Valentina- "If you dont want to fight, you have to leave the belt"

It's not beneficial to her? She's not getting any younger and she doesn't get paid to sit and wait. This is why she's telling the champ to defend or vacate. I'm trying to understand how you could fault Shevchenko for this? There have been reports that the contract is on the table and Nicco isn't signing. You, a sherdogger, is saying that waiting ain't a big deal but you're not the one sitting around not getting paid.
Here is an article of Nicco claiming that she wants to fight in July. July is 6 weeks away which is the average length of a fight camp. This would indicate she is no longer rehabbing and should be in fight camp and yet she has has not signed the contract. She also goes on to say and I quote “I’ve supplemented my running with biking." If she's running and biking, she's healthy.

https://www.mmaweekly.com/nicco-mon...ses-potential-fight-with-valentina-shevchenko

I like Nicco. But it looks like ducking and trying to hang on as champ as long as you can.

The "2018 Running of the Bullshit" is in full swing I see.

Fapping to River Dance? Eeeesshhhh

Last edited:
This goes for all fighters as well. If you don't have a belt fight or retire. Mma is really slowing down from log jams of people that are waiting for opportunity.

She won 4 out of 8 rounds against bantamweight champion, who had like 20+ pounds on her. That's definitely something.

And beat the #1 and #2 contenders at 135. And the number five contender with eight days notice when she was on vacation in Bali.

All while walking around at the same weight some straw weights cut from. Fuck, she was 133 for her fight against Sarah Kaufman.

It's not beneficial to her? She's not getting any younger and she doesn't get paid to sit and wait. This is why she's telling the champ to defend or vacate. I'm trying to understand how you could fault Shevchenko for this? There have been reports that the contract is on the table and Nicco isn't signing. You, a sherdogger, is saying that waiting ain't a big deal but you're not the one sitting around not getting paid.
Here is an article of Nicco claiming that she wants to fight in July. July is 6 weeks away which is the average length of a fight camp. This would indicate she is no longer rehabbing and should be in fight camp and yet she has has not signed the contract. She also goes on to say and I quote “I’ve supplemented my running with biking." If she's running and biking, she's healthy.

https://www.mmaweekly.com/nicco-mon...ses-potential-fight-with-valentina-shevchenko
Man you really found some way to be confused by my incredibly straight forward post? Ok then. If she's faking or milking he injury then it's on the ufc to strip her, and I'm sure they will do so. They don't care about Nico. Until her bosses handle the situation, shut up or take a fight if you're broke. If you're really a title contender you can take a single fight in the division without whining and crying someone is ducking you.

We've seen champs injured for years at a time, yet she's whining about a champ that won her belt less than six months ago. In an archaic tourney format that saw her fight several times in weeks. No shit she probably has injuries to rehab. Most champs BARELY fight twice a year. The level of criticism based purely on heresay, is ridiculous.

Last edited:
There's a top-15 on UFC's website, which has Valentina as #1 for some weird reason...

Every rankings site and the vast majority of mma fans have Valentina as the number one flyweight in the world.

I know you're just being a contrarian but I'll bite, what does your list look like?

Its not like 125 is so deep and and has fighters with name value.

@Mike probably a Nicco fan. But 125 isnt exactly deep or has anyone with name value. Schevchenko has waited 6 months for Nicco to shit or get off the pot.

We all have given other fighters heat for doing the same nonsense that Nicco is doing now

Nah I'm this weird thing foreign to sherdog called a reasonable, rational person. I don't give two shits about wmma, it sucks outside of like 4 fighters. So no, not really a Nicco fan. I just don't hate her for no reason.

I like Nicco. But it looks like ducking and trying to hang on as champ as long as you can.
I honestly haven't seen her fight and did not watch TUF so I can't really judge. All I know about her is she won the title through TUF and she got into it with Ariel on social media. As a fan, I'm just sick of seeing champs sit on their belt while challengers waste away or fight each other for a damn interim belt. Keep the divisions moving is what I care about now.

I know you're just being a contrarian but I'll bite, what does your list look like?

