Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Man, Lopes is out and Soukodjou (fought last week in KSW) is fighting Kharitonov in M-1 Global in China... Soukodjou is absolutely crazy ahahhahaha

Well Sergey wasn't impressive in his latest win but I still wanna see him in a bigger promotion.

Wish the UFC would sign Minakov tomorrow. That guy needs to be where the majority of the best heavyweights are, which is the UFC. If the UFC signed Minakov and Pavolich with their recent signings of Bhullar and Mulheron along with Lewis, Francis, Tybura and Volkov that they already have; people would have to stop complaining about the heavyweight division being weak.

probably wanted to not get out sized, or knew bigfoot would come in huge and didn't bother cutting.

stll he should look like hot shit, maybe they can set up a super fight with papolovich after this on EFN in a few months
Minakov said after the event something like that he wouldn't agree to fight Pavlovich or that he doesn't want that fight (and doesn't want to fight Russians). From what I understand it's because Russian Heavyweights knows each other, trained with each other and it's kinda hard to fight with passion against guy who you knows.
He'd better finish it in the first. I was told there was some training issues before the Linderman fight, and I feel like that's probably become worse if he's not even hitting the 265 limit anymore. Minakov is probably 240-245 in shape, no way he should be at 270.

Bigfoot may want to make it a grinding fight, clinch and just use his weight to tire Minakov out, then see if he can finish. Mind you Bigfoot is also on a huge decline, so he may not even have enough in him to beat an ill-prepared and tired Minakov.
In a programme after the event Mineev, who knows Minakov mentioned low kicks of Bigfoot. He said that maybe Bigfoot knows about Minakov's problem with knee/knees, he said that almost everyone in Russia knows about that problem of Minakov and that he had knee surgery. And Mineev sounded like that problem of Minakov with knees is still unresolved.

Well Sergey wasn't impressive in his latest win but I still wanna see him in a bigger promotion.

Wish the UFC would sign Minakov tomorrow. That guy needs to be where the majority of the best heavyweights are, which is the UFC. If the UFC signed Minakov and Pavolich with their recent signings of Bhullar and Mulheron along with Lewis, Francis, Tybura and Volkov that they already have; people would have to stop complaining about the heavyweight division being weak.

I feel like a lot of that was because he was his training partner. Pavlovich's mom also died only a few months ago, which is why the first fight was cancelled. There was probably a lot going on that caused him to look more tentative than normal.

Minakov said after the event something like that he wouldn't agree to fight Pavlovich or that he doesn't want that fight (and doesn't want to fight Russians). From what I understand it's because Russian Heavyweights knows each other, trained with each other and it's kinda hard to fight with passion against guy who you knows.

In a programme after the event Mineev, who knows Minakov mentioned low kicks of Bigfoot. He said that maybe Bigfoot knows about Minakov's problem with knee/knees, he said that almost everyone in Russia knows about that problem of Minakov and that he had knee surgery. And Mineev sounded like that problem of Minakov with knees is still unresolved.

That's interesting info about Minakov, and would explain a few things.

In terms of Russian heavies fighting each other, it was the same with Fedor, he didn't like to fight fellow countrymen he has trained with, so I can see that being a big issue. Honestly, Tony Johnson Jr should fight Pavlovich, and Minakov needs to move to the UFC or back to Bellator, resolve his free agency regardless.

I feel like a lot of that was because he was his training partner. Pavlovich's mom also died only a few months ago, which is why the first fight was cancelled. There was probably a lot going on that caused him to look more tentative than normal.

That's interesting info about Minakov, and would explain a few things.

In terms of Russian heavies fighting each other, it was the same with Fedor, he didn't like to fight fellow countrymen he has trained with, so I can see that being a big issue. Honestly, Tony Johnson Jr should fight Pavlovich, and Minakov needs to move to the UFC or back to Bellator, resolve his free agency regardless.
Russian commentators said before the HW title fight that winner is gonna defend his belt against Sidelnikov.

Russian commentators said before the HW title fight that winner is gonna defend his belt against Sidelnikov.

That's a great fight still. I think it's as easier fight too than the one he just fought.

Ivan Shtyrkov (11-0) vs Satoshi Ishii (15-7-1) on July 10th. I think Satoshi wins this one actually,

Carlos Felipe (8-0) signed with UFC

I'm almost positive he will drop to 205 after a fight or two at HW. You'll notice the size difference right away when he fights an average sized heavyweight.

