We dont want politics in sports, Golden Warriors were wrong.

Has there been ANY real increase of conversation or action taken on the national or public stage about the issue of police violence against blacks that was the stated reason for Colin's protest? How much more conversation or actions have been generated because of the flag, Trump's tweets, the backlash of consumers and the actions/inactions of the owners? As far as raising positive awareness of the original issue or generating any sort of forward movement on addressing the problem this has been a failure.
I disagree. It's been a great success; I myself was on the other side of this issue at the start. He's changed minds.

]The controversy surrounding the protest has drowned out the more serious issue the protest was supposed to address.
That simply isn't true. I'm very sure there are those who would love it if that were so. There's an element in American society that loves to obscure the other guy's message and re-frame it for everyone.

Colin would have been better served using his celebrity platform in participating in person at an organized protest at the most notorious sites of this issue. He would have been better served to use his celebrity platform to address this issue during discussions with supporting media like ESPN, who likely would have been more than happy to devote on air time to sit down and talk with him about all of this. He choose the method designed to cause the most controversy and the backlash that has come from it and the loss of the original message because of all the ensuing drama ultimately fall on him. He chose to yell fire in a crowded theater, so be it.
And yet for all the things you say he OUGHT to have done, he's lit a fire under the issue in the most inoffensive way possible, by quietly taking a knee. Horribly disruptive, I know.

LOL next time just actually post "I know you are but what am I!"

And I wouldn't remind people I'm disabled. It's just gonna make them wonder what's wrong with you when I'm verbally shoving my foot so far up your ass it's knocking the dick outta your mouth. :)

Don't worry, we can all very easily tell you're highly disabled lol.

Lol wut?

Most people I know don't, and many national anthems aren't even televised. That was always the case.
The only ones guaranteed to be televised are during the playoffs and Super bowl.

But your comment doesn't account for the now 24/7 coverage these "protests" get on literally every news outlet, as well as for the people at the games.
Wasnt televised until 2009 and was paid for by the military. It was basically paid patriotism. Players knelt before the anthem and before the flag was even brought out and people still boo'ed. What does that tell you. It's not about Anthem it never was about the anthem. These people don't care about the players or racial Justice. Sorry the people you know don't know

The more coverage, the better. Thats what this whole thing was about. Bringing awareness to ppl who dont want to think about it and doing it on the biggest stage.

N also i think its funny that ppl who oppose the method of protest literally NEVER have an impactful alternative

Last edited:
Don't worry, we can all very easily tell you're highly disabled lol.

....honest question..... when did you learn to read? Who taught you? Is it an adult literacy program that offers refunds?

I'm joking of course.... I know you're not an adult.

Just remember it's impossible to really reconcile hatred of political correctness with silencing athletes for being politically incorrect.

Keep politics in sport and bring back excessive show boating. If people get triggered they can go fuck themselves.

Wasnt televised until 2009 and was paid for by the military. It was basically paid patriotism. Players knelt before the anthem and before the flag was even brought out and people still boo'ed. What does that tell you. It's not about Anthem it never was about the anthem. These people don't care about the players or racial Justice. Sorry the people you know don't know

The more coverage, the better. Thats what this whole thing was about. Bringing awareness to ppl who dont want to think about it and doing it on the biggest stage.

N also i think its funny that ppl who oppose the method of protest literally NEVER have an impactful alternative

Yeah, I'm quite sure more than a few people who don't care for this type of protest, or just find it stupid and hollow like myself have actual alternatives. Provided that they actually care.

You aren't making any points here man.

& I'm aware of the paid patriotism, and I think it's cheesy. I can also say without a doubt that most people don't care. And that was the military and the NFL forcing that on the fans, the fans didn't ask for it. And again, most people dont pay attention to the anthem at home. Its basically a commercial break if its aired.

As far as raising awareness, what good is that? None. It's worth jack shit. This has done literally nothing for Kap's alleged cause. It's hurt ratings a small amount, annoyed a few fans, and made some players feel great due to their virtue signaling. If anything it's been a borderline negative impact in that a lot of people are tired of it and it hasn't helped cure any problems.

Players and everyday people who really care about the problems of colored people or how cops treat colored citizens have been active in their communities before this and will continue to do so after this. Most of the people who were pressed into caring thanks to NFL players are only doing so to look good. We're adults, if you care about something you don't need an NFL player to tell you to get off your ass. Those 5 people will stop pretending to give a fuck once this is no longer the sjw issue of the month.

Be real, who do you know over the age of 10 that looks up to an NFL player? lol.

the golden state warriors are in the bay area. it shouldn't be a surprise that they chose not to go. if you're not on the left around here, you're not in the right.

They should had accepted the invitation as respect for the presidency and not make it political. Because mixing politics and sports is wrong right?

maxresdefault.jpg

Politics and sports go fine together. In fact, sports often spurs politics. Where did racial integration start first? In sports... Jackie Robinson and Bill Russell for instance. What about Ali?

