US Tourism down, AKA Trump Slump

Well look at the situation with the violent migrants in Europe. The left are hell bent at creating the same situation in the USA.
You mean a situation where the homicice rate is between 4 and 8 times lower than in the US?

Oh, noes!

@HatchetHarry logic: Europeans aren't coming to the US because the are afraid that the US is becoming like Europe-- which is less dangerous that the US.

If you had a functioning brain cell, it would immediately die of loneliness.

My girlfriend just went to a conference in a Disney hotel last week. She stayed in a normal queen bed room and it was $400 a night. The breakfast buffet was $35. Maybe this is why people aren't going to Orlando.

Success like a kid who lived with his parents until he was 30 without paying any bills or accomplishing anything?

Way to work hard to achieve big things like posting on forums from your parent's basement!

I didn’t live with them. I moved out at 18 to go to college and then moved into their beach house from 23-30. I own my own home now and have accomplished plenty. We don’t have basements in Florida by the way.

This thread is a really good litmus test for who can read and who can't.

The article cites that there was a decrease in travel of about 30% from Muslim-majority countries, regardless of status in the travel ban. It also cites a decline in interest from the UK, somewhat surprising because they are experiencing their own populist movement right now.

The cities most affected by this decline in travel interest are San Fransisco and Las Vegas, not exactly conservative strongholds.

Not that this was included in the article, the US dollar has been very strong compared to other currencies this past year. Also worth noting is that this is a World Cup year, so some of the travel is going to be diverted as a result of the fact that once every 4 years, people descend on wherever that it is being hosted, some of them for over a month. People plan for trips like this, saving vacation and money to be able to do it.

I'm sure that some people aren't coming to visit the US because of the President, but to say that there aren't a bunch of other factors out there is completely disingenuous.

Canada is a hat and has a population of like 12. But for reals there's not a lot of options if you don't want to go to the US. As travel time starts becomes long

What? Mexico and Caribbean for beach vacations, and UK and EU is a cheap and easy flight, so not sure I get you.

Good if they don't want to come because of Trump then we didn't want or need them here in the first place.

Others not SJWs will come and be treated with courtesy.

When you visit other countries as a tourist you stay out of the politics of the country and the people you visit should respect you and not involve you or get into your countries politics.

If I visited Canada I'm not going to talk about how big a douchbag the PM is.

Unwad your panties.
Read the post I was replying too. He stated get an education and stop waitressing.
I was pointing out I worked with lots of people in restaurants who were living the American dream by working hard and putting themselves through school.
So its OK that that poster can complain about people living the American dream?
That's the baseline and not something you deserve credit for. My grandmother and her siblings got up at 5am to do farm chores during the depression, she graduated HS at 16 to get a job in a factory and had a husband and 3 kids by age 25. You know how often that comes up in conversation with her? Fucking never, I had to dig this information up on my own. The problem isn't you having to maybe do some work, it's that you want credit for being a goddamn person and throwing in "inheriting his dad's business". It wreaks of envy.

You mean a situation where the homicice rate is between 4 and 8 times lower than in the US?

Oh, noes!

@HatchetHarry logic: Europeans aren't coming to the US because the are afraid that the US is becoming like Europe-- which is less dangerous that the US.

If you had a functioning brain cell, it would immediately die of loneliness.

The reason the USA is more dangerous is because of liberalism, illegal immigration, and refugees. Liberalism promotes entitlements and laziness which promotes crime. Illegal immigration brings in murderers and rapists. Refugees bring in similar populations.

If you had a functioning brain cell you would understand the situation.

The reason the USA is more dangerous is because of liberalism, illegal immigration, and refugees. Liberalism promotes entitlements and laziness which promotes crime. Illegal immigration brings in murderers and rapists. Refugees bring in similar populations.

If you had a functioning brain cell you would understand the situation.
Ah, so the reason the US is more dangerous than places that are more liberal than us is because of liberalism.

Got it. Thanks for explaining that, Chief.

What? Mexico and Caribbean for beach vacations, and UK and EU is a cheap and easy flight, so not sure I get you.
Bit going to the US is much quicker, basically 2-3 hours less, which makes it longer and more expensive to get to. Going to London instead of NYC I'm sure is a massive difference in money just on the flight. Making it a harder option to boycott the US

I wasn't given my father's business, his father was a janitor so he obviously wasn't given his father's business either. I went to school on scholarship and worked labor jobs in the summers. It's pretty damn low to blame the president for a drop in tourism. There is literally nothing the guy has done that would make tourism any better or worse.
Nothing is ever Trumps fault.

It wreaks of envy.

Reek
giphy.gif

I didn’t live with them. I moved out at 18 to go to college and then moved into their beach house from 23-30. I own my own home now and have accomplished plenty. We don’t have basements in Florida by the way.
I have been an appraiser for 16 years. I roughly appraise 300 homes a years. So out of 4800 homes I have appraised, 4 homes had a full basement(have had a couple others with root cellars only, which means they are usually less than 100 sf). One house, I have appraised twice.
Two were near downtown Orlando, one in Oviedo and the other in Clermont.
So they do exist but are extremely rare.

Not everything is about Donald Trump.

Hard to fathom, I know, but it's true.

Bit going to the US is much quicker, basically 2-3 hours less, which makes it longer and more expensive to get to. Going to London instead of NYC I'm sure is a massive difference in money just on the flight. Making it a harder option to boycott the US

Yeah for sure, but a couple hundred dollars more for a flight may not be a big as you think, when you start thinking about currency exchange and hotels. All I'm saying its not a huge difference, say like US compared to Japan, if people really want to avoid the US.

I am not going because I'm scared of ANTIFA I hear they a huge problem .

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2017/feb/28/us-tourism-experiences-a-trump-slump

Say I guess people don't want to come to a country, who leader shits on everyone.

The problem is the area, I am located tourism has an impact on my community. (just outside Orlando)
The restaurant business is a way for people to make a living and also good for single mothers.

Thanks Trump
You also blamed Trump for your wife getting pregnant (even though you're the one who chose not to cover maternity and all that) so....yeah. :confused:

Back