We dont want politics in sports, Golden Warriors were wrong.

Exactly what has changed for the average American?
they are now more aware that there is a serious conversation that needs to be had about racial injustice in this country and its not going away

1. No actually it was a nonsense question. Again, who gets to decide what is, and what is not just? Is it just that Asians are losing spots at elite universities because they want to boost the enrollment of blacks?

2. Yes, racial justice is an abstract concept. It's a label and an interpretation. You can come up with particular situations and say "see that is unjust". The particular situation is concrete, but your moral evaluation is not.

3. No they are not. They are protesting America. If you protest when people are showing respect to the symbols of America then you are protesting America and accusing everyone that loves their country of being racially unjust.

4. If your goal is social change then you need to get enough people on board for that change. Pissing off millions of Americans will not accomplish that.

Please show me the measuring stick for how these protests have improved the lives of non-whites. How many of them are making more money or living in safer communities because of it? Not a single one.

If this is as you say about "racial injustice" then it's not about improving the lives of everyone. It's about improving the lives of whoever you think is facing injustice.

So to recap.

If they are going to protest then they can do it in places where there was an actual injustice like where the cop shot Walter Scott in the back. Apart from something like that I prefer that they actually volunteer in their community and mentor poor and fatherless kids. That will do more for the plight of "POC" than this anthem protest.

it really wasnt a nonsense question. just a question you refused to answer. plain and simple.
show me where someone said "we are protesting america". was the womens march a protest of america? or just of a single person? again. show me where someone is accusing americans who love this country of being racially unjust. because from everything ive seen and read, the nfl and nba players love this country and have done MORE then their fair share of proving that. but all i hear are ppl complaining that they are spoiled (how???) and should just "stick to sports" which is a dumb f*** suggestion that they seem to only apply to ppl who dont look like them.

good thing theres more than just a few million of americans on the opposite side of yours who ARE on board with that message. its weird how you fail to acknowledge that. there have been so many rallys and protests and silent marches and in community outreach programs and small council meets about these issues.

there is no measuring stick (im assuiming you mean specific data) for this particular issue because the age of statics is still growing. there are hundreds of issues going on where data is still being compiled. so be patient. or just write it off completely. your choice.

and yeah. because not everyone is a victim of racial injustice. so this is about improving a (huge) section of this country. its not about everyone. which is something i see being brought up. its not always about the better off.

there have been MANY protests in areas where racial injustice has occurred. you know what happened? people like you complained and requested that it happen in a different way or in a different place. STILL UNABLE TO SUGGEST A BETTER ALTERNATIVE. STILL.

I'd like to hear your take on it.
my take on racial injustice?

it exist. this country was built on it and mechanisms are still in place that allow for injustice to flow freely and with great impunity.

the current president ran a campaign that implied he wanted to bring the country back to a time where it was much more prominent

sports and politics have ALWAYS been intertwined but its only an issue when POC are at the front of it.

get over it.

hows that?

did you do a swift google? hm???

He declined a contract from the 49ers, he also wouldn't sign with the Seahawks because he thought he was worth more, he also showed up to the Miami Dolphins organization wearing a fucking Castro tshirt AND he was about to get signed by the Ravens until his racist girlfriend fucked that over by insulting the owner and legendary player.

How the fuck is that being blackballed? Kaep fucked Kaep, typical victim mentality bullshit.
only two things that are super correct are the castro thing and his girlfriend being an idiot (even though i dont see how that reflects on him not getting a job. ) the castro thing was stupid as hell.

lol that legendary player is a fool btw. not related but important

1. There are a lot of NFL players who kneel during the anthem who have jobs. They are all better players than Colin Kaepernick.
2. No one here is uncomfortable discussing racial issues. There are lengthy threads on such matters all the time. I think you know this and only toss out such throwaway lines to put people on the defensive.
3. I think a big problem with Kaepernick's protest is that police aren't shooting innocent black men in inordinate numbers as he would have us believe.
"they are ALL better players"

well thats a very inaccurate statement to make.

yes. yes they are uncomfortable. it shows in the style of response that comes up. just because its being discussed doesnt mean the parties discussing it arent uncomfortable.

the injustice part of that goes with the amount of officers who are found not guilty of literal murder of innocent civilians. the pay outs. the desk jobs. thats injust. if someone murders someone else in cold blood in plain view and gets off, thats not justice. system is broken.

