US debt Spiked a trillion in the past 6 months. #MAGA #DraintheSwamp

So he ended his term with higher deficits than he began it with, regardless of the GFC spike.

Thanks for playing.

He had a deficit of over $1.4T to dig out of.

George Bush had a $100B+ surplus to ruin.

The majority of the new spending is military spending anyway. It's not like he spent it on great social projects or welfare or anything like that.

If you start with a smaller number and end with a bigger number, is that an increase or a decrease?

He started at over $1.4T and ended at 450-550.

So, he decreased it by nearly $1Trillion.

The debt and deficit were already out of control before Obama was elected, and he managed to cut the deficit by more than half with an obstructionist congress.

Obama was also one of the few Presidents to ever exercise his veto on a budget proposal.
Did the debt skyrocket when he was president or not? Simple question.

This source claims that when Obama took office, the debt was just over 10 trillion. When he left office it stood at just under 20 trillion. I'm no math wiz. Help me out guys. That looks like an addition of debt to me.

http://www.businessinsider.com/national-debt-deficit-added-under-president-barack-obama-2017-1

Did the debt skyrocket when he was president or not? Simple question.

This source claims that when Obama took office, the debt was just over 10 trillion. When he left office it stood at just under 20 trillion. I'm no math wiz. Help me out guys. That looks like an addition of debt to me.

http://www.businessinsider.com/national-debt-deficit-added-under-president-barack-obama-2017-1

The deficit spending was over $1T annually for the first 3 years of his term from war spending and measures to prevent complete economic collapse from the previous administration.

Nearly $5T of debt was added without a single action from Obama.

More "whatabout" bullshit from the right wing posters.

Trump and Company has increased deficits due to policies directly attributable to them. Just fess up, you aren't fiscally conservative you're a tribal bullshitter.

He wasn't President when they happened.

Bush Jr was President.
I see so.... wait what? So is the debt actually Bush's and Trump's fault but Obama had no responsibility as leader for 8 years?

oh-you-guys.jpg

The deficit spending was over $1T annually for the first 3 years of his term from war spending and measures to prevent complete economic collapse from the previous administration.
Oh I see, Obama nearly doubling the debt was actually to help us.

{<jordan}

Oh I see, Obama nearly doubling the debt was actually to help us.

{<jordan}

Obama didn't double the debt, the GOP Congress did.

Clinton handed them the largest surplus in our history and it only took them 3 years to blow it.

Clinton handed them the largest surplus in our history and it only took them 3 years to blow it.

So when good things happen it's the D' president's achievement. When bad things happen it's the GOP's fault.

Why are you helping these two buffoons derail this thread? Show some discipline.

Yeah I'm only posting actual data. Why would we look at data when discussing economics?
Too bad you can't understand what is driving the numbers, which is why you totally punted on my question to you as to why deficits increased when Obama took office. You even took the step to cut the question out of your reply.

What you're doing is really dishonest.

BTW, a trillion in a 6 month period is quite staggering. We know that the tax cuts fall off towards the end of the 10 year period for individuals but the corporate cuts are permanent, so this is an early indication that this bill is going to add a lot to deficits and likely more than originally estimated.

The tax cuts haven't even started for most.

But didn't the debt skyrocket historically under Obama? How come he gets no blame for this but gets to take credit for good things going on in the economy even today?
Actually it was balanced under William Jefferson. The Bush Jr and Obama jacked it up. Bush Jr due to wars, and Obama due to recession. Then Trump and the GOP bitched and fucking moaned about the deficit and then when in charge continue to add to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back