US Tourism down, AKA Trump Slump

Aa someone who worked in a restaurant most people worked there while getting an education. Like most Americans they were not given their fathers business that had over a billion in assets, so they had to work while in college
I wasn't given my father's business, his father was a janitor so he obviously wasn't given his father's business either. I went to school on scholarship and worked labor jobs in the summers. It's pretty damn low to blame the president for a drop in tourism. There is literally nothing the guy has done that would make tourism any better or worse.

Work an extra shift here and there? I worked as a server on I-Drive in Orlando during my first degree. I’d pull 16 hour days with a stack of index cards in my apron. Not a big deal except for the Brits who didn’t tip at all. Started doing Auto-Gratuity on all those fuckers even without a party of 6-8.

I worked a couple shifts as a bartender over at the TGIFridays and the Fridays Front Row on I-Drive. Mostly for their Employee Christmas parties.
The Front Row is a Spanish Restaurant now. Hated working over there because of the cheap ass Brits. The Front Row got a nice restaurant worker pop late at night, which made up for the cheap ass Brits.

Lol. Maybe stuck up europeans from western europe dont go becausw Trump. But those same idiots want to go to morocco or algeria. I dont like US really but even i want to visit and can see it is very beautiful country.

People from 3rd and 2nd world countries still want to.

Doubt it has much to do with Trump. We will certainly still be going to the US for 4 weeks next year.

My parents had $0 when they migrated from a shithole and I have never once in my life complained about people being wealthier than me because I'm not a fucking pussy.

Grow a spine and have some respect for yourself.
Unwad your panties.
Read the post I was replying too. He stated get an education and stop waitressing.
I was pointing out I worked with lots of people in restaurants who were living the American dream by working hard and putting themselves through school.
So its OK that that poster can complain about people living the American dream?

How do you know it is Trump? It could be the rise of the intolerant radical left and hate groups like BLM. We have seen attendance drop in NFL due to similar things with the ignorant racist players.

{<jordan}

Please go ahead and try to explain those statements.

It also has more to do with the strengthen dollar compared to the other major currencies . Look at the euro it's down massively in compared to the dollar.
Be mad at Trump, but now t abiut made up stuff

The tax reform that will blow up our budget. The numbers used to justify the cuts relied on unsustainable numbers. Trump has added to the deficit.
The NK deal is not a done deal yet. I give him credit for making an effort but it is not done yet.

Tax reform was necessary. Tax inequality is the biggest issue in America IMO. When 1% pay like 40% of federal income taxes and 10% pay 70% of taxes something needs to be done. This isn’t a fix to the injustice however it’s a step in the right direction. If the USA could stop policing the world with unnecessary spending and stop the bullshit entitlements like Medicaid maybe we could balance the budget better.

I worked a couple shifts as a bartender over at the TGIFridays and the Fridays Front Row on I-Drive. Mostly for their Employee Christmas parties.
The Front Row is a Spanish Restaurant now. Hated working over there because of the cheap ass Brits. The Front Row got a nice restaurant worker pop late at night, which made up for the cheap ass Brits.

I actually worked right next door at Uno’s and a couple other places. I used to go into Friday’s for drinks after work.

Tax reform was necessary. Tax inequality is the biggest issue in America IMO. When 1% pay like 40% of federal income taxes and 10% pay 70% of taxes something needs to be done. This isn’t a fix to the injustice however it’s a step in the right direction. If the USA could stop policing the world with unnecessary spending and stop the bullshit entitlements like Medicaid maybe we could balance the budget better.
That is a bad argument. The top 1% makes more than the bottom 90% combined so it would make sense they pay more taxes than the bottom 90% combined. So based on earnings and worth the top 1% should pay 50% more in taxes.
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...quality-top-01-worth-as-much-as-the-bottom-90

I have a degree in tourism, and in my expert opinion Trump sucks.

I know lots of people, Canadians, who say they have not or will not do US vacations, so interesting to see this. Didn't think it would move the needle.

I have no issues. Been to NYC, Chicago, NC since Trump and will hit up Vegas again this summer.

That is a bad argument. The top 1% makes more than the bottom 90% combined so it would make sense they pay more taxes than the bottom 90% combined. So based on earnings and worth the top 1% should pay 50% more in taxes.
https://www.theguardian.com/busines...quality-top-01-worth-as-much-as-the-bottom-90

This is a poor argument. They use the same roads as other people. You could argue that they should pay less because they will make it up in sales tax, property tax, and other ways.

I know lots of people, Canadians, who say they have not or will not do US vacations, so interesting to see this. Didn't think it would move the needle.

I have no issues. Been to NYC, Chicago, NC since Trump and will hit up Vegas again this summer.
Canada is a hat and has a population of like 12. But for reals there's not a lot of options if you don't want to go to the US. As travel time starts becomes long

People don’t like success.

Success like a kid who lived with his parents until he was 30 without paying any bills or accomplishing anything?

Way to work hard to achieve big things like posting on forums from your parent's basement!

“Something bad happens, blame trump”

-Democrat platform

giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back