Valentina- "If you dont want to fight, you have to leave the belt"

And here I feel like people are just assuming. Like really people think someone like Nicco has lucrative sponsors?

Come oooooooon.

My proposition is that she has made SOMETHING in sponsorship money. She's not only a UFC champion but also a TUF winner. Then you have the angle of first Native UFC title holder.

Is your contention that she has made $0 in sponsorship money the TUF finale?

My proposition is that she has made SOMETHING in sponsorship money. She's not only a UFC champion but also a TUF winner. Then you have the angle of first Native UFC title holder.

Is your contention that she has made $0 in sponsorship money the TUF finale?
See that's a bunch of assumptions. You know I'm a reasonable guy. If someone has a link to some facts showing she's making a ton of money being champ, I will do my due diligence and read them.

Lets be real nobody gives a shit about wmma, especially a brand new wmma division. Nobody gives a shit about a first Native American female champ. Natives are not like say hispanics where there is a traceable history of them being super invested in combat sports.

This isn't the old days anymore. Most fighters aren't getting ANY extra sponsorships, just that shit Reebok money. Exceptions are marketable people, DRAWS. That was the reason PVZ had a personal Reebok sponsorship when the other wmma champs and contenders weren't getting anything like that. We are hardcores. That's why we even know who Nicco is. Casuals give negative fucks about her. If she's playing games they will strip her. She has negative leverage.

I'm genuinely interested. What is your issue with Valentina?

he entitled attitude. Her inability to see anything wrong in her last title fight, and that it was all the judges fault.

Honestly, man. I'm not even really a WMMA fan let alone a Shevchenko fan. I'm just tired of seeing champs sit on belts when there's a healthy challenger waiting. Can we at least agree that all of these interim titles, champs getting injured, champs getting stripped or sitting on the belt is bad for the sport? Just keep the divisions moving. That's all I really care to see.

It's one thing if they're just sitting on them. It's another if they have legit health issues, which is Montano's case.

Then, again, the ufc will strip her. Why wouldn't they? She's not s draw. Casuals don't even know who she is.

LOL at a Sherdogger pretending to know the minds of casuals.

Sure but she's making statements and bitching and whining on the daily. I get it. Shut. Up. If you REALLY think she's ducking go tell the ufc brass, not me. It makes her look like a whiny bitch when we have NO confirmation from the ufc that any ducking is going on.
So... you agree that you understand why a fighter would be upset in this situation but also think she needs to shut the fuck up? She's trying to win a world title and get paid. You know what every other contender is doing right now all over social media to get a title shot? NOT shutting the fuck up and calling out the champ.
You know what would shut her up? If Nico signed the contract. Stripping her of the title is bad for a division and the sport. It's the reason why titles don't mean shit anymore.

he entitled attitude. Her inability to see anything wrong in her last title fight, and that it was all the judges fault.

It's one thing if they're just sitting on them. It's another if they have legit health issues, which is Montano's case.

I know they don't care about wmma post Ronda. That requires zero speculation as relatively accurate numbers are available. Putting tons of wmma on the main card is not working for them. The buyrates are through the floor for Nunes. People don't care. They liked the mystique of Ronda armbarring everyone in the first. Not wmma in general.

There is a reason Invicta ppvs are $10, instead of $65. Because literally nobody will pay that to watch two women fight. Blame the market, not me.

So... you agree that you understand why a fighter would be upset in this situation but also think she needs to shut the fuck up? She's trying to win a world title and get paid. You know what every other contender is doing right now all over social media to get a title shot? NOT shutting the fuck up and calling out the champ.
You know what would shut her up? If Nico signed the contract. Stripping her of the title is bad for a division and the sport. It's the reason why titles don't mean shit anymore.
FFS. She ALREADY has the shot. This social media whining isn't selling people on the fight. Nobody gives a shit. It's just whining. Once or twice sure, go ahead and vent. She's being a drama queen and bitching about it nonstop.

The article that you originally replied to me about was an interview with Nico. She claims to want a fight in July. July is 6 weeks from now which is the average length of a fight camp. Still no contract though.
She goes on to say, and I quote “I’ve supplemented my running with biking." If she's running and riding her bike, her foot THAT DID NOT NEED SURGERY is not broken anymore.

FFS. She ALREADY has the shot. This social media whining isn't selling people on the fight. Nobody gives a shit. It's just whining. Once or twice sure, go ahead and vent. She's being a drama queen and bitching about it nonstop.
Dude, you're the one that saying she should just take another fight and just shut the fuck up. You've completely changed your stance and you don't even realize it. The contract is not signed which means SHE DOES NOT HAVE THE FIGHT YET which is why she is still bitching and moaning.

Montano saw what happened to Cookie Monster and is just trying to delay the inevitable and stretch out her "title length" for future training promo etc

Dude, you're the one that saying she should just take another fight and just shut the fuck up. You've completely changed your stance and you don't even realize it. The contract is not signed which means SHE DOES NOT HAVE THE FIGHT YET which is why she is still bitching and moaning.
She's the contender. The ufc has already decided that. The champ is injured. Bitching and whining won't make her less injured. If she really is ducking the ufc will strip her. There's literally no reason not to. She has zero drawing power, thus she has zero leverage.

