Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Rodrigues got faceplanted by Marcin Rozalski, guess he'll keep up the inconsistency.

Yep, Rodrigues got embarrassed by a 6-4 nobody (lets be honest here). That lad's future is basically nothing. He's destined for a Tony Lopez type career where he fights in regional promotions, wins 2-3, then fights someone remotely good, gets skulled, re-set.

Rodrigues got faceplanted by Marcin Rozalski, guess he'll keep up the inconsistency.

Yep, Rodrigues got embarrassed by a 6-4 nobody (lets be honest here). That lad's future is basically nothing. He's destined for a Tony Lopez type career where he fights in regional promotions, wins 2-3, then fights someone remotely good, gets skulled, re-set.

Some guys have to learn lessons, some learn faster, some slower. Rodrigues not at all.

To that same tune, Michal Andryszak has shed his notorious gatekeeper role and is getting really good wins. I don't know if he's with ACB still, or fully with KSW, but I think he's about ready for a title shot in either of those organizations.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Heavyweight-Title-Up-for-Grabs-at-June-30s-LFA-15-122119

Van Deraa vs Odoms for the LFA heavyweight title. That's a tough one to call, but it'll be a fun fight.

Also on the undercard of the card before this one will be the LFA debut of a special prospect, Juan Adams. His current stats are 6'6" 320 pounds. He's a former team captain and D1 wrestler for VMI. The terrifying part is once he keeps on with his strength and conditioning, he'll likely be lean at around 300 pounds. For reference, he makes Curtis Blaydes look like a LHW, and Curtis is a massive heavy.

For all the hype Mohammed Usman gets, Adams deserves it times ten. This will be the first time since Brock Lesnar that we've seen such a massive D1 wrestler go into MMA, however Adams is only 25 and in great shape.

Last edited:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Heavyweight-Title-Up-for-Grabs-at-June-30s-LFA-15-122119

Van Deraa vs Odoms for the LFA heavyweight title. That's a tough one to call, but it'll be a fun fight.

Also on the undercard of that event will be Juan Adams. His current stats are 6'6" 320 pounds. He's a former team captain and D1 wrestler for VMI. The terrifying part is once he keeps on with his strength and conditioning, he'll likely be lean at around 300 pounds. For reference, he makes Curtis Blaydes look like a LHW, and Curtis is a massive heavy.

For all the hype Mohammed Usman gets, Adams deserves it times ten. This will be the first time since Brock Lesnar that we've seen such a massive D1 wrestler go into MMA, however Adams is only 25 and in great shape.

Yeah, good win for Andryzszak over Kita.

Adams - at least he's a wrestler so cutting weight might not be as much of an issue but I hope he doesn't waste his career at super-heavy. there's only so many times you can beat up Jonathan Ivey or win a decision over Chris Barnett!

Yeah, good win for Andryzszak over Kita.

Adams - at least he's a wrestler so cutting weight might not be as much of an issue but I hope he doesn't waste his career at super-heavy. there's only so many times you can beat up Jonathan Ivey or win a decision over Chris Barnett!

He'll make the cut to 265 once he goes pro, likely this year. He's working with a strength and conditioning coach. He cut to 285 from heavier when wrestling, so with a bit of work on his initial weight, it should be easy.

Also I made a mistake, he's on LFA 14 and not LFA 15. I got the dates mixed up, so a week before the heavyweight title fight with Van Deraa and Odoms.

He'll make the cut to 265 once he goes pro, likely this year. He's working with a strength and conditioning coach. He cut to 285 from heavier when wrestling, so with a bit of work on his initial weight, it should be easy.

Also I made a mistake, he's on LFA 14 and not LFA 15. I got the dates mixed up, so a week before the heavyweight title fight with Van Deraa and Odoms.

I Googled Juan Adams and was surprised to see his look! I was expecting a much different looking guy - maybe Hispanic looking and really bulky, like the build of say Tai Tuivasa before he started cutting weight. Instead I was greeted by a towering, pretty reasonably trim looking mixed race/black guy with a weird looking face and hair!

His nickname however, is my new favourite of all-time in MMA:

'The Kraken'.

I Googled Juan Adams and was surprised to see his look! I was expecting a much different looking guy - maybe Hispanic looking and really bulky, like the build of say Tai Tuivasa before he started cutting weight. Instead I was greeted by a towering, pretty reasonably trim looking mixed race/black guy with a weird looking face and hair!

His nickname however, is my new favourite of all-time in MMA:

'The Kraken'.

Haha, when I said as big as Brock Lesnar, I definitely meant it, right down to the crazy chiseled physique. :D

He still has some extra fat, once he's done his cut though he'll look like a specimen. The afro gives him more power.

