WAR ROOM LOUNGE V17: The Stuff Under Your You-Know-What

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead and choose a different moderator, then. Or are you going to go back on your word?
I have no interest in posting under your name because I can't mimic retards that good.
Maybe Robert De Niro or Sean Penn could but that's not where my talents lay.

Most advanced society in the world. Chuck spears. Ok.

I couldn't get over that whole aspect. I get that it was to remain tradition but it still came across as cheesy. Cool film otherwise.

writing about some super advanced civilization is so hard because its impossible to realize all the butterfly effects of its existence.

like Wakanda has more advanced weaponry(capabilities?) and the technology to basically solve all the world's problems, but they're hiding...<{vega}>

I have no interest in posting under your name because I can't mimic retards that good.
Maybe Robert De Niro or Sean Penn could but that's not where my talents lay.
Then why did you accept the account bet?

Didn't notice the spear chucking aspect. I've seen other people make that comment but it seemed to fit the film and the fantasy culture just fine.
Superhero characters have those kinds of weapons because they are more fun to watch and lend themselves to more interesting and dynamic fight scenes than relying only on guns. You can do gun play well too but people associate superheros with punching and kicking which works less well with gun play than hammers and shields and spears.

Superhero characters have those kinds of weapons because they are more fun to watch and lend themselves to more interesting and dynamic fight scenes than relying only on guns. You can do gun play well too but people associate superheros with punching and kicking which works less well with gun play than hammers and shields and spears.
I'm sorry, that kind of sensible thinking doesn't work for my racial meme.

Finally watched Black Panther. I was frustrated with the pacing, the shallow dialogue, and most of the clunky exposition. Really liked the themes explored, this should have been a four-hour epic to do it right though.
They also skimped on the CGI. The final battle looked whack.

Well then why do the star wars goofs have light sabers instead of guns? Oh wait, I think you actually answered that...

They also skimped on the CGI. The final battle looked whack.
I thought the fight in the mine was good, but the big battle on the plains was a little too small. Also, I wasn't feeling the fighter pilot stuff.

Well then why do the star wars goofs have light sabers instead of guns? Oh wait, I think you actually answered that...
Because the Jedi were shameful white European swordsman stereotypes obv.

I thought the fight in the mine was good, but the big battle on the plains was a little too small. Also, I wasn't feeling the fighter pilot stuff.
Oof. The mine was the worst part to me. Everything looked like CGI. I know it was, but it really really looked like it.

Compare that to the fight on Titan in Infinity War. That shit was all CGI too, but it looked fantastic.

Oof. The mine was the worst part to me. Everything looked like CGI. I know it was, but it really really looked like it.

Compare that to the fight on Titan in Infinity War. That shit was all CGI too, but it looked fantastic.
Looked fine on my monitor.

btw DL Hughley put out a pretty solid hour on Netflix, "Contrarian"

I had forgotten about him.

BP-Tech-MagLev.gif

espero-que-eles-se-lembrem-de-vc.gif

That bottom gif doesn't do much for me, the effects are just hidden by low contrast and filters right? It looks coherent but it doesn't look any less obviously fake.
It appears to be a lush and deeper background. It's easier for me to suspend disbelief here.

The train, and background don't provide the necessary depth to mimic reality, imo.

It appears to be a lush and deeper background. It's easier for me to suspend disbelief here.

The train, and background don't provide the necessary depth to mimic reality, imo.
I don't see it the same. The background in the Infinity Wars gif looks flat to me. When I get around to watching it I'll let you know if seeing it properly changes my mind.

I don't see it the same. The background in the Infinity Wars gif looks flat to me. When I get around to watching it I'll let you know if seeing it properly changes my mind.
You haven't watched Infinity War yet!?!

That bottom gif doesn't do much for me, the effects are just hidden by low contrast and filters right? It looks coherent but it doesn't look any less obviously fake.
I know its a cliche at this point but I really am tired of the reliance on CGI over practical effects. The sad thing is its not even cheaper and nor do they even forego practical effects entirely, they still use them to give the actors a frame of reference but then they use CGI over all of it in the post-production.

Jurassic Park's effects still hold up mostly to this day IMO and its because of the sparing use of both instead of filming half the fucking movie in front of a green screen.
You haven't watched Infinity War yet!?!
Its capeshit, not must watch cinema. I saw it and surprisingly liked it but I wouldn't rate it that highly.

I know its a cliche at this point but I really am tired of the reliance on CGI over practical effects. The sad thing is its not even cheaper and nor do they even forego practical effects entirely, they still use them to give the actors a frame of reference but then they use CGI over all of it in the post-production.

Jurassic Park's effects still hold up mostly to this day IMO and its because of the sparing use of both instead of filming half the fucking movie in front of a green screen.

Its capeshit, not must watch cinema. I saw it and surprisingly liked it but I wouldn't rate it that highly.
Yeah, but you're a denigrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back