We dont want politics in sports, Golden Warriors were wrong.

I have no doubt that in your mind you "smack everyone around" on here.

The wonders of a dying brain.

Of course you have no doubt. That's why you're here slippy, and why you keep.... coming.... back. :)

Some gals just like being held down apparently. LOL.

Yeah, I'm quite sure more than a few people who don't care for this type of protest, or just find it stupid and hollow like myself have actual alternatives. Provided that they actually care.

You aren't making any points here man.

& I'm aware of the paid patriotism, and I think it's cheesy. I can also say without a doubt that most people don't care. And that was the military and the NFL forcing that on the fans, the fans didn't ask for it. And again, most people dont pay attention to the anthem at home. Its basically a commercial break if its aired.

As far as raising awareness, what good is that? None. It's worth jack shit. This has done literally nothing for Kap's alleged cause. It's hurt ratings a small amount, annoyed a few fans, and made some players feel great due to their virtue signaling. If anything it's been a borderline negative impact in that a lot of people are tired of it and it hasn't helped cure any problems.

Players and everyday people who really care about the problems of colored people or how cops treat colored citizens have been active in their communities before this and will continue to do so after this. Most of the people who were pressed into caring thanks to NFL players are only doing so to look good. We're adults, if you care about something you don't need an NFL player to tell you to get off your ass. Those 5 people will stop pretending to give a fuck once this is no longer the sjw issue of the month.

Be real, who do you know over the age of 10 that looks up to an NFL player? lol.
you say ppl dont care about the paid patriotism and yet all i hear from ppl who dislike this "type of protest" is that the players shouldnt disrespect the flag or the military. Of course those ppl are complete idiots. But which is it? Do ppl dislike the paid patriotism (seems HIGHLY unlikely given the responses) or do they dislike the protest? (Seems much more likely). Again, the point was to bring awareness. Here we are talking about it. Its clearly not hollow. And kaep donated 1 mil to various causes so his cause is quite strong.

Of course the fans didnt ask for it but they sure as shit embraced it with open arms.

The cause is strong. The protest is working. And ppl who complain literally have no ground to stand on other than "its annoying/disrespectful"

And again, those same ppl, when asked what an alternative of equal or greater measure would be to get the message out there, they come up blank.

Last edited:
I'll answer your question with a question, who gets to decide what is or isn't unjust?

You are speaking in abstractions. It's like "opposing hate". Who gets to decide what is truly hateful and what is not? I'm sure you can come up with examples of hateful speech or acts, but without a concrete definition "hate" quickly becomes whatever you don't like.

If they were protesting a particular bad act or bad policy/law then there would be something to talk about. I'm sure you can give specific examples of racial injustice, but they are not protesting those concrete examples. Instead they are protesting abstractions, and in the process accusing a large group of people of being evil.

So I end up back where I started. They are protesting the symbols of America, therefore they are protesting America and the people that support it.

And guess what, they are not getting closer to this mythical racial justice you speak of. They are not improving the lives of non-whites. All they are doing is pissing people off. Maybe they should try a different communication strategy.

1. It was an easy question to answer. You not answering it says a lot about you but im not surprised.

2. Racial injustice is an abstract concept? U said i could provide specific examples which literally cancels out the "abstraction" point.

3. They are protesting a specific act.

4. Again youre doing what the detractors constantly do which is try to belittle the overall point by saying "its pissing ppl off (literally a side effect of protests) and suggesting they find a different method without suggesting one. What youre really saying is find another way of protesting that doesnt bother me.

No one is protesting america. Excuse them for thinking that the greatest country should improve upon itself and live up to what the symbol means to represent.

And who are you to say that they arent improving the lives of POC not just in america but around the globe.

Literally no one is accusing a large group of ppl of being evil. All your talking points sound like a fox news roundtable discussion. Completely missing the point and not acknowledging the message. How about you change your conversation to "how can we improve the lives of everyone" instead of "why don't they find a different way of telling those ignorant to the thought that there is heavy bias against POC in this country."

So to recap.

U want ppl to find a better way of protesting. Suggest one now that would be as or more impactful.

Don't give me the run around. Suggest something better.

I bet that sounded a lot funnier in your head.

You should get your caregiver to proofread your "jokes" before you hit submit.

He's trolling man.
Anyone else find this whole thing insanely hilarious, just for the fact that this all started with COLIN KAEPERNICK? Guy is middle of the road, 17 out of 32 at best. Quite simply, he's not that good. Now he's complaining about finding a job while the entire NFL and (ofcourse) Trump is involved in a fiasco. He single handedly started a fire that is now burning down the forest, and he wonders why no one will hire him, ontop of his wife getting involved and his recent lawsuit.

Yeah bro, it's all about race.
If you truly think hes not being blackballed for starting this protest while qb's who havent thrown a ball in 2 years are getting hired then youre a fool

I bet that sounded a lot funnier in your head.

You should get your caregiver to proofread your "jokes" before you hit submit.

He's trolling man.
No. Im not trolling. Not surprised you thought so. Easy to focus on the person and not the message

Not to mention it's annoying listening to millionaire b**** about s*** especially when they get paid to throw the ball around.
This is by far one of the weakest arguments against all this. So someone with money, a platform, and a voice should be quiet and just play ball and when they go home, protest silently where no one can see or hear.

Stupid. Simply stupid. Also none of the players who knelt for the cause are complaining about their status.

<{cum@me}>

Why would he be blackballed?
Again, easier to focus on the person talking rather than hear the message and discuss that.

Its not surprising (especially on THIS site) that a lot of the posters are uncomfortable truly discussing the actual messsge.

Again, easier to focus on the person talking rather than hear the message and discuss that.

Its not surprising (especially on THIS site) that a lot of the posters are uncomfortable truly discussing the actual messsge.
What is the message?

This is by far one of the weakest arguments against all this. So someone with money, a platform, and a voice should be quiet and just play ball and when they go home, protest silently where no one can see or hear.

Stupid. Simply stupid. Also none of the players who knelt for the cause are complaining about their status.
Fedor-Emeljanenko2.jpg

you say ppl dont care about the paid patriotism and yet all i hear from ppl who dislike this "type of protest" is that the players shouldnt disrespect the flag or the military. Of course those ppl are complete idiots. But which is it? Do ppl dislike the paid patriotism (seems HIGHLY unlikely given the responses) or do they dislike the protest? (Seems much more likely). Again, the point was to bring awareness. Here we are talking about it. Its clearly not hollow. And kaep donated 1 mil to various causes so his cause is quite strong.

Of course the fans didnt ask for it but they sure as shit embraced it with open arms.

The cause is strong. The protest is working. And ppl who complain literally have no ground to stand on other than "its annoying/disrespectful"

And again, those same ppl, when asked what an alternative of equal or greater measure would be to get the message out there, they come up blank.

Exactly what has changed for the average American?

1. There are a lot of NFL players who kneel during the anthem who have jobs. They are all better players than Colin Kaepernick.
2. No one here is uncomfortable discussing racial issues. There are lengthy threads on such matters all the time. I think you know this and only toss out such throwaway lines to put people on the defensive.
3. I think a big problem with Kaepernick's protest is that police aren't shooting innocent black men in inordinate numbers as he would have us believe.

If you truly think hes not being blackballed for starting this protest while qb's who havent thrown a ball in 2 years are getting hired then youre a fool

He declined a contract from the 49ers, he also wouldn't sign with the Seahawks because he thought he was worth more, he also showed up to the Miami Dolphins organization wearing a fucking Castro tshirt AND he was about to get signed by the Ravens until his racist girlfriend fucked that over by insulting the owner and legendary player.

How the fuck is that being blackballed? Kaep fucked Kaep, typical victim mentality bullshit.

Of course you have no doubt. That's why you're here slippy, and why you keep.... coming.... back. :)

Some gals just like being held down apparently. LOL.

Remember what I said about the proofreading?

1. It was an easy question to answer. You not answering it says a lot about you but im not surprised.

2. Racial injustice is an abstract concept? U said i could provide specific examples which literally cancels out the "abstraction" point.

3. They are protesting a specific act.

4. Again youre doing what the detractors constantly do which is try to belittle the overall point by saying "its pissing ppl off (literally a side effect of protests) and suggesting they find a different method without suggesting one. What youre really saying is find another way of protesting that doesnt bother me.

No one is protesting america. Excuse them for thinking that the greatest country should improve upon itself and live up to what the symbol means to represent.

And who are you to say that they arent improving the lives of POC not just in america but around the globe.

Literally no one is accusing a large group of ppl of being evil. All your talking points sound like a fox news roundtable discussion. Completely missing the point and not acknowledging the message. How about you change your conversation to "how can we improve the lives of everyone" instead of "why don't they find a different way of telling those ignorant to the thought that there is heavy bias against POC in this country."

So to recap.

U want ppl to find a better way of protesting. Suggest one now that would be as or more impactful.

Don't give me the run around. Suggest something better.

1. No actually it was a nonsense question. Again, who gets to decide what is, and what is not just? Is it just that Asians are losing spots at elite universities because they want to boost the enrollment of blacks?

2. Yes, racial justice is an abstract concept. It's a label and an interpretation. You can come up with particular situations and say "see that is unjust". The particular situation is concrete, but your moral evaluation is not.

3. No they are not. They are protesting America. If you protest when people are showing respect to the symbols of America then you are protesting America and accusing everyone that loves their country of being racially unjust.

4. If your goal is social change then you need to get enough people on board for that change. Pissing off millions of Americans will not accomplish that.

Please show me the measuring stick for how these protests have improved the lives of non-whites. How many of them are making more money or living in safer communities because of it? Not a single one.

If this is as you say about "racial injustice" then it's not about improving the lives of everyone. It's about improving the lives of whoever you think is facing injustice.

So to recap.

If they are going to protest then they can do it in places where there was an actual injustice like where the cop shot Walter Scott in the back. Apart from something like that I prefer that they actually volunteer in their community and mentor poor and fatherless kids. That will do more for the plight of "POC" than this anthem protest.

Back