But yeah, I've had a few people mention, especially in person, that he is almost unrealistically big. There won't be anyone in the UFC who has a size advantage, except maybe Struve in terms of height, but not in pure mass.

funny i wanted to drive and watch arjan's 4th fight but work, then 5th was cancelled and re-booked. but now i can see his 6th.

and here i thought i was going to be cool like paul. so indian fedor, canadian fedor or canadian cormier? not sure what they will use to hype him.

funny i wanted to drive and watch arjan's 4th fight but work, then 5th was cancelled and re-booked. but now i can see his 6th.

and here i thought i was going to be cool like paul. so indian fedor, canadian fedor or canadian cormier? not sure what they will use to hype him.

I like Canadian Cormier, it probably fits his style better. The Slick Sikh maybe. I'm also terrible with nicknames.

Did something happen to Juan Adams? I was excited to watch him fight and he doesn't appear on any upcoming LFA event.

Pumped about Pavlovich and Minakov being on UFC fight pass this Friday. If they both win in dominant fashion you guys think either of them will get a UFC/Bellator offer?

Also is Ivanov Blagoi a free agent now that WSOF folded? He'd make a solid addition to either UFC or Bellator. I'd think UFC since they already signed former WSOF champs Gaethje and Marlon.

Pumped about Pavlovich and Minakov being on UFC fight pass this Friday. If they both win in dominant fashion you guys think either of them will get a UFC/Bellator offer?

Also is Ivanov Blagoi a free agent now that WSOF folded? He'd make a solid addition to either UFC or Bellator. I'd think UFC since they already signed former WSOF champs Gaethje and Marlon.
UFC already made an offer to Pavlovich but he didn't like it.
I don't think they go to UFC/Bellator cause EFN possibly pay them more.
As for Ivanov he just signed long term deal with WSOF.

Did something happen to Juan Adams? I was excited to watch him fight and he doesn't appear on any upcoming LFA event.

Juan is on the undercard of the June 23rd event, which usually isn't listed in the promotional materials. He's an amateur still, so he doesn't qualify for main card billings yet. Once he goes pro, I bet they will be adding him to the main cards he's on.

Brendan Barrett 10-7-1 vs. Shelton Graves II 5-3
Edwin Smart vs. Robert Munoz dual debut, may be LHW as Munoz fought MW/LHW as amuetur
Tony Johnson Jr. 10-3 vs. Baga Agaev 28-19
Vitaly Minakov 19-0 vs. Antônio BIGFOOT Silva 19-11
Sergey Pavlovich 10-0 vs. Mikhail Mokhnatkin 9-1-2
Brandon Harp 0-2 vs. TJ Jones 0-1
Mikhail Sysoev 4-5 vs. Sergey Kazan 0-0
Ed Carlos 10-6 vs. Alexandr Gladkov 8-1
Nick Barnø 5-1 vs. Rokas Stambrauskas 9-6
Bartosz Stalewski 0-0 vs. Wojciech Buliński 11-2
Sean Evans 1-1 vs. Mike DiOrio 0-0 MW versus SHW?
TJ Jones 0-1 vs. Samson Jeanty 2-2
Sammy Guerrero 2-2 vs. Shannon Ritch 55-82
Lucas Chiumiento 0-0-1 vs. Hector Avellaneda 0-2

efn also has tony. VFC might also have a HW fight on fightpass but i can't find their card

ritch has been finished by guys who fought WW and has submitted to strikes like 10 times, with 31 tko/ko/injury/strikes finish losses. fulton at least wins

Minakov weighed in at 270 pounds, his highest ever. 10 lbs more than his last fight and 20 lbs more than his Bellator weight. Bigfoot was 285 pounds.

probably wanted to not get out sized, or knew bigfoot would come in huge and didn't bother cutting.

stll he should look like hot shit, maybe they can set up a super fight with papolovich after this on EFN in a few months

Minakov weighed in at 270 pounds, his highest ever. 10 lbs more than his last fight and 20 lbs more than his Bellator weight. Bigfoot was 285 pounds.

He'd better finish it in the first. I was told there was some training issues before the Linderman fight, and I feel like that's probably become worse if he's not even hitting the 265 limit anymore. Minakov is probably 240-245 in shape, no way he should be at 270.

Bigfoot may want to make it a grinding fight, clinch and just use his weight to tire Minakov out, then see if he can finish. Mind you Bigfoot is also on a huge decline, so he may not even have enough in him to beat an ill-prepared and tired Minakov.

He'd better finish it in the first. I was told there was some training issues before the Linderman fight, and I feel like that's probably become worse if he's not even hitting the 265 limit anymore. Minakov is probably 240-245 in shape, no way he should be at 270.

Bigfoot may want to make it a grinding fight, clinch and just use his weight to tire Minakov out, then see if he can finish. Mind you Bigfoot is also on a huge decline, so he may not even have enough in him to beat an ill-prepared and tired Minakov.
I think it's gonna go the distance, with Minakov winning the decision. Bigfoot looked way more durable in the Shtyrkov fight than he had looked in the latter part of his UFC tenure.

Back