Valentina- "If you dont want to fight, you have to leave the belt"

Right. I dont really have an issue w nicco,but if im val im callin her out. She wants that belt,she wants it now and it sows seeds of discord the longer she waits. Pressures on.

I'm fine with Nicco taking another couple of months or whatever, but like I said if you're a brand new champ then it shouldn't take you a year to get around to your first defense.

I'm fine with Nicco taking another couple of months or whatever, but like I said if you're a brand new champ then it shouldn't take you a year to get around to your first defense.
We saw what happened with yair. Thr trap door button can go off at any time.

Seems like the first champ at 125 is acting a lot like the first champ at 145...

If she's doing that the ufc will strip her. It's not like she has any leverage. What confuses me is where people think she's making money sitting out and it's some conspiracy.

She's champ of a division nobody gives a shit about. She's not making any money sitting out. I'm sure she wants to get back to fighting. It's not like she got fuck you money for beating Roxxy.

I would be curious to know actually exactly what perks have come along with being champ for her.

It's a new division that even most MMA fans are barely even aware of, but still, she has a belt and I'd have to think that at least SOME kind of sponsorship dollars have come along with that. She hasn't gotten her own Modelo commercial or anything, but I gotta think there's something.

Funny how Val and her PR man Helwani never mention Nicco's broken foot and the fact that she was only able to start road work last week after being unable to run since before her title fight.

FightMatrix:
#1 Shevchenko
#5 Montano

Tapology
#1 Shevchenko
#2 Montano

Sherdog
#2 Shevchenko
#7 Montano

In a division this new, world rankings hold far more value than the UFC's rankings, and Shevchenko is ranked above Montano in all of them.

Here are the unified rankings for mixed martial arts, consistently the best rankings for WMMA. They have Jennifer Maia, the (now former) Invicta champ as #1. When she had her last title defense the day after Montaño was crowned, it was being billed as “the true championship at 125. She’s now in the UFC. Montaño should call her out after her fight with Carmouche.

It's not beneficial to her? She's not getting any younger and she doesn't get paid to sit and wait. This is why she's telling the champ to defend or vacate. I'm trying to understand how you could fault Shevchenko for this? There have been reports that the contract is on the table and Nicco isn't signing. You, a sherdogger, is saying that waiting ain't a big deal but you're not the one sitting around not getting paid.
Here is an article of Nicco claiming that she wants to fight in July. July is 6 weeks away which is the average length of a fight camp. This would indicate she is no longer rehabbing and should be in fight camp and yet she has has not signed the contract. She also goes on to say and I quote “I’ve supplemented my running with biking." If she's running and biking, she's healthy.

https://www.mmaweekly.com/nicco-mon...ses-potential-fight-with-valentina-shevchenko

Those “reports” were reported by F@gwani, and his source was purely Saltchenko’s camp.

I like Nicco. But it looks like ducking and trying to hang on as champ as long as you can.

What exactly would be the purpose of that? She’s not Conor, running around everywhere with the belt calling herself the champ, using the title to leverage more money. She’s not getting paid on the sidelines. Your hypothesis is ridiculous.

Every rankings site and the vast majority of mma fans have Valentina as the number one flyweight in the world.

I know you're just being a contrarian but I'll bite, what does your list look like?

Every rankings site? Wrong, so very wrong. See above.

Val should replace Dana white and implement her ideals as stated in the OP with all these cherry pickin punks

I dont hate nicco either, but like you even admitted the division is shallow as it stands. Why not have the best fighters fight it out
Because according to the champ she's injured. If she's not, then the ufc needs to strip her. If she is shev needs to STFU.

Goddamn you guys make simple things complicated.

Answered your own question....
In this context, the fighter (Shev) would be taking a massive paycut to fight who exactly? Why does taking a fight with a no-name to fight on the prelims make sense when she's literally a signature away from a main/co main event for a title and her biggest pay day of career? She literally made $5k from her reebok sponsorship from I believe $70K from UFC. If she fights for a title that could easily double especially if she's able to go on and defend in a weak division. Would you willingly deny a promotion from your boss? Please explain.

Here are the unified rankings for mixed martial arts, consistently the best rankings for WMMA. They have Jennifer Maia, the (now former) Invicta champ as #1. When she had her last title defense the day after Montaño was crowned, it was being billed as “the true championship at 125. She’s now in the UFC. Montaño should call her out after her fight with Carmouche.

Those “reports” were reported by F@gwani, and his source was purely Saltchenko’s camp.

What exactly would be the purpose of that? She’s not Conor, running around everywhere with the belt calling herself the champ, using the title to leverage more money. She’s not getting paid on the sidelines. Your hypothesis is ridiculous.

Every rankings site? Wrong, so very wrong. See above.
Did you click the link? it was written by Damon Martin and I was quoting Nico...

Because according to the champ she's injured. If she's not, then the ufc needs to strip her. If she is shev needs to STFU.

Shev dont need to stfu. Talking shit aint costin her a dime.

In this context, the fighter (Shev) would be taking a massive paycut to fight who exactly? Why does taking a fight with a no-name to fight on the prelims make sense when she's literally a signature away from a main/co main event for a title and her biggest pay day of career? She literally made $5k from her reebok sponsorship from I believe $70K from UFC. If she fights for a title that could easily double especially if she's able to go on and defend in a weak division. Would you willingly deny a promotion from your boss? Please explain.
if she’s as big a star as her salt miners like to say she is, and the one to really build the division, why would the UFC bury her on the prelims?

Valentina sounds awfully thirsty to be Champion. Perhaps she should’ve actually tried engaging against Nunes.

But since she didn’t want to fight, I guess she had to leave that division.

if she’s as big a star as her salt miners like to say she is, and the one to really build the division, why would the UFC bury her on the prelims?
Well, do you think Shevchenko vs #3 Roxanne Modafferi (non title fight) sounds like a headliner to you?

She's too scared of Valentina's sweet dance moves

I get that Shevchenko wants a title fight ASAP but c'mon. Nicco fought in December. It's been 6 months. A lot of these champs nowadays only fight once a year. Woodley's going on a year which is why they're having an interim but it's not like they're the only ones who do that. DJ, TJ, Max, of course Conor, Bisping all have gone as long or longer without defending.
Nothing is stopping these guys from fighting 3 times a year. All the great champions fought multiple times a year; bones, Silva, DJ, GSP etc. I don’t know who told you guys defending once a year is acceptable. And just recently Woodley defended his belt 3 times in a years period.

I'm doubting the injury excuse

Because no one knew who that Brazilian chick is? And besides Val is the real deal

Back