Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Podcast idea right there.

He fights every month, so it could be a regular thing.

Hahaha, done mate!

The best way to do it would probably be for you to take the lead (Paul's HW Prospect Podcast) and then, as a recurring theme, for the final 10mins of each instalment I turn up with video footage of....you guessed....Tony Lopez derailing another interesting prospect in some gymnasium in Michigan!

Lucasz Parobiec 12-6 vs Neil Grove 12-8 added to bellator 179

Brett McDermott 7-5 vs. Ruben Wolf 11-9
Maciej Sosnowski 0-1 vs. Mindaugas Gerve 1-0
Michał Wlazło 4-3 vs. Martin Chuděj 4-5
Greg Rebello 21-7 vs. Kevin Sears 6-3
Dwayne Lewis 15-10 vs. Dan Amyotte 3-5
Yaw Kent Tham 4-2 vs. Yannis Yokkokis 1-0
Ricky Misholas 3-6 vs. Thabani Mndebela 0-0
Nico Yamdjie 0-1 vs. Bernardo Mikixi 5-7
Ioannis Arzoumanidis 2-0 vs. Mehmet Ozer 0-1
Liam Stamp 2-1 vs. Jonathan Nash 0-0
Ben Adwubi 0-0 vs. Krystian Cal 0-0
Dave Wilson 20-13 vs. John Painter 1-6
Connor Goodfellow 1-0 vs. Kristian Bircher 0-5
Devon Schwan 0-0 vs. Chris Beal 3-4
Brad Scholten 14-23 vs. Nathan Bryant 6-6

and tony, tony's up. it's crazy checking his record to see the amount of titles he holds

Shame Lopez beat Faavale, i think Mika has a decent enough future. Good learning experience for him though, needs to maybe lose 15 pounds and improve his gas tank. Was winning the first couple of rounds until he got tired.

Hahaha, done mate!

The best way to do it would probably be for you to take the lead (Paul's HW Prospect Podcast) and then, as a recurring theme, for the final 10mins of each instalment I turn up with video footage of....you guessed....Tony Lopez derailing another interesting prospect in some gymnasium in Michigan!

Figures he beats Faavale at Alaska FC too. Think he's fighting in a couple weeks again, so we may need to make it every two weeks now. :p

Van Palacio 4-1 vs. Chris Lewis 1-0
Mohammed Usman 0-0 vs. Derrick Williams 3-6
Sergey Dyakonov 0-1 vs. Magomed Abdulkadirov 1-1 (240lb)
Murat Gugov 1-1 vs. Adam Bogatyriov 0-0 (240lb)
Maksim Oganesyan 0-1 vs. Konstantin Novikov 2-2 (240lb)
Denis Smoldarev 12-3 vs. Salimgerey Rasulov 15-7
Jeremy Joiner 3-0 vs. Chris Lokteff 12-2
Dylan Tiaaleaiga 0-0 vs. Justin Tafa 0-0
Brian Heden 30-15 vs. Björn Schmiedeberg 11-6-1
Ugur Ozkaplan 1-0 vs. Almir Salkanovic 0-0
Rony Bouzy 0-0 vs. Ilan Chekki 0-0
Aaron Ware 3-10 vs. JR Briones 0-2
Brian Peterson 1-0 vs. Jason Belyew 0-0
Hugo Cunha 0-0 vs. João Victor Mota Cruz 0-0
Tiago Cardoso 6-2 vs. Fernando Batista 5-4
Eddy Faison 0-0 vs. Eddie Castillo 1-3 (SHW)
Edison Lopes 6=2 vs. Leandro Xavier 5-0
Alexey Stoyan 5-2 vs. Kazbek Saidaliev 7-1
Kirk Grinlinton 3-6 vs. Jaquis Williams 6-6
Anthony Garrett 1-1 vs. Bo Kunz 3-3

and four bellator HW fights

so busy weekend

Excited to see Mohammed Usman's MMA debut Paul L? On paper has all the tools to be the next big heavyweight. Doesn't always turn out like that, but i'm looking forward to it.

Aldo, Jeff Monson is competing in a grappling contest this weekend against someone called Leonid Hapchik for the 'Battle on Volga' promotion. Khabib Nurmagomedov & Oleg Taktarov will both be at the event (as spectators).

RDrcl_Lwf_Bwo.jpg

Excited to see Mohammed Usman's MMA debut Paul L? On paper has all the tools to be the next big heavyweight. Doesn't always turn out like that, but i'm looking forward to it.

He's a huge wild card, not having fought yet and only having a high school wrestling career. Definitely the potential is there though, should be interesting to see how he looks.

One thing that was a bit interesting though, his height/weight/build trend more towards a typical LHW, but he has a lot of muscle, which may affect his cardio. I wonder if with time his MMA training will slim him down and he'll make a drop to 205. He weighed in at 247, and if he focuses on cardio and drops about 20, he'd be in the range.

Mind you, he could be one of the rare athletic freaks like Cain who has cardio for days. We'll have to see.

Aspera FC heavyweight champion Junior Albini (13-2) as been signed by UFC and will debut against 5-fight UFC veteran Timothy Johnson.

Nice to see them sign a young heavyweight with a nice win streak. He's got decent stand up but they are throwing him to the wolves straight away, I have Johnson winning a comfortably UD or even stopping him with GnP in the 3rd.

Aspera FC heavyweight champion Junior Albini (13-2) as been signed by UFC and will debut against 5-fight UFC veteran Timothy Johnson.

Nice to see them sign a young heavyweight with a nice win streak. He's got decent stand up but they are throwing him to the wolves straight away, I have Johnson winning a comfortably UD or even stopping him with GnP in the 3rd.

I agree, Albini (when I saw him a while back) looked far better suited to LHW.

Now we've finally got a big HW signing. Olympic wrestler Arjan Bhullar signs with the UFC. He's in my top 5 in the main post. He could be a future title contender.

Usman wins by Kimura in round 1. He had some trouble getting the takedown for a little bit, but he still looks super athletic. He needs work though for sure, he does look like a debuting NFL level athlete at HW, so he'll need 4 or 5 more successful fights before he's UFC ready.

Usman wins by Kimura in round 1. He had some trouble getting the takedown for a little bit, but he still looks super athletic. He needs work though for sure, he does look like a debuting NFL level athlete at HW, so he'll need 4 or 5 more successful fights before he's UFC ready.
You know what's up with Raul Catinas? He is Romanian kickboxer here was a thread that he retired from kickboxing to focus at mma but he fought just one time in mma. And from what I understand he returned to kickboxing.

Now we've finally got a big HW signing. Olympic wrestler Arjan Bhullar signs with the UFC. He's in my top 5 in the main post. He could be a future title contender.

BRILLIANT news, match him up nice and easy at first and Arjan can go far.

Back