WAR ROOM LOUNGE V25: MJ vs Prince

which be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince has a wider variety of talents bit what has Prince mastered as well as MJ mastered singing and dancing? He's on the GOAT list for both.
Prince could dance as well. Michael Jackson’s dancing was more original, but I’m not sure if MJ choreographed all of the videos or not. Neither were vocal giants. Michael Jackson’s songs had more mass appeal, but I would put Prince’s Nothing Compares to You as a composition over anything written by Michael Jackson.

Prince is 100% Israelite. Prince's parents...

82a273657a745a4c194af8e6c2c0458b.jpg

They look black to me

Am I supposed tilt the picture sideways or stare at it from a distance or something ? What's the trick

They look black to me

Am I supposed tilt the picture sideways or stare at it from a distance or something ? What's the trick
All I know is if you stare at one of @N13 ‘s fortune cookies for 5 minutes before looking at it, they turn into lizards.

Every musician will be less appreciated as time goes by.

That is not true. There are plenty of composers, musicians and bands who are just as respected today as they were when they first came out. Some bands, like the Velvet Underground, are more respected now and selling more albums than ever.

It is difficult to imagine a serious Michael Jackson resurgence in the same way we have seen bands like Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and so on come to prominence among the teenagers of today. Any kind of resurgence would be plagued with irony and both intentional and unintentional humour. In his later years, Michael Jackson became a parody of himself and a large scale joke.

f5bae790701e158e6622c13453045f3b.png

Prince. That man could fucking shred

I'm only recently coming around to appreciating Prince so I don't have a good opinion. He's fucking good though.
I'm in the same boat. I actually owe it Sherdog for exposing me to him. I think it was @Seano who posted the video that I posted above. That really opened my eyes.

Prince could dance as well. Michael Jackson’s dancing was more original, but I’m not sure if MJ choreographed all of the videos or not. Neither were vocal giants. Michael Jackson’s songs had more mass appeal, but I would put Prince’s Nothing Compares to You as a composition over anything written by Michael Jackson.

Prince will also live on through the ridiculous amount of artists he wrote hit songs for. A lot of people do not realize he wrote the Bangles hit Manic Monday as well as hits for Alicia Keys, Cyndi Lauper, Madonna, Stevie Nicks and even Kenny Rogers.

I think many people now are starting to realize how talented Prince was.

I don't understand your question

They are black in tbat photo you posted. African American. Did you post the wrong photo by mistake? I was joking that with the photo you posted perhaps their is a trick to make them look Israeli.

Speaking of dudes who had their nuts cut off as children to maintain a high vocal range.

Let's break this down:

Prince is overrated song wise

Wholeheartedly agree.

Talent wise he was on MJs level

In terms of musicianship, Prince was infinite leagues beyond Jackson. There's a reason you never saw MJ playing as much as a harmonica live on stage. Prince was a highly skilled, multi-instrumentalist.

But MJ has the better songs by a landslide

Yes. MJ's best beats Prince's best IMO. Though this is a matter of one's subjective musical tastes. I would rather hear Rock With You than 1999, that's for fucking sure. (Hell, I would even say the Jackson 5 had some singles that were better than anything Prince ever put on the charts.)

But let's also note that MJ's best songs were either written entirely or co-written and arranged by people not named Michael Jackson.

Jackson was just an international mega star who had his pick of the best songwriters and hitmakers in the business. With Prince you always knew where the buck stopped, for better or for worse.

I was debating going down there some time over the next few weeks. Now I'm not sure I will seeing as though it'll be chore coming back in as long as caravan is chilling.
Don't do it. They'll find you way too pretty.

How is this even a vote? MJ is the better artist, although I'd rather party with Prince.

Prince was a much better songwriter and musician (not that MJ wasn't great), and apparently a much better basketball player. MJ could kick Prince's ass probably and was a better dancer, and put on bigger shows.

They are black in tbat photo you posted. African American. Did you post the wrong photo by mistake? I was joking that with the photo you posted perhaps their is a trick to make them look Israeli.

Israelis and Israelites are two different people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back