It's actually funny, they signed Albini and Felipe, but missed Ricardo Prasel, who is the better long term heavyweight prospect. Prasel is probably more raw, but he's 6'9", has a BJJ purple belt, and a kickboxing background. He's also pretty athletic.

Awesome news about Felipe. Since the new owners took over UFC they seem to have signed a lot more heavies, obviously their intention to bulk up the division which is great.

The Ishii - Shtyrkov fight is fun. I'd favour Ishii by decision or late submission, but wouldnt be surprised if Shtyrkov won early.

I have to go with Ivan based on aggression and power alone, just think Ishii might crumble early if he gets hit. Wouldn't be surprised if Ivan gassed and got held down for the next few rounds though.

If it were being held in a neutral promotion, I'd probably favor Ishii by decision. But I feel like it will go to decision and regardless of who actually won, Shtyrkov will get the nod.

Sergey Fedyainov 0-2 vs. Ivan Kulakov 3-2
Sergey Arbuzov 0-2 vs. Ilya Bochkov 2-1
Asif Abramov 0-0 vs. Alexandr Popov 1-0
Chris Larsen 2-0 vs. Jared Kilkenny 9-9
Hyun Man Myung 4-3 vs. Aorigele 4-3 OW
Mpata Mikixi 0-1 vs. Thabani Mndebela 0-1
Chris Mahle 1-4 vs. Vinny Balsamellom 0-0
Juan Francisco Espino 3-1 vs. Rodney Wallace 26-14-1
Steve Roy 2-2 vs. Josh Heinz 3-1
Eric Kapp 1-6 vs. Frederick Gunner 2-8
Jeff Hughes 6-1 vs. Ryan Pokryfky 5-3
Sergei Kharitonov 24-6 vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou 18-17
Sergiu Spivac 6-0 vs. Travis Fulton 255-52-10-1

Spivic vs Fulton is an interesting fight. I'd expect Spivac to win early, but i guess Fulton is a crafty veteran so you never know.

I'm almost positive he will drop to 205 after a fight or two at HW. You'll notice the size difference right away when he fights an average sized heavyweight.

It's actually funny, they signed Albini and Felipe, but missed Ricardo Prasel, who is the better long term heavyweight prospect. Prasel is probably more raw, but he's 6'9", has a BJJ purple belt, and a kickboxing background. He's also pretty athletic.

He's very small for heavyweight, he'll be better on 205 or even 185, it will all goes by how they will match him against, I see him making a good fight against Rashad Coulter or some small sized not wrestler heavie, Im glad they finally signed both. I really think Junior Albini may be the new face at the brazillian hw scenario, he got size and speed as well, Tim Johnson will get his hand full if he doesnt take it to the ground or dirty box him, I'm almost 100% sure he will outspeed Tim Johnson by far standing. I love when they throw a hard fight on a newcomer prospect and just dont give them a can to smash, that way we can really see whos a good prospect indeed or not and where he is at. Curtis Blayde x Ngannou fight showed me more about blayde than his other 2 wins, this kid is a legit competitor and fighter.

Prasel is fighting against Edison Lopes, the first major step in prasel competition level, he might as well be signed but I dont see him being a major prospect in the near future, he's big and has a good ground game but that's it, his wrestling and stand up are still very very raw, he can't rely on submitting low level guys from guard in the big leagues like his doing now, it's a dangerous spot for a heavyweight to built up his game.

Last edited:
Apparently UFC/Dana White is choosing to ignore Kyle Noblitt's past charges. He's going to be fighting on July 25th in the Dana White Tuesday Night Contender Series on Fight Pass. No word on opponent yet.

Apparently UFC/Dana White is choosing to ignore Kyle Noblitt's past charges. He's going to be fighting on July 25th in the Dana White Tuesday Night Contender Series on Fight Pass. No word on opponent yet.

They likely don't know, it's their bad PR though, they'll only hurt themselves with it.

I feel like 'DW promotion will be a way to get seedier skilled fighters in a non-ufc product, to hype up a cleaner prospect

imagine a fighter on suspension for ufc fighting in dana's promotion? i could see it happening

Minakov really need to fix his knee or else he is going to lose, then go broke. They pay him great at EFN but I doubt they pay as good as the sketchier russian promotions

Back