"they are ALL better players"

well thats a very inaccurate statement to make.

yes. yes they are uncomfortable. it shows in the style of response that comes up. just because its being discussed doesnt mean the parties discussing it arent uncomfortable.

the injustice part of that goes with the amount of officers who are found not guilty of literal murder of innocent civilians. the pay outs. the desk jobs. thats injust. if someone murders someone else in cold blood in plain view and gets off, thats not justice. system is broken.

1. It was meant as a generalization. Perhaps somewhere on some team some player kneeled who is not as good as Colin Kaepernick. But Kaep is a decidedly average quarterback who had a few great seasons with an offense entirely tailored to his play style. When you are on the bench and Blaine Gabbart is starting, you aren't very good.

2. This kind of argument is made to make people feel uncomfortable. I think most people are far more comfortable to talk about race openly than they were ten years ago.

3. I agree that when innocents are murdered by the police, they ought to be punished. I also agree that there are several high profile shootings of innocent black men, several of which can be reasonably seen as murder. But it is a very small number that we are talking about. 233 black men were shot and killed by police in 2016. Only 17 of them were unarmed, and not all 17 were obviously unjustified shootings. Every single black man murdered by police is both a tragedy and a great injustice. But it is hard to take that number as proof that we have a huge race problem in a country of 330 million.

Obviously, it would be best if 0 people would be shot unjustifiably by the police, but that's simply unrealistic.

1. It was meant as a generalization. Perhaps somewhere on some team some player kneeled who is not as good as Colin Kaepernick. But Kaep is a decidedly average quarterback who had a few great seasons with an offense entirely tailored to his play style. When you are on the bench and Blaine Gabbart is starting, you aren't very good.

2. This kind of argument is made to make people feel uncomfortable. I think most people are far more comfortable to talk about race openly than they were ten years ago.

3. I agree that when innocents are murdered by the police, they ought to be punished. I also agree that there are several high profile shootings of innocent black men, several of which can be reasonably seen as murder. But it is a very small number that we are talking about. 233 black men were shot and killed by police in 2016. Only 17 of them were unarmed, and not all 17 were obviously unjustified shootings. Every single black man murdered by police is both a tragedy and a great injustice. But it is hard to take that number as proof that we have a huge race problem in a country of 330 million.

Obviously, it would be best if 0 people would be shot unjustifiably by the police, but that's simply unrealistic.
and i understand that. but not all armed shootings of black men were justified either. nuance plays a critical role here.

point being that there IS a problem in america and the SYSTEM that is in place needs to be re-hauled.

i doubt that. its much harder to discuss race today than say...late 90s. only because of how flammable the topics can become

and i understand that. but not all armed shootings of black men were justified either. nuance plays a critical role here.

point being that there IS a problem in america and the SYSTEM that is in place needs to be re-hauled.

i doubt that. its much harder to discuss race today than say...late 90s. only because of how flammable the topics can become

What exactly is this problem in America? Police brutality? Black men being murdered by the police? How many black men were murdered by the police in 2016? 2015? Seems like a relatively small number. I hate what seems to be a culture of impunity where too few police are punished when they cross lines. But overall, numbers don't seem to indicate a need for revolutionary change.

The only problem that exists is the lack of body cameras to actually prove bad shootings. Besides walter scott I have yet to see a truly unjustifiable shooting of an unarmed black man

Its a bullshit protest because kaep believed 'America is a deeply racist country'. When it clearly isnt

What exactly is this problem in America? Police brutality? Black men being murdered by the police? How many black men were murdered by the police in 2016? 2015? Seems like a relatively small number. I hate what seems to be a culture of impunity where too few police are punished when they cross lines. But overall, numbers don't seem to indicate a need for revolutionary change.
How many black men and women have bernbeen killed by officers since americas inception? Look at it in its entirety. Thats racial injustice. All the pictures of burnings and lynchings where mass groups of ppl stand and smile. Look at all of it and not just the past 3 years. As if racial injusticr just started this decade.......

only two things that are super correct are the castro thing and his girlfriend being an idiot (even though i dont see how that reflects on him not getting a job. ) the castro thing was stupid as hell.

lol that legendary player is a fool btw. not related but important

Everything I said was 100% fact, sorry you weren't informed enough to know those things.

