WAR ROOM LOUNGE V17: The Stuff Under Your You-Know-What

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're downing on ol' BJ, you guys should rewatch Penn-Hughes 1...it has not held up. The movement and jits in that fight is as clunky and outdated as the sound editing from '89 Batman. They're also quite slow. It's not even a good fight by today's standards, despite being a classic that had me leaping through my own ceiling with joy when Penn finished him.

His short run at LW is significantly better. Also, he beat Edgar in that stupid fucking Abu Dhabi event that was one travesty after another.

I wonder if MMA will be the one sport where the first greats don't become the all-time greats. The sport is evolving so rapidly that we've seen dudes rise, look unbeatable, and then chewed up all in a few years. We still haven't had the first generation of first-and-foremost mixed martial artists, or maybe that wave is just beginning.

I have about as much interest in a Penn fight in 2018 as I do seeing Tito/Chuck III.

th
That should be added to the smiley list.

Also, he beat Edgar in that stupid fucking Abu Dhabi event.

<{monica}>

Edgar is a better fighter than Penn, but he didn't beat Penn in Abu Dhabi.
Asshole remark:
"Officially he did"

I frankly was shitfaced for that card so I don't remember the AD fight that well.

Asshole remark:
"Officially he did"

I frankly was shitfaced for that card so I don't remember the AD fight that well.
Shitfaced would have been the best way to watch that one. It also had the Maia-Silva snooze circus and Hughes blatantly jobbing against Renzo.

Yeah...but video is cut and dry. They murdered him.

This is a blip on the radar. Domestic dispute turns deadly. Meh.

Maybe it's the no shirt and man boobs?

Alternatively, it's my fault for banning the troll that started the thread and was driving the conversation.

I wonder if MMA will be the one sport where the first greats don't become the all-time greats. The sport is evolving so rapidly that we've seen dudes rise, look unbeatable, and then chewed up all in a few years. We still haven't had the first generation of first-and-foremost mixed martial artists, or maybe that wave is just beginning.
Weren't guys like Rory and Jones considered "first generation of first and foremost mixed martial artists"?

and if the sport is evolving so rapidly, why have so many of the older generation been holding the belt at HW?

Hunt at 43 beat the Black Beast, was 43 year old Hunt super evolved?

Bisping was 37 when he became champ, was he super evolved?

DC is almost 40 and holds 2 belts, is he super evolved?

etc

Unless you are talking about Mike Perry losing or something?

Whomever merged the Rosenstein thread merged it into the old Mueller investigation thread, which is locked.

Also, that thread isn't actually about the investigation, and shouldn't have been merged.

@Ruprecht
@Madmick

Weren't guys like Rory and Jones considered "first generation of first and foremost mixed martial artists"?

and if the sport is evolving so rapidly, why have so many of the older generation been holding the belt at HW?

Hunt at 43 beat the Black Beast, was 43 year old Hunt super evolved?

Bisping was 37 when he became champ, was he super evolved?

DC is almost 40 and holds 2 belts, is he super evolved?

etc

Unless you are talking about Mike Perry losing or something?
To be fair..... HW is one of those weight classes that seems to evolve slowest compared to other weightclasses plus when everyone can KO everyone else...

@MiniCraque I'm nearly through the 4th season of The Americans. It's pretty good. Very, very well-acted. Both leads would be deserving Emmy winners. And, even more, the actor that plans Stan and the actress who plays Martha are both outstanding acting performances. And Dylan Baker is always solid in all his roles - he deserves to have a Bryan Cranston-esque coming out role to really show his stuff.

But you were right about the daughter becoming a giant pain in the ass. Just watched the mugging episode where she bitched and whined about her mom killing a guy who was about to rape her at knife point.

And McConnell just told a conservative crowd today to not worry because, no matter what, Kavanaugh would be approved - that the party would "plow through this." He's openly saying they don't care if the allegations are legitimate or not.

It adds to my longstanding opinion that Mitch McConnell is perhaps the most despicable and loathsome figure in modern American political history and that he has no redeeming qualities or accomplishments whatsoever. There's really no fate sufficiently torturous for that sagging cunt.

Heyooo

@Jack V Savage

Ahem.

Again, stop accepting "facts" just because they are repeated in the mainstream media ad infinitum. Think deeper, be skeptical of methodology.

Going back to the MMA/Muay Thai gym tonight since a pro boxer friend is back in town and hit me and a bunch of the old "crew" up to be training and sparring partners for an upcoming fight of his.

I'm going to get my ass kicked by dudes that have only been doing this for 3-4 months aren't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back