirees who intentionally go abroad hoping to take the money they made in the West and spend it in these nations. The obvious economic advantages of taking advantage of the differences in earnings and spending power is something the anti-immigration crowd is perfectly fine with. What they're not fine with is foreign individuals doing the same thing.

And the unspoken reason is that they consider themselves something that everyone should want around and that people from other cultures are people that no one should want around.

So, until I see the anti-immigrant crowd start bitching about people moving to these 3rd world countries from the West, whether it's living there or working there while collecting Western salaries, I'm just going to ignore the obvious xenophobia.

I love how @skold argues so confidently until he loses and then just abandons the threads and goes on to the next one. Zero character.

The fuck are you on about? You posted a wiki page of Edward snowden in response to my dismantling of all your points and you think you "won"? I know the right wingers on this forum have some fucking weird parasocial obsession with me, but have you considered the possibility that I have better things to do during the day than reply to every stupid fucking comment?

Last edited:
How many millions of immigrants does South Korea take in per year?

why do you ignore those other countries?

we already been through the numbers and the west isn’t the only ones taking in migrants lol

Why are you acting like Japan and South Korea are desirable locations as well?

Back