I know they don't care about wmma post Ronda. That requires zero speculation as relatively accurate numbers are available. Putting tons of wmma on the main card is not working for them. The buyrates are through the floor for Nunes. People don't care. They liked the mystique of Ronda armbarring everyone in the first. Not wmma in general.

There is a reason Invicta ppvs are $10, instead of $65. Because literally nobody will pay that to watch two women fight. Blame the market, not me.

So much ignorance here. PPV numbers are sagging across the board. TV numbers, however, generally favor the women still, post Ronda.

Also, lol at Invicta PPVs. The last Invicta PPV was like 4 years ago. They've been on Fight Pass for years now.
The article that you originally replied to me about was an interview with Nico. She claims to want a fight in July. July is 6 weeks from now which is the average length of a fight camp. Still no contract though.
She goes on to say, and I quote “I’ve supplemented my running with biking." If she's running and riding her bike, her foot THAT DID NOT NEED SURGERY is not broken anymore.

Another ignorant post. At least know what you're talking about before you complain about a fighter. The foot was just the start of it. BTW, if she's just now able to start running again, five months after her last fight, then yes, it indeed was serious. What a moran.

So much ignorance here. PPV numbers are sagging across the board. TV numbers, however, generally favor the women still, post Ronda.

Also, lol at Invicta PPVs. The last Invicta PPV was like 4 years ago. They've been on Fight Pass for years now.

Another ignorant post. At least know what you're talking about before you complain about a fighter. The foot was just the start of it. BTW, if she's just now able to start running again, five months after her last fight, then yes, it indeed was serious. What a moran.
Yes buys are down. WMMA and Mighty Mouse are faaaar below even that average. Hey I get it, I'm one of MM's five fans and you're one of the five wmma fans. I bet we both wish our favorite fighters were more popular, but it is what it is. Casual mma fans are meatheads. They don't want to watch women and they don't want to watch small men.

<Fedor23>

Yes buys are down. WMMA and Mighty Mouse are faaaar below even that average. Hey I get it, I'm one of MM's five fans and you're one of the five wmma fans. I bet we both wish our favorite fighters were more popular, but it is what it is. Casual mma fans are meatheads. They don't want to watch women and they don't want to watch small men.
There's more to the game than ppv buys, though. PPV is a dying model, being held up by strings. Been that way for years.

There's more to the game than ppv buys, though. PPV is a dying model, being held up by strings. Been that way for years.

Hey I don't disagree at all, but that's the model the ufc is sticking to for the moment. Maybe the ESPN deal will be the beginning of some changes, haven't looked into what all it entails yet. Getting tv numbers is important, but you have to be able to sell ppvs too. I put a lot of blame on the ufc there. For a promoter they are shockingly bad at promoting. People tend to overlook the fact that they have NEVER created a star, over all these years. All their draws made themselves.

She's the contender. The ufc has already decided that. The champ is injured. Bitching and whining won't make her less injured. If she really is ducking the ufc will strip her. There's literally no reason not to. She has zero drawing power, thus she has zero leverage.
Well, we've officially have gone in a full circle. I could tag you in the same exact article that I showed you earlier with Nico claiming that she wants the fight in July while also saying "I've supplemented my running with biking" but I got a good feeling you won't read it (again) or even see that it proves her broken foot is healed.

Let me at least ask you this; how long should Shevchenko put her career on hold and wait for the UFC to step in? It's obvious that taking any other fight would be taking a massive pay cut so please don't suggest she just take another fight. I've already gone down that road with you and multiple other in this same thread.

Well, we've officially have gone in a full circle. I could tag you in the same exact article that I showed you earlier with Nico claiming that she wants the fight in July while also saying "I've supplemented my running with biking" but I got a good feeling you won't read it (again) or even see that it proves her broken foot is healed.

Let me at least ask you this; how long should Shevchenko put her career on hold and wait for the UFC to step in? It's obvious that taking any other fight would be taking a massive pay cut so please don't suggest she just take another fight. I've already gone down that road with you and multiple other in this same thread.
Have you ever rehabbed an injury in your life? I have. I broke my leg years ago. The second you can get up and move on it, doesn't mean it's fully healed. Not even close.

As @leto1776 said, just now being able to do normal activities typically means the injury was pretty serious.

Not going to engage in name calling and if you think i was complaining then you misunderstood. Have a good one, kid.

Have you ever rehabbed an injury in your life? I have. I broke my leg years ago. The second you can get up and move on it, doesn't mean it's fully healed. Not even close.

As @leto1776 said, just now being able to do normal activities typically means the injury was pretty serious.
The question is all i really wanted an answer too. How long should Shevchenko put her career on hold?

And if she's the best, she can crush some other girl quick and then still fight Nicco when she's healed. It's only an either or if Shev IS NOT actually the best flyweight in the world, and cannot handle a single opponent before a title shot. That is a large part of the problem I have. She doesn't HAVE to sit out and wait. Uninjured contenders sitting out waiting is as bad as champs sitting on the belt. If you can fight, fight. It's not like they'll push someone else past Shev. It's a new division. There isn't anybody.

The question is all i really wanted an answer too. How long should Shevchenko put her career on hold?
As long as she wants. She isn't entitled to anything. If she feels the wait is too long and the ufc, her employer, does not? Then she can fight someone else. And THEN fight for the belt. Not an either or situation. If she's not good enough to beat someone like Lauren Murphy she never deserved a shot to begin with.

Back