War Room Lounge V26: Neoliberal Clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something surprising about the WWE is that it's massively popular in the Indian subcontinent, no idea why. They haven't been able to achieve any success outside of the US and the Indian subcontinent though, unlike the UFC, for example.

Not true, 70 percent of their viewership is overseas. They have huge bases in the mideast (including major TV and venue deals) Europe so much so that extended their nxt brand to include a dedicated UK entity and remains popular in north africa Japan, Mexico and Canada

Presented with no comment

xs2VLVL.jpg

Ugh, I can't stand it.

"Corner Gas" is something I figure is on at every Mormon's house. That, and "Bob's Burgers". Just totally inoffensive blandness. I don't even think people laugh at the jokes. Just subtly nod their head with a smirk.

Bobs burgers is hit and miss with people. I would relate it closely to King of the Hill.

Bobs burgers is hit and miss with people. I would relate it closely to King of the Hill.
The key to watching Bob's Burgers is think of them as a family of cannibals, working in conjunction with the funeral home next door. That's why they always have a new neighbour.

Just got the ticket this morning, I'm psyched.

You know what movie gets a lot of love but actually really sucks? Batman (1989) by Tim Burton.

The story is idiotic and incoherent and the direction is just bad. In fact, for that matter, Tim Burton sucks in general. All of his movies are terrible.

How the hell did a piece of scotch tape find its way to my asscrack? Eh, mysteries.

You know what movie gets a lot of love but actually really sucks? Batman (1989) by Tim Burton.

The story is idiotic and incoherent and the direction is just bad. In fact, for that matter, Tim Burton sucks in general. All of his movies are terrible.

Oh no. Do not let Fawlty see this post.

Cannibal corpse is coming here in February. Keep forgetting to grab some tickets. Need to get on that

To an extent. With the vibe, I hear ya. You got all these other cartoon shows that are way more in your face, and then "Bob's Burgers" is just there, doing the opposite of what the other shows are doing. It slows everything down, and it clashes with the others.

That said, I blame the misunderstanding of what "King of The Hill" was, on the age demographic it was trying to reach at the time. I couldn't really understand why older people liked it. They got that it was essentially a live action sitcom in cartoon form, and went with it. All I saw was a "not The Simpsons". Now I can appreciate it for what it is, and look at it differently than when I was 14 or whatever. It's a brilliantly written show, and the jokes click now, whereas back in the day, I wanted something more immediate that resembled what I was familiar with.

With "Bob's Burgers", it's just bland to me. I don't see the humor. It's not an age thing, either. It's just bleh. I've given it that "King of the Hill" chance, where I'm thinking maybe I just don't get it, but nope. It's just bores the shit out of me.

To each their own though. Comedy is one of those things that just can't be defined.

FWIW, best or second-best Batman movie ever (rivalled by Batman Begins). Batman Returns would be third. Burton is very good.

Batman is a hard nut to crack. I like Burton's for it's comic book realization, and I like Nolan's for it's hyper realism. Both can be criticized for following those paths, though. Burton's is shallow, and Nolan's is a so deep that it gets kind of ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back