WAR ROOM LOUNGE V25: MJ vs Prince

which be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds pretty good to me. Definitely hear where Petrucci got a lot of stuff from. Impressive technique for the time period, but I don't think he'd hold up to what's propped up since in shred.

Holdsworth is more ''transcendental'' than he is a virtuoso. It just so happened that his instrument was the guitar. If you ask me, that's why I don't listen to shred anymore. A lot of it is just solving the problems of the instrument. Many things like arpeggios or scalar passages are trivial on a different instrument (like the piano) but if you can sweep or slant pick you can be a ''god,'' or at least that used to be the case. Any serious pianist is expected to be able to do this

If it's not that the music is so wonderful, but it's just that it's particularly challenging on that instrument I just didn't see the point in listening to it anymore. For example, I don't listen to this piece anymore either lol

Did Prince have a video game?

T0VU9X3.jpg

Checkmate

Michael Jackson was cool when you were a child. If you matured, then you realized Prince was the man. Michael Jackson's music is not exactly panting dropping. You play Prince's music when you want to set the mood for sexing. Michael Jackson had a videogame for children, but Prince had the Purple Rain movie featuring Apollonia Kotero's titties.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f42525150433265487479386b42413d3d2d34332e3135333438366163393735376334633033383832323431383237372e676966

Screen-Shot-2016-05-06-at-6.54.35-AM.png

giphy.gif

Michael Jackson was cool when you were a child. If you matured, then you realized Prince was the man. Michael Jackson's music is not exactly panting dropping. You play Prince's music when you want to set the mood for sexing. Michael Jackson had a videogame for children, but Prince had the Purple Rain movie featuring Apollonia Kotero's titties.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f42525150433265487479386b42413d3d2d34332e3135333438366163393735376334633033383832323431383237372e676966

Screen-Shot-2016-05-06-at-6.54.35-AM.png

giphy.gif

Michael Jackson produced the most infectious music in history. There is no "maturing" beyond his music. If you loved MJs music as a child you loved it as an adult.

Of course Princes calling was specifically to pervert and confuse the masses sexually. So if that's the mood, or spirit, you're trying to introduce and generate then Prince is your guy. But that doesn't make his music better or more mature.

Michael Jackson produced the most infectious music in history. There is no "maturing" beyond his music. If you loved MJs music as a child you loved it as an adult.

Of course Princes calling was specifically to pervert and confuse the masses sexually. So if that's the mood, or spirit, you're trying to introduce and generate then Prince is your guy. But that doesn't make his music better or more mature.

Michael Jackson is good in the way Home Alone was a good movie. If you liked Michael's music as a child, then you will still appreciate it as an adult.

media_l_1318785.jpg

Princes calling was specifically to pervert and confuse the masses sexually.

That is awesome.

{<redford}

I voted MJ for the dancing.

Prince played all his own instruments, and Eric Clapton once called him the greatest guitarist alive, so obviously, Prince gets the nod on musicianship.

But Michael Jackson's music videos are high points in pop music history. And his songs were great.

MJ is more than a musician, he is an icon of the 80s and early 90s, he is like the Michael Jordan of pop music.

Is there any connection here with the cabal of satanic pedophiles who rule the world or is this something completely separate?

Weird off-topic thread.

But its certainly an interesting news, gonna keep tabs on it, its likely that the TJ man was a dealer and they killed them all or maybe at the party a cartel member high on drugs go psycho on them. Who knows, but overall it isnt a good idea to kill Americans as it draws heat from law enforcement.

Exactly that is why I find it strange. A couple of my guys I was training at got popped right at the border a few year back. My guy was messing around with a cartel guys wife. When he died it drew a lot of hear.

MJ is more than a musician, he is an icon of the 80s and early 90s, he is like the Michael Jordan of pop music.

Michael Jackson was innovative and iconic for his time, but I don't see his music being as appreciated as time goes by. He is like a Little Richie or Chuck Berry who were influential and are well respected, but nobody really listens to them anymore. Prince's music will be appreciated for a longer time.

Michael Jackson was innovative and iconic for his time, but I don't see his music being as appreciated as time goes by. He is like a Little Richie or Chuck Berry who were influential and are well respected, but nobody really listens to them anymore. Prince's music will be appreciated for a longer time.

Every musician will be less appreciated as time goes by.

MJ is still going to be far more of an icon than Prince.

How is this even a vote? MJ is the better artist, although I'd rather party with Prince.

Every musician will be less appreciated as time goes by.

MJ is still going to be far more of an icon than Prince.

Sure he will be considered a bigger icon. So will Britney Spears, but that doesn’t make them more talented. They were just more popular and had catchy pop songs.

Prince was far more talented than either. He produced music that evoked far more emotion. Michael Jackson just made you want to dance and snap your fingers.

Sure he will be considered a bigger icon. So will Britney Spears, but that doesn’t make them more talented. They were just more popular and had catchy pop songs.

Prince was far more talented than either. He produced music that evoked far more emotion. Michael Jackson just made you want to dance and snap your fingers.
There's a reason other than rhyming that Brad Paisley mentions Prince by name in his song "Last Time for Everything":

Biscuits and gravy at momma's house
(Last time for everything)
Spring break on a fold out coach
Little Jimmy on the Opry stage
Hearing Prince sing "Purple Rain"

Prince has a wider variety of talents bit what has Prince mastered as well as MJ mastered singing and dancing? He's on the GOAT list for both.

Darling Nikki and Billie Jean are both about them selling their souls FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back