WAR ROOM LOUNGE V25: MJ vs Prince

which be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One descends from Abraham and the other from the Khazars. Two different people.
I find it annoying when Americans refer to every black person as an African-American.

I find it annoying when Americans refer to every black person as an African-American.

My general rule is call people what they want to be called, but I cringe when Americans refer to non-American blacks as "African-American" because they're so used to mentally translating "black" to "AA."

Dancing and performing require talent and is an art.

MJ was the superior performer and the GOAT dancer.
But Prince was the superior musician by far.

I voted Prince but honestly I can really appreciate the reason MJ should win as well. As far as entertainment and accessibility and legacy.

My general rule is call people what they want to be called, but I cringe when Americans refer to non-American blacks as "African-American" because they're so used to mentally translating "black" to "AA."

What's even worse is when people equate all so called blacks worth Africans. In their minds everyone with melanin are the same people from the same place.

The Khazar hypothesis is that Ashkenazi jews are descended from Turkic people in the Khazar Khanate who converted to Judaism in the 7th or 8th century. It's largely been refuted, but let's pretend it hasn't for the purpose of this conversation.

The problem is that the Khazar hypothesis isn't even relevant to most Israelis.
The majority of Israeli Jews are not Ashkenazi. 61% of Israelis are from within the mizrahi/maghrabi/sephardic groups.

And even the Khazar hypothesis relies on a core of diaspora'd "Israelites" entering the kingdom prior to the conversion.

I am that shredhead so thanks for the elbow in the face. Don't know of the top of my head who Holdsworth is. In terms of composition, one interesting observation is that Buckethead, long time candidate for best shredder, has an enormous discography of relatively acclaimed musically (not just technically, but there's that too) gripping stuff. And he's just getting better imo: this is 2 or 3 years old for instance.

Great stuff.

I've seen Buckethead live a few times (a long time ago), dude is awesome. A couple times with Les Claypool and the Flying Frog Brigade. Some weird concerts with both deadheads and mosh pits lmao.

I refuse to use the term African American. I just go with black. If a black person is born here they are just as American as I am. If we give them a prefix, every person in America should have one as well.

Neither are black though...

And only about half of all Israelis even have Ashkeanzi blood, if Ashkenazi are Khezars. What about the Sephardi and Mizrahi? They're certainly not Khezars.

I refuse to use the term African American. I just go with black. If a black person is born here they are just as American as I am. If we give them a prefix, every person in America should have one as well.

What if that person doesn't have black skin?

The Khazar hypothesis is that Ashkenazi jews are descended from Turkic people in the Khazar Khanate who converted to Judaism in the 7th or 8th century. It's largely been refuted, but let's pretend it hasn't for the purpose of this conversation.

The problem is that the Khazar hypothesis isn't even relevant to most Israelis.
The majority of Israeli Jews are not Ashkenazi. 61% of Israelis are from within the mizrahi/maghrabi/sephardic groups.

And even the Khazar hypothesis relies on a core of diaspora'd "Israelites" entering the kingdom prior to the conversion.

I suppose that can all be debated but what can't be debated is that they are not the people of the book.

Neither are black though...

And only about half of all Israelis even have Ashkeanzi blood, if Ashkenazi are Khezars. What about the Sephardi and Mizrahi? They're certainly not Khezars.

Those are Spaniards, Persians, and Babylonians...according to wiki.

And Israelites are so called black/brown.

What's even worse is when people equate all so called blacks worth Africans. In their minds everyone with melanin are the same people from the same place.

Where else did black people originate from? It was Africa wasn't it?

That's what I was taught. If you have any knowledge on the subject I'd gladly listen.

Where else did black people originate from? It was Africa wasn't it?

That's what I was taught. If you have any knowledge on the subject I'd gladly listen.

Well we are taught that the first human beings came out of Africa so if we're going by that narrative then everyone is from Africa including so called white people. But for thousands of years so called black people and 'negros' have been all over the place.

Israelites refers to descendants of Abraham. Abraham came from Ur in Babylon (modern Iraq). Brown is vague and can refer to people all over from the Americas, to the Middle East, to Polynesia. But Babylonians weren't black, and neither were/are Israelites.

I suppose that can all be debated but what can't be debated is that they are not the people of the book.
I'm pretty sure that we are debating it now, so it clearly can.

You're conflating location post-diaspora with heritage.

Anyways, Mizrahi-Israelis include communities that have been in the geographic region of Israel since the kingdom of Israel.

Israelites refers to descendants of Abraham. Abraham came from Ur in Babylon (modern Iraq). Brown is vague and can refer to people all over from the Americas, to the Middle East, to Polynesia. But Babylonians weren't black, and neither were/are Israelites.

That's all well and good bit none of that makes them the people of the book and of Abraham. And none of that shows that Israelites weren't black as well as brown.

Speaking of dudes who had their nuts cut off as children to maintain a high vocal range.

Part of me wonders if Harris, Axl Rose, and other guys like them from the 80s have the vocal range they do from smoking like 3 packs of cigarettes a day and just trashing their throats.

Even dude's like Paisley have a decent vocal range when they want (time stamped specifically for the part where he talks about Prince singing Purple Rain):

All I know is if you stare at one of @N13 ‘s fortune cookies for 5 minutes before looking at it, they turn into lizards.
Did I give you a cookie yet?

IF no, want one?

I'm pretty sure that we are debating it now, so it clearly can.

That was a figure of speech

Anyways, Mizrahi-Israelis include communities that have been in the geographic region of Israel since the kingdom of Israel.

Israelites were scattered all over the world tho. And much like Biblical identities have been switched around so too have locations. Utah mirrors the description of the promise land better than the middle east. The Mississippi River and many of the cities and landmarks match Egypt and the Nile very closely. Pyramids, hieroglyphs...all over here also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back