US debt Spiked a trillion in the past 6 months. #MAGA #DraintheSwamp

Ah, it has been trolling me.

I have to
time_paulryan_20111205_0402.jpg

Me the troll? LOL

You need to be a little more introspective.

Obama made grand promises to improve the economy and reduce the debt. He did not deliver. I get that you like to make excuses for him, and think that everything that went wrong during his administration was Bush's fault, but it's funny that Obama is the first American president in history that is not responsible for anything that went wrong during his administration.

He didnt deliver? do you honestly think the economic conditions were the same in 2009 and 2017?

Produce a source that supports your claim that Obama spent more than Bush. Everything I see contradicts your claim.

Now you bring absolute values as opposed to GDP?

BudGDP.jpg

He didnt deliver? do you honestly think the economic conditions were the same in 2009 and 2017?

He did not.

Now you bring absolute values as opposed to GDP?

BudGDP.jpg

It still looks like increased spending to me. I would love to know what constitutes "mandatory." That amount expanded significantly under Obama.

Hypocritical lying is something that is exclusive to the GOP. No other political party in history has ever done that, or will ever do that.
Are you really going to play bothsideism at a moment when the GOP controls the both houses of Congress, executive, and judiciary branches of federal government?

If only you cared about this shit back when a democrat was president, your inability to be rational takes merit out of your argument. Key is to be consistent and call bullshit out on all sides, even your own. You have no validity when you only argue when it suits your political agenda.

That's fallacious thinking.

Previous debt was accumulated in recovery from a global recession and was accrued to benefit the majority of taxpayers. Furthermore, deficit spending was being continually reduced.

wsjfed.png

Now it's being ballooned up again, and for no actual reason. We aren't recovering from a recession. We don't need to stimulate the economy.

Playing Devil's Advocate the GOP likely wants to cut spending, but if they start cutting the only place where it is significant the country would go blue overnight. The younger conservatives are more hip to this and are more inclined to cut SS and Medicare, but that is most likely the really young no family, mortgage, and car payment crowd.

Yep. I'd argue though that those young men will eventually have a family, mortgage, and car payment in the next decade and fade from those libertarian leanings. I find that ideology for young guys to be similar to veganism for college women. It just doesn't last for the majority and is pretty much a phase.

With that said, it is concerning to consider what the younger GOP movement will bring in time. Have they opted into Trumpism? Do they at least see the current state of the GOP is not healthy as it is? The biggest concern I have about this recent election is I thought the evangelical/social conservative grip was loosening and we would get a party far less hard on certain social issues. Instead, Trump brought on what I would see as the "cultural conservative" that still focuses primarily on social issues like immigration and continues to allow the status quo to remain for the GOP (tax cuts not offset with spending cuts, military expansion no matter what). Though I agree there is a sensible path for a conservative to take on the immigration issue, the current narrative is toxic and you can tell from the platform that won the race.

This is not good. The economy is kicking ass and the debt is skyrocketing. When the inevitable economic downturn arrives shit is going to be bad.

Better be careful with stocks for sure.

Back