We dont want politics in sports, Golden Warriors were wrong.

Rod1

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
They should had accepted the invitation as respect for the presidency and not make it political. Because mixing politics and sports is wrong right?

maxresdefault.jpg

Meh, I don't think this is that strong of a point. Trump isn't instructing the owner to delegate political action to the players, and owners are far removed from the consumption of the sports product (generally).

Regardless, the "stick to sports!" people are the absolute worst. It speaks to the arrogance and identity-commodification of the American consumer.

Meh, I don't think this is that strong of a point. Trump isn't instructing the owner to delegate political action to the players, and owners are far removed from the consumption of the sports product (generally).

Regardless, the "stick to sports!" people are the absolute worst. It speaks to the arrogance and identity-commodification of the American consumer.

Nope, he is just putting the owners of the Penguins in a pretty uncomfortable situations by bringing NAFTA negotiations to a White House visit and claiming that the person is working against him.

Nope, he is just putting the owners of the Penguins in a pretty uncomfortable situations by bringing NAFTA negotiations to a White House visit and claiming that the person is working against him.
Free trade my ass! I still can't get Molsen XXX at the hockey games.

Political activism on one's own time everyone should stand behind.

Political activism in your sports entertainment is something we can truly do without and enough people have made that clear.

Regardless of who is President.

They should had accepted the invitation as respect for the presidency and not make it political. Because mixing politics and sports is wrong right?

maxresdefault.jpg

You leftists really do struggle with the smallest things. What is the origin of this lack of resilience?

The "stick to sports" people realize that sports are one of the few places where Americans of all backgrounds can just sit together and enjoy something. The fanatics hate that. They want there to be division everywhere.

The "stick to sports" people realize that sports are one of the few places where Americans of all backgrounds can just sit together and enjoy something. The fanatics hate that. They want there to be division everywhere.

It's not fanatical to realize you as a consumer have no right to tell a performer they cannot express themselves.

It's not fanatical to realize you as a consumer have no right to tell a performer they cannot express themselves.
As a consumer I can in fact do just that by not purchasing or supporting them in their profession.

I purchase or support their effort in sport. I'm not purchasing their effort or time as an activist.

Back