UFN 134 Shogun vs Smith

I didn't call you out, I just disagreed. Thiago Santos is still levels below Corey Anderson let's say. And Santos beat Smith. All Smith's last 4 wins are shot fighters way past their prime.

I can call you out by saying you are a fraud on betmmatips for putting that line on Volkanovski. Can we see a betslip with your cash on that line?
no, because I dont have to prove anything. If you have a problem with me, buy tickets and come to Poland.

no, because I dont have to prove anything. If you have a problem with me, buy tickets and come to Poland.
Stop being such a baby when someone disagrees with you, are different opinions not allowed here?

Stop being such a baby when someone disagrees with you, are different opinions not allowed here?
Its not about different opinion because clearly everyone has here a different approach but this guy has a problem to me

Wiktorus isn't South African? Assumed he was for some reason. Definitely think Shogun's solid value against Smith. Him and Rakic are my two favorite plays on the card.

just deposited $350 on 5D and got charged $376 on CC.. Everything went through fine, I Just didn't expect the processing/currency adjustment to be that high. Real bummer. Not laying down anymore

I think Ledet is a lock , also have some on him for Bovada. He was weighing 240 at HW looking toned and moving quick, and now he will be 205 and even quicker? Only concern is if I've been watching Pre-Usada Ledet and Post-Usada won't be as fast or durable. The story is it was a multi vitamin that suspended him for 4 months. Who knows. I think he will be smart enough to handle the leg kicks and his TDD/BJJ should be good enough to keep Rakic off. I was expecting him to open at -200 (which is about where) but then to move -300 or so. I think -125 is a deal and most the money is just going towards the hometown boy.

I think this time he was just disagreeing with you.
On the begining, and I replied to his dissagreeing if Thiago Santos is below the levels. He didnt answer but started to be cocky in second post.

just deposited $350 on 5D and got charged $376 on CC.. Everything went through fine, I Just didn't expect the processing/currency adjustment to be that high. Real bummer. Not laying down anymore

I think Ledet is a lock , also have some on him for Bovada. He was weighing 240 at HW looking toned and moving quick, and now he will be 205 and even quicker? Only concern is if I've been watching Pre-Usada Ledet and Post-Usada won't be as fast or durable. The story is it was a multi vitamin that suspended him for 4 months. Who knows. I think he will be smart enough to handle the leg kicks and his TDD/BJJ should be good enough to keep Rakic off. I was expecting him to open at -200 (which is about where) but then to move -300 or so. I think -125 is a deal and most the money is just going towards the hometown boy.
Quick by HW standards, though. Rakic looked like a good striker in his UFC bout before, and arguably has the better pure-striking credentials. Strikers rarely succeed going down in weight.

On the begining, and I replied to his dissagreeing if Thiago Santos is below the levels. He didnt answer but started to be cocky in second post.
The thing about Volkanovski? That was kind of stupid, because betmma.tips states clearly, that the page can be used just to practice betting. Posting a bet does not mean, that one has to actually bet the line. Then again, if one does not have a bet slip, then it's hard to prove, that the bet was submitted on the page when those odds were live.

Go on live chat they always reimburse extra fees charged to my debit. Not sure if it’s the same for credit but it’s worth a shot.

All UFC wins aside from Rashad are comeback wins too. He was losing to Leleco ffs.
When has shogun last had a dominant, impressive performance?

7-8 years ago? When’s the last time he beat someone relevant in the division?

He couldn’t finish Corey Anderson, who if I remember correctly should’ve won that fight.

Why is he going to beat a much more dangerous striker in a 5 round fight ?

I split a unit between Hein ml and Hein dec. He has never lost a fight in Germany. He had a good comeback against Dober. That was long time ago, but I hope he still has some gears up if things get rough.

When has shogun last had a dominant, impressive performance?

7-8 years ago? When’s the last time he beat someone relevant in the division?

He couldn’t finish Corey Anderson, who if I remember correctly should’ve won that fight.

Why is he going to beat a much more dangerous striker in a 5 round fight ?

I'm not betting this fight, just saying Smith is being overhyped. His best win is Andrew Sanchez in a fight he was being dominated in before he gassed. Mutante was considered the chinniest fighter in the division at the time they fought and he couldn't hurt him.

I'm not betting this fight, just saying Smith is being overhyped. His best win is Andrew Sanchez in a fight he was being dominated in before he gassed. Mutante was considered the chinniest fighter in the division at the time they fought and he couldn't hurt him.
You forgot hector lombard

Quick by HW standards, though. Rakic looked like a good striker in his UFC bout before, and arguably has the better pure-striking credentials. Strikers rarely succeed going down in weight.

Not sure I agree.. Rakic style seems basic kickboxing technical, uses distance did show some good hands, but not so good head movement. Ledet has won his HW fights just piecing people up with Jabs. Yes, hes using his speed advantage but its not that easy to move around jabbing and slipping punches. Obviously, your jab is your weakest hand and thats why you see far more fighters win with overhand right bombs as opposed to 15 minutes of jabs. I also noticed Rakic beat Marcin Prachnico in RD 3 a few years ago. Prachnico got blasted quickly by Alvey in Rd 1, another higher level boxer but a much different style (southpaw lead hook and cross). I usually have a good record on betting boxers > kickboxers but I think you make a good point that speed advantage might not be there for Ledet and Ledet's style is more picking people apart for 15 minutes as opposed to a KO. Still think I'm being compensated enough at -125 though

and ty Monster Meat for that tip, 5D credited me the difference. They're great.

Anyone else notice how there arent many prolific leg kickers in the HW division? Werdum and Overeem would be the most prolific still fighting, Pat Barry and Hