We dont want politics in sports, Golden Warriors were wrong.

Lmao im gonna stop you right here. There have been NUMEROUS Police Department policy violations done with body cam footage on. And nothing has happened to the officers in question. It's not just armed and unarmed killings. There is a clear bias present. And BTW, Walter Scott is not the only unlawful killing of a minority that was caught on body cam footage. It's weird that you would say that he's the only one you seen that has merit when that clearly is not the case.

America since its inception has had a CLEAR bias against minorities. America's roots are in racism. To think that things have magically turned a corner is an ignorant statement to make.
So are you saying you DONT want stricter body camera enforcement? sounds like youre just giving up like a pussy because cops dont want to be held accountable

show me the clear evidence that supports your claim that there are far more documented killings based on racism than just walter scott

patrick feaster was also super clear. guess what they both got charged.

get out of here that america is racist, shit is a nonsequitur at this point

Much more forms in you. But I'll let you keep on believing your s***

Clearly there is a comprehension issue that affects you deeply. I asked how many racial killings have happened since America's Inception? Add that number up onto the numbers from the past two years but you seem to focus on exclusively and then tell me what you get. Take your ignorance somewhere else. Take your biased somewhere else. There is a larger point at hand and you don't care. Such a dumb argument. What about whites? No one's talking about you because this is not about you

So you're a troll, gotcha.

Yes, it does mean that the systems that allowed those previous injustices are no longer in place. The institution of slavery was destroyed militarily and legally abolished. Jim Crow was dismantled.

If Colin Kaepernick is saying he wants change because he is against slavery then he is an idiot. But I don't think he is saying that. I think he has focused on police brutality, which I agree ought to be harshly punished when police cross lines. But statistically, it does not seem that police murdering innocent black men is currently a pressing problem in the US.
The racial bias system is STILL in place and there are COUNTLESS examples that show this. Again. A swift google will show you the light.

The racial bias system is STILL in place and there are COUNTLESS examples that show this. Again. A swift google will show you the light.

I'm supposed to google what "racial system still in pace?"

Your claim is easily shown to be false. The slavery system has been dismantled. It is not still in place. Black men are not slaves in the US. Jim Crow has been dismantled as well. It is not still in place either. Blacks aren't relegated to the back of the bus or disallowed from attending school or from voting.

So what system are you talking about? Our constitutional republic?

they are now more aware that there is a serious conversation that needs to be had about racial injustice in this country and its not going away

I completely disagree and fwiw I'm not white.

Your average American doesn't care about this and isn't moved by it at all.

And for the few who are aware of what these "protests" are even about (which clearly is very few people when all you hear on ESPN is how the message of the protests has been hijacked and is convoluted to begin with) even fewer of them care at all.

Your average American does not give a shit. Sorry to break it to you. NFL players aren't heroes.

Yeah the message has been tainted by 45 and the idiots who are pissed off because "muh anthem! The troops!"

I personally want them pissed off. Shows whos really an ignorant ass.

If you really care about positive change, you need people on your side. Choosing a protest that makes millions of people roll their eyes and ignore your message, is counter productive. I don't understand the difficulty with this concept. It's almost like there is a racist white person behind every black movement. Oh yea guys, let's have a movement and call it "Black Lives Matter" because that will really rally everyone together for sure. Know what else, let's take a knee during the National Anthem. Who would stand against us after such a unifying display.

If you really care about positive change, you need people on your side. Choosing a protest that makes millions of people roll their eyes and ignore your message, is counter productive. I don't understand the difficulty with this concept. It's almost like there is a racist white person behind every black movement. Oh yea guys, let's have a movement and call it "Black Lives Matter" because that will really rally everyone together for sure. Know what else, let's take a knee during the National Anthem. Who would stand against us after such a unifying display.
Millions of ppl rolled their eyes at the civil rights march.

"A Gallup Poll taken shortly after the shootings at Kent State revealed that 58% of the respondents believed the responsibility for the deaths lay with the demonstrators; only 11% blamed the National Guard."

Ppl in huge numbers will always roll their eyes and blame the other side based purely on ignorance and bigotry.

Doesnt mean that ppl on the right side of history needs them in order to make an impact or better yet, a change. And for all the posters saying jim crow is gone and the civil rights act is in place, you really think that erases or halts the racist mindset? As if all the pieces of crap racists suddenly evaporated into thin air once these laws were in place? Like discrepancies based on racial bias still dony exist? I wouldnt expect them to understand seeing as its something they will never understand.
Those sad pathetic fools.

So....idk what you were trying to accomplish with that post.

Most of the responses in here directed towards me are plain as day ***y. As a proud black man on a predominantly white website its to be expected that the majority opinion would be against and not for a more racially just america.

But i cant speak up too much. Last time i did i almost got the hammer for being reasonable. I know when to fall back but i won't ever bk down from some of the ***s on here or their factually inaccurate, pseduointellectual, insanely bigotted responses.

Also colins qbr for 2016 was 90.7. Thats better than almost 20 current starting quarterbacks in the league right now.

But sure...its cuz he isnt as good.

YIKES.

Back