How many black men and women have bernbeen killed by officers since americas inception? Look at it in its entirety. Thats racial injustice. All the pictures of burnings and lynchings where mass groups of ppl stand and smile. Look at all of it and not just the past 3 years. As if racial injusticr just started this decade.......

More white people were killed by police than blacks in America last year, what's that about racial injustice??

Number of people shot to death by the police in the United States in 2017, as of August, by race
Number of people
White 241
Black 127
Hispanic 91
Other 18
Unknown 104

© Statista 2017

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

You should learn to argue based on facts, not your feewings.

The only problem that exists is the lack of body cameras to actually prove bad shootings. Besides walter scott I have yet to see a truly unjustifiable shooting of an unarmed black man

Its a bullshit protest because kaep believed 'America is a deeply racist country'. When it clearly isnt
Lmao im gonna stop you right here. There have been NUMEROUS Police Department policy violations done with body cam footage on. And nothing has happened to the officers in question. It's not just armed and unarmed killings. There is a clear bias present. And BTW, Walter Scott is not the only unlawful killing of a minority that was caught on body cam footage. It's weird that you would say that he's the only one you seen that has merit when that clearly is not the case.

America since its inception has had a CLEAR bias against minorities. America's roots are in racism. To think that things have magically turned a corner is an ignorant statement to make.

More white people were killed by police than blacks in America last year, what's that about racial injustice??

Number of people shot to death by the police in the United States in 2017, as of August, by race
Number of people
White 241
Black 127
Hispanic 91
Other 18
Unknown 104

© Statista 2017

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

You should learn to argue based on facts, not your feewings.
Clearly there is a comprehension issue that affects you deeply. I asked how many racial killings have happened since America's Inception? Add that number up onto the numbers from the past two years but you seem to focus on exclusively and then tell me what you get. Take your ignorance somewhere else. Take your biased somewhere else. There is a larger point at hand and you don't care. Such a dumb argument. What about whites? No one's talking about you because this is not about you

Exactly what has changed for the average American?
That right to free speech only applies to leftist snowflakes and no other political affiliations have right to free speech...

An awful lot of black men have been murdered in the US since its inception. Is that what Kaepernick is protesting? That prior to 150 years ago blacks were enslaved? Or that until about 50 years ago they were second class citizens?

It is important to remember such injustices, but protesting them now as if you wanted to end them is stupid. Slavery and Jim Crow were ended before you were born.

An awful lot of black men have been murdered in the US since its inception. Is that what Kaepernick is protesting? That prior to 150 years ago blacks were enslaved? Or that until about 50 years ago they were second class citizens?

It is important to remember such injustices, but protesting them now as if you wanted to end them is stupid. Slavery and Jim Crow were ended before you were born.
Yes they were ended before I was born but that doesn't mean that the system that allowed them to go into power isnt still around. He's protesting Racial inJustice. that includes ALL racial Injustice not just the past couple years. I mean did you just read what you said? People of color were second-class citizens. It's not stupid to protest a system that is still in place today that heavily favors whites over blacks.

Yes they were ended before I was born but that doesn't mean that the system that allowed them to go into power aren't still around. He's protesting Rachel and Justice that includes all racial Injustice not just the past couple years. I mean did you just read what you said? People of color were second-class citizens. It's not stupid to protest a system that is still in place today that heavily favors whites over blacks.

Yes, it does mean that the systems that allowed those previous injustices are no longer in place. The institution of slavery was destroyed militarily and legally abolished. Jim Crow was dismantled.

If Colin Kaepernick is saying he wants change because he is against slavery then he is an idiot. But I don't think he is saying that. I think he has focused on police brutality, which I agree ought to be harshly punished when police cross lines. But statistically, it does not seem that police murdering innocent black men is currently a pressing problem in the US.

Back