WAR ROOM LOUNGE V25: MJ vs Prince

which be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, opinions about his guitar playing are kind of all over the place. That's a hell of a compliment though.

My mistake. Apparantly that was a fake Clapton quote made up when Prince died. That sucks.

Clapton DID say Purple Rain changed his life in the 80s when he was on drugs and booze and inspired him to write again.

I was born in 93 so I have no idea what it was like when they were at their heights( I'm guessing 80's) but one thing I do know is that they probably got so many bitches. Like bitches were probably nothing to them and were as trivial as going to the store and picking up a loaf of bread. I bet either of them could have said "I'll date any girl willing to suck my toe" and would probably have thousands of girls lined up clawing each others eyes out just to get within licking distance of the toe. I wish I could have bitches go crazy for me like that, I would just be swimming in them all day

Wow, opinions about his guitar playing are kind of all over the place. That's a hell of a compliment though.
Prince could read and write music. Played several instruments, one of his albums was ALL him, layered instrumentation, vocals, etc.

MJ beatboxed his songs into a tape recorder and made his band play them from his beatboxing. Couldn’t read sheet music at all.

Musically Prince all the way, but he was not the king in the least and got thoroughly trounced

Is there any truth that MJs parents cut his balls off when he was young so he could keep his voice? Joe Rogan swears its true that an autopsy showed MJ didnt have testicles.

Prince seemed like the biggest gay yet could steal your chick and bang her and there was nothing you could do about it.

Prince on guitar skills (which are among the best of all time) alone

I was born in 93 so I have no idea what it was like when they were at their heights( I'm guessing 80's) but one thing I do know is that they probably got so many bitches. Like bitches were probably nothing to them and were as trivial as going to the store and picking up a loaf of bread. I bet either of them could have said "I'll date any girl willing to suck my toe" and would probably have thousands of girls lined up clawing each others eyes out just to get within licking distance of the toe. I wish I could have bitches go crazy for me like that, I would just be swimming in them all day

Good stuff.

BTW, off topic here, but the first suggestion on "why do people like the" is "office." Interesting. It's good, IMO.

A lot of the top guitarists say prince was the best among mainstream - and these are serious rock guys and people like Joe bonamassa

Neither

6mosBEt.gif

As a performer, and all around enigma though...MJ by a comfortable margin.

For my listening enjoyment this is worth more than the entire MJ catalog. Part of me always wants to skip the talky-talky, but it really sets the tone for what's about to be unleashed.

This is one of the most epic romance songs ever written. Prince's vocal range is incredible.

e303bdfb5a2161941e22510571eafd00.gif

prince-joker.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back