US Tourism down, AKA Trump Slump

I went on a Thursday, so you can only imagine what it must be like on weekends.

“Professionals”? You act as though you personally know these people, and they can’t possibly do any wrong.
Troll on, sherbro

Wasn't there a statistics that most illegals in the US are from "tourists" just staying?

Trump MAGAing on illegal immigration from all angles I guess.

Why would anyone want to come to the US for vacation anyway? Half of the US population are knuckle dragging mouth breathers who want to drill and destroy any natural wonders worth visiting.
Most tourist traps are in or near big cities, democrat enclaves filled with homeless, streets littered with shit, garbage, syringes and all manner of filth, and everything is way overpriced. These cities also rank high on violent crime lists. Those violent crimes aren't committed by the demographic you mentioned.
As for the natural wonders mentioned above, have they been destroyed? No, they haven't.
Try again.

That moron is writing articles for a major news outlet. He is successful. You aren't allowed to call him that, by your standard.

I didn't call him a loser as you would so flippantly, I called him a moron for writing a shit article.

Most tourist traps are in or near big cities, democrat enclaves filled with homeless, streets littered with shit, garbage, syringes and all manner of filth, and everything is way overpriced. These cities also rank high on violent crime lists. Those violent crimes aren't committed by the demographic you mentioned.
As for the natural wonders mentioned above, have they been destroyed? No, they haven't.
Try again.

Oh look another trump bot trying to pretend that the hubs of American finance and culture are terrible, despite admitting tourist only want to go to them.

I'm sure people are in a rush to visit Trump country and experience the finest in American trailer parks and the fancy delicacy of meth.

Last edited:
Oh look another trump bit trying to pretend that the hubs of American finance and culture are terrible, despite admitting tourist only want to go to them.

I'm sure people are in a rush to visit Trump country and experience the finest in American trailer parks and the fancy delicacy of meth.
Yawn.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2017/feb/28/us-tourism-experiences-a-trump-slump

Say I guess people don't want to come to a country, who leader shits on everyone.

The problem is the area, I am located tourism has an impact on my community. (just outside Orlando)
The restaurant business is a way for people to make a living and also good for single mothers.

Thanks Trump
It's probably because every major city that used to be worth visiting is now overrun by thugs and your chances of being robbed and murdered as a tourist are pretty high. Thanks 8 years of the shittiest president this country has ever seen.

i'll try to look up numbers, but so far Joshua Tree National Park doesn't seem to be effected too much

it set record attendance last year, after setting it the year prior in 2016...

granted that's just one NP in one isolated part of the country.....

i'm sure it's all b/c of Trump

not like any US or say Canadians ever go to any countries w/ less then respectable leadership for vacation...

oh wait, that's almost exclusively where they go.
Dude, those college kids aren't going to Cancun because it's a cheap place where they can party for a week straight. They go there for the good governance...

I honestly doubt that even 1% of Spring Breakers in Cancun can even tell you who the President of Mexico is without using Google. Actually, I bet that only 1% of those kids can even tell you that Mexico has a President instead of a Prime Minister, Chancellor, or some other term.

"People hate Trump because he's successful" is the new "they hate us because we're free".

Dude, those college kids aren't going to Cancun because it's a cheap place where they can party for a week straight. They go there for the good governance...

I honestly doubt that even 1% of Spring Breakers in Cancun can even tell you who the President of Mexico is without using Google. Actually, I bet that only 1% of those kids can even tell you that Mexico has a President instead of a Prime Minister, Chancellor, or some other term.
That's just a problem w/ Americans in general. When you run shit for soooooooooooo long, it becomes second nature to be ethno/nationalcentric. If Trudeau didn't constantly do dumb hilarious shit, i'd imagine not even 20% of the US would know who he is, or that the Mexican President is being voted on this Sunday, etc...

FFS I don't think most people even know their congressional reps tbh

I was stationed in Germany and was constantly embarrassed traveling w/ my American friends about how ignorant they were of other cultures and history

i'll try to look up numbers, but so far Joshua Tree National Park doesn't seem to be effected too much

it set record attendance last year, after setting it the year prior in 2016...

granted that's just one NP in one isolated part of the country.....
I enjoyed my short stay in 29 Palms but who wants to travel to freaking Joshua Tree?

I enjoyed my short stay in 29 Palms but who wants to travel to freaking Joshua Tree?
Canucks + Europeans
lots and lots of Europeans, they go hiking and rockclimbing
had 2.8M visitors last year

That's just a problem w/ Americans in general. When you run shit for soooooooooooo long, it becomes second nature to be ethno/nationalcentric. If Trudeau didn't constantly do dumb hilarious shit, i'd imagine not even 20% of the US would know who he is, or that the Mexican President is being voted on this Sunday, etc...

FFS I don't think most people even know their congressional reps tbh

I was stationed in Germany and was constantly embarrassed traveling w/ my American friends about how ignorant they were of other cultures and history
I would care about this less if American kids were choosing not to study cultures and history in lieu of becoming experts in STEM fields, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's simply laziness.

Yeah for sure, but a couple hundred dollars more for a flight may not be a big as you think, when you start thinking about currency exchange and hotels. All I'm saying its not a huge difference, say like US compared to Japan, if people really want to avoid the US.
True But there is also flight times. Add 4 hours each way and that's half a day essentially.
Just saying for Canadians it's a lot harder to avoid the US, being a huge and basically it's only neighbor

The tax reform that will blow up our budget. The numbers used to justify the cuts relied on unsustainable numbers. Trump has added to the deficit.
The NK deal is not a done deal yet. I give him credit for making an effort but it is not done yet.
The debt is $25,000,000,000,000 but it's Trump's fault.

<mma3>

That shit ain't getting paid back no matter what now. It's like illegal immigration. 10-20 million people -- no politically easy, feel good, and completely humane solutions where no one gets hurt anymore. So now any real attempt to solve the apocalyptic problems means someone gets hurt somewhere and thus if you cease just kicking the can down the road, you're a racist, literally Hitler, or whatever.

The debt is $25,000,000,000,000 but it's Trump's fault.

<mma3>

The GOP ran 8 years on deficit. Then they control both Congress and the President and then added 2 trillion to the deficit.
I find the hypocrisy too much to take. Funny you never hear Cohen's 3rd client or very few Republicans bitching about the current administration adding to the deficit.

Back