Champion: Someone
1. ????
2. ????
3. ????
4. ????
5. ????
6. ????
7. ????
8. ????
9. ????
10. ????
11. ????
12. ????
13. ????
14. ????
15. Valentina Shevchenko

I get that Shevchenko wants a title fight ASAP but c'mon. Nicco fought in December. It's been 6 months. A lot of these champs nowadays only fight once a year. Woodley's going on a year which is why they're having an interim but it's not like they're the only ones who do that. DJ, TJ, Max, of course Conor, Bisping all have gone as long or longer without defending.
She wants that belt,put the pressure on. Shes making this girl look like shes ducking her. This is exactly what she should do.

I honestly haven't seen her fight and did not watch TUF so I can't really judge. All I know about her is she won the title through TUF and she got into it with Ariel on social media. As a fan, I'm just sick of seeing champs sit on their belt while challengers waste away or fight each other for a damn interim belt. Keep the divisions moving is what I care about now.

Agreed.

Man you really fund some way to be confused by my incredibly straight forward post? Ok then. If she's faking or milking he injury then it's on the ufc to strip her, and I'm sure they will do so. They don't care about Nico. Until her bosses handle the situation, shut up or take a fight if you're broke. If you're really a title contender you can take a single fight in the division without whining and crying someone is ducking you.

We've seen champs injured for years at a time, yet she's whining about a champ that won her belt less than six months ago. In an archaic tourney format that saw her fight several times in weeks. No shit she probably has injuries to rehab. Most champs BARELY fight twice a year. The level of criticism based purely on heresay, is ridiculous.
How could you not see the problem with what you are saying right now? "the UFC will probably strip Nico... Shevchenko should just stop complaining and take another fight". Do you not see that this makes 0 sense???? It shouldn't even get to the point of stripping the champ because champs are supposed to defend the title. You wouldn't happen to be a Mcgregor fan, would you?

Her biggest payday is on the table and she is only waiting for Nico to sign the contract. It will be on a main even/co main event slot. If she took another fight it would be for substantially less money against a no name on the prelims. Why would she shoot herself in the foot and take a pay cut to fight someone else? That would be equal to denying a promotion from your boss.

"We've seen champs injured for years at a time". Did you not fully read my reply or the article I provided? She's biking and running right now. Sure sounds like to me her foot THAT DIDN'T EVEN NEED SURGERY is healed now.

Please make a list of fighters that willingly denied themselves a title fight along with their biggest paycheck to go "fight someone else".
Got a strong feeling we're only going in circles from here on out and if that's the case let me just say that all I want to see is champs defend their titles. I'm sick and tired of interim title fights, champs getting stripped and watching contenders waste away because the champ refuses to defend. #1 contenders taking other fights because the champ won't defend (whether it's due to injury or any other reason) hurts the division and the sport. Just keep the divisions moving is all I want to see.

Nah I'm this weird thing foreign to sherdog called a reasonable, rational person. I don't give two shits about wmma, it sucks outside of like 4 fighters. So no, not really a Nicco fan. I just don't hate her for no reason.

I dont hate nicco either, but like you even admitted the division is shallow as it stands. Why not have the best fighters fight it out

Keep in mind shevchenko struggled to find a person who would even accept a fight against her at flyweight to begin with.

It’s similar to the position khabib was in at lightweight. Once Valentina wins the belt, then ppl will finally agree to face her. Until then, she has dominance over the division psychologically until it grows stronger

Ya killin me here @Mike

<JerryWWF>

If i were a mod id give ya some double yellows to chill your shit

These opinions is exactly why Bullet should call her out. Put her on the spot.

Should Val be all "its ok baby whenever your ready" ?

I'm fine with her calling Nicco out. Mike is right that a lot of champs take longer--sometimes much longer--than six month in between defenses, and that is something to keep in mind, but I do think that when you're a brand new champ you should be on a shorter leash and your first attempt should come pretty quickly.

Say what you will about Ronda, but she defended her belt.

She won the belt in 2012 and her first defense was five months later. And she regularly fought two to three times a year until she lost.

I'm fine with her calling Nicco out. Mike is right that a lot of champs take longer--sometimes much longer--than six month in between defenses, and that is something to keep in mind, but I do think that when you're a brand new champ you should be on a shorter leash and your first attempt should come pretty quickly.

Say what you will about Ronda, but she defended her belt.

She won the belt in 2012 and her first defense was five months later. And she regularly fought two to three times a year until she lost.
Right. I dont really have an issue w nicco,but if im val im callin her out. She wants that belt,she wants it now and it sows seeds of discord the longer she waits. Pressures on.

Back