....honest question..... when did you learn to read? Who taught you? Is it an adult literacy program that offers refunds?

I'm joking of course.... I know you're not an adult.

I bet that sounded a lot funnier in your head.

You should get your caregiver to proofread your "jokes" before you hit submit.

Yeah, I'm quite sure more than a few people who don't care for this type of protest, or just find it stupid and hollow like myself have actual alternatives. Provided that they actually care.

You aren't making any points here man.

& I'm aware of the paid patriotism, and I think it's cheesy. I can also say without a doubt that most people don't care. And that was the military and the NFL forcing that on the fans, the fans didn't ask for it. And again, most people dont pay attention to the anthem at home. Its basically a commercial break if its aired.

As far as raising awareness, what good is that? None. It's worth jack shit. This has done literally nothing for Kap's alleged cause. It's hurt ratings a small amount, annoyed a few fans, and made some players feel great due to their virtue signaling. If anything it's been a borderline negative impact in that a lot of people are tired of it and it hasn't helped cure any problems.

Players and everyday people who really care about the problems of colored people or how cops treat colored citizens have been active in their communities before this and will continue to do so after this. Most of the people who were pressed into caring thanks to NFL players are only doing so to look good. We're adults, if you care about something you don't need an NFL player to tell you to get off your ass. Those 5 people will stop pretending to give a fuck once this is no longer the sjw issue of the month.

Be real, who do you know over the age of 10 that looks up to an NFL player? lol.

He's trolling man.

I bet that sounded a lot funnier in your head.

No it sounded hilarious when I read it back and pictured your tiny self sitting there in frustration trying to come up with another repetitive dig at my disability in response....

You should get your caregiver to proofread your "jokes" before you hit submit.

....well damn I must be a psychic. What a stellar follow up to a critique of someone's jokes....

<{MingNope}>

But yes please, keep reminding people I'm disabled. It's gonna work so well for you. :) Here I'll help;

Hey everybody look! The guy smacking Sloppery Kactus around like the useless little cock-holster he is, IS DISABLED! Disabled!

:)

Anyone else find this whole thing insanely hilarious, just for the fact that this all started with COLIN KAEPERNICK? Guy is middle of the road, 17 out of 32 at best. Quite simply, he's not that good. Now he's complaining about finding a job while the entire NFL and (ofcourse) Trump is involved in a fiasco. He single handedly started a fire that is now burning down the forest, and he wonders why no one will hire him, ontop of his wife getting involved and his recent lawsuit.

Yeah bro, it's all about race.

Il answer that with a question. Do yoi think bringing awareness to racial injustice is a bad thing?

Simple yes or no

I'll answer your question with a question, who gets to decide what is or isn't unjust?

You are speaking in abstractions. It's like "opposing hate". Who gets to decide what is truly hateful and what is not? I'm sure you can come up with examples of hateful speech or acts, but without a concrete definition "hate" quickly becomes whatever you don't like.

If they were protesting a particular bad act or bad policy/law then there would be something to talk about. I'm sure you can give specific examples of racial injustice, but they are not protesting those concrete examples. Instead they are protesting abstractions, and in the process accusing a large group of people of being evil.

So I end up back where I started. They are protesting the symbols of America, therefore they are protesting America and the people that support it.

And guess what, they are not getting closer to this mythical racial justice you speak of. They are not improving the lives of non-whites. All they are doing is pissing people off. Maybe they should try a different communication strategy.

I'll answer your question with a question, who gets to decide what is or isn't unjust?

You are speaking in abstractions. It's like "opposing hate". Who gets to decide what is truly hateful and what is not? I'm sure you can come up with examples of hateful speech or acts, but without a concrete definition "hate" quickly becomes whatever you don't like.

If they were protesting a particular bad act or bad policy/law then there would be something to talk about. I'm sure you can give specific examples of racial injustice, but they are not protesting those concrete examples. Instead they are protesting abstractions, and in the process accusing a large group of people of being evil.

So I end up back where I started. They are protesting the symbols of America, therefore they are protesting America and the people that support it.

And guess what, they are not getting closer to this mythical racial justice you speak of. They are not improving the lives of non-whites. All they are doing is pissing people off. Maybe they should try a different communication strategy.
Solid points imo.

Political activism on one's own time everyone should stand behind.

Political activism in your sports entertainment is something we can truly do without and enough people have made that clear.

Regardless of who is President.

Not to mention it's annoying listening to millionaire b**** about s*** especially when they get paid to throw the ball around.

No it sounded hilarious when I read it back and pictured your tiny self sitting there in frustration trying to come up with another repetitive dig at my disability in response....

....well damn I must be a psychic. What a stellar follow up to a critique of someone's jokes....

<{MingNope}>

But yes please, keep reminding people I'm disabled. It's gonna work so well for you. :) Here I'll help;

Hey everybody look! The guy smacking Sloppery Kactus around like the useless little cock-holster he is, IS DISABLED! Disabled!

:)

I have no doubt that in your mind you "smack everyone around" on here.

The wonders of a dying brain.

Back