US debt Spiked a trillion in the past 6 months. #MAGA #DraintheSwamp

What you're doing is really dishonest.

I am using data to make my argument. Even without the GFC, the trend line for deficits under Obama continued upward and increased relative to the budgets from his predecessor.

They will continue to increase because we're all talking about spending and no one (Except Trump) is talking about our massive trade imbalances that are exacerbating the problem.

Data says a 207 billion increase. Thanks again for playing.

deficit.png

Weird.. the military budget increased by $100B in the same time period.. and the interest increased another ~50B in that time period..

If you want to "drain the swamp," you have to put more Republicans in congress. Republicans don't have a big enough majority to stop Democrats from creating gridlock if Republicans don't bend on spending. The Democrats are worthless obstructionists, and voters need to remove them from office.
<{1-1}>

I am using data to make my argument. Even without the GFC, the trend line for deficits under Obama continued upward and increased relative to the budgets from his predecessor.

They will continue to increase because we're all talking about spending and no one (Except Trump) is talking about our massive trade imbalances that are exacerbating the problem.
Your argument is bogus without context.

So when good things happen it's the D' president's achievement. When bad things happen it's the GOP's fault.

When it's the GOP's fault, it's the GOP's fault.

When it's the Dem's fault, it's the Dem's fault.

Weird.. the military budget increased by $100B in the same time period.. and the interest increased another ~50B in that time period..

Got to make sure the Military-Industrial complex gets to set up those Abrams Tank factories in Egypt or whatever pork projects Boeing bribed congress to care about.

Your argument is bogus without context.

I am looking at the full scope of budgetary dispensation from 2007 (The last Bush Budget) to 2017 (The last Obama Budget).

The only conclusion one can draw is that once the budgets re-settled from the GFC that the trend was still up 200 billion.

Sorry if that hurts your fee fees.

I am looking at the full scope of budgetary dispensation from 2007 (The last Bush Budget) to 2017 (The last Obama Budget).

The only conclusion one can draw is that once the budgets re-settled from the GFC that the trend was still up 200 billion.

Sorry if that hurts your fee fees.
No, it's not the only conclusion and for like the 3rd or 4th time you refuse to acknowledge why deficits continued to increase after Obama took office.

None of this has anything to do with my feelings and for the record your whole argument is off-topic whataboutism bullshit. The thread is about the current leadership and the budget and tax cut bill they passed. Are you unable to criticize your tribe? Or is the hindmive causing you to try and justify it?

When it's the GOP's fault, it's the GOP's fault.

When it's the Dem's fault, it's the Dem's fault.

Well, when someone gets serious about doing something in regard to the massive wealth transfer to the developing world that the neoliberal economic paradigm represents then we can talk about whose solutions those are.

Until then we will continue to behave as if we are the American global hegemon, spending billions on nonsense pork projects as our citizens' quality of life dwindles until we reach rough parity with places like Russia and China.

Because that's how "Free Trade" works.

At that time, I was holding my breath waiting for the gross national debt to take a huge leap in a single day - as it always does after the debt ceiling gets lifted or suspended -

Per the article it was expected

Well, when someone gets serious about doing something in regard to the massive wealth transfer to the developing world that the neoliberal economic paradigm represents then we can talk about whose solutions those are.

Until then we will continue to behave as if we are the American global hegemon, spending billions on nonsense pork projects as our citizens' quality of life dwindles until we reach rough parity with places like Russia and China.

Because that's how "Free Trade" works.
<Dany07>

No, it's not the only conclusion and for like the 3rd or 4th time you refuse to acknowledge why deficits continued to increase after Obama took office.

Actually I conceded that point and attempted to control for it, using the data we have available.

You on the other hand would like to limit the scope of the argument only to the GFC, so you can frame the decrease in discretionary "Helicopter money" that the government handed out as some kind of masterstroke by Obama. Which is also incredibly dishonest.

This is bullshit. Whoever is in office is responsible for whatever increase in debt happens in their term. Trump will have to own that increase just like Obama should own his 86% increase.

Actually I conceded that point and attempted to control for it, using the data we have available.

You on the other hand would like to limit the scope of the argument only to the GFC, so you can frame the decrease in discretionary "Helicopter money" that the government handed out as some kind of masterstroke by Obama. Which is also incredibly dishonest.
Wrong, I'm not limiting anything. I'm trying to get the conversation back to the thread topic and you're sticking to "what about Obama" BS.

Wrong, I'm not limiting anything. I'm trying to get the conversation back to the thread topic and you're sticking to "what about Obama" BS.

I was responding to a claim made in the thread. Maybe you should complain to that person for derailing and discussing historical budgets.

Most republican supporters are old people who think there's other places to significantly cut in government outside of SS, Medicare, Medicaid and the military. It's like talking to a wall with them when you present the reality of what the budget is each year. They don't understand where the cuts are going to have to come from when you ramp up the military spending for really no reason.
Playing Devil's Advocate the GOP likely wants to cut spending, but if they start cutting the only place where it is significant the country would go blue overnight. The younger conservatives are more hip to this and are more inclined to cut SS and Medicare, but that is most likely the really young no family, mortgage, and car payment crowd.

This is bullshit. Whoever is in office is responsible for whatever increase in debt happens in their term. Trump will have to own that increase just like Obama should own his 86% increase.

Even though the majority of an increase was during a session in which Obama wasn't even elected?

It's still his fault 100%?

The GOP idea of "cutting spending" is to eliminate funding for public radio/television, women's clinics and Amtrak.

I was responding to a claim made in the thread. Maybe you should complain to that person for derailing and discussing historical budgets.
I don't think posting raw data or charts without presenting the context is addressing the issue. But fair enough on the thread derail.

Back