War Room Lounge V26: Neoliberal Clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take my burn face back @Trotsky. I ignorantly mistook that for a critics list as well. My bad.

You have "Under the Red Hood" rated highly. This is something we can find common ground on. Well done.

I take my burn face back @Trotsky. I ignorantly mistook that for a critics list as well. My bad.

You have "Under the Red Hood" rated highly. This is something we can find common ground on. Well done.

Only saw it once, but really liked it.

Only saw it once, but really liked it.

Probably the best of the cartoon flicks. MOTP was good, but I think the hype, combined with the BTAS greatness ruined it a bit for me. It's good, but it feels like a great 3 episode BTAS series, and I don't think it's the best of that particular bunch.

Beetlejuice, dude.

Based on those I have seen, Ed Wood and Sleepy Hollow were my favorite Burton films. Did not like his take on Batman. The Keaton casting was virtually unforgivable IMO.

My nine year old loves Nightmare Before Christmas. He's probably watched it at least 4 times. (Still yet to see Beetlejuice.)

As far as Burton goes:

Ed Wood
Batman.
Big Fish
Most Everything else
Planet Of The Apes
Dark Shadows
Ms Something or Other Children, You Didn't See It, Who Cares?

Based on those I have seen, Ed Wood and Sleepy Hollow were my favorite Burton films. Did not like his take on Batman. The Keaton casting was virtually unforgivable IMO.

My nine year old loves Nightmare Before Christmas. He's probably watched it at least 4 times. (Still yet to see Beetlejuice.)
Nightmare Before Christmas is ridiculously good, glad it's surviving. I didn't make it through Ed Wood or Sleepy Hollow ha. Not Burton's fault though. The Keaton casting was unexpected but I like it. I mean, at least it wasn't George Clooney.

Probably the best of the cartoon flicks. MOTP was good, but I think the hype, combined with the BTAS greatness ruined it a bit for me. It's good, but it feels like a great 3 episode BTAS series, and I don't think it's the best of that particular bunch.

Yeah, re MOTP it depends on what you're looking for. For a super hero movie, it's exceptionally unexciting. But, like The Dark Knight (and Under the Red Hood iirc), it really accentuates the elements of tragedy in the Batman character. Burton, as well as Schumacher, really failed to hit that note.

Since we're talking movies. The actor who played Kylo ren was a miscast in Star Wars. I would have been a better actor, and I'm serious.

Mmm, I think he's okay. It's the material that kills him. The guy is a good actor, but what can you do with that shit? Didn't matter who played that character. They'd come off the same.

When I think about it, the new Star Wars is wasting a LOT of talent. God, I didn't think I'd be saying that again...Liam Neeson...Ewan McGragor...Natalie Portman...Samuel Jackson...ugh...the horror...THE HORROR!

He had the same attitude as every stupid little alt right punk today. Probably had a major negative influence on them too. Chicken or the egg? You could give credit for using the Batman franchise as a sneaky way to completely fuck up the next generation, I suppose, though that probably wasn't the intent.

That villain could have been a lot better in another story, but not Batman. I just don't buy it.

I don't get your complaint about the Nicholson motive. It wasn't an attack on capitalism, products were just the vector and consumerism the weak point. He was the head of a crime family, and yes a thug, who happened to be crazy and vengeful.
You have lost your mind. The dark knight has nothing to do with the alt right and it wasn't a propaganda piece. Like wtf?!

You have lost your mind. The dark knight has nothing to do with the alt right and it wasn't a propaganda piece. Like wtf?!
I didn't say it was made to be related to the alt right, and I didn't say that it was propaganda. You're just bad with reading comprehension.

Mmm, I think he's okay. It's the material that kills him. The guy is a good actor, but what can you do with that shit? Didn't matter who played that character. They'd come off the same.

When I think about it, the new Star Wars is wasting a LOT of talent. God, I didn't think I'd be saying that again...Liam Neeson...Ewan McGragor...Natalie Portman...Samuel Jackson...ugh...the horror...THE HORROR!

The new star wars films are a travesty. Piss poor from top to bottom, sure, some cool visuals.

I laughed out loud when Carrie floated through space. Like just lost it in the theaters. They bring back Luke, someone supposed to be so hopeful and optimistic for the universe, he just gives up. And then disappears without a convincing fight. Fuck them.

I caught some bad looks in the theater during avengers though. When spider man says "Mr.Stark I don't feel so good" I howled. My god it was cheesy and weak. Got some very angry stares from geeks.

And Snoke? He doesn't notice or realize the light saber? Yeah ok. Also, why kill him off so early and easily? What a fuckin waste

I didn't say it was made to be related to the alt right, and I didn't say that it was propaganda. You're just bad with reading comprehension.

My bad, chicken and egg. Got it.

And he's one of their friends...

th

" You could give credit for using the Batman franchise as a sneaky way to completely fuck up the next generation, I suppose, though that probably wasn't the intent."

?

I haven't seen anything of the past 8 years, but the first and second strings of Star Wars movies seem incredibly overrated to me. I cannot for the life of me sit through any of them.

Also, there is no excuse for having acting this bad in one of your series' most pivotal scenes:

" You could give credit for using the Batman franchise as a sneaky way to completely fuck up the next generation, I suppose, though that probably wasn't the intent."

?
What is it you don't understand? I don't actually think Christopher Nolan was the godfather of the alt right.

The new star wars films are a travesty. Piss poor from top to bottom, sure, some cool visuals.

I laughed out loud when Carrie floated through space. Like just lost it in the theaters. They bring back Luke, someone supposed to be so hopeful and optimistic for the universe, he just gives up. And then disappears without a convincing fight. Fuck them.

I guess I'm just too beaten up to care...and I'm not even a big Star Wars fan.

Those prequels just killed my soul. I thought TFA was good enough, but TLJ was such a perplexing misstep. As bad as it was though, it didn't put me to sleep and make me hate everyone who liked them, like the prequels did though. I guess I've just been here before.

I haven't seen anything of the past 8 years, but the first and second strings of Star Wars movies seem incredibly overrated to me. I cannot for the life of me sit through any of them.

Also, there is no excuse for having acting this bad in one of your series' most pivotal scenes:

Those prequel flicks are legitimately P4P some of the worst movies ever made.

What is it you don't understand? I don't actually think Christopher Nolan was the godfather of the alt right.

The whole angle of it being a sneaky way to fuck up the next generation is a weird comment to me, as is the whole alt right comment you made which I think was in reference to the Joker?

But look, I'm not trying to start some argument or be mean spirited, you like the nightmare before Christmas, so do I. One of my favorites. You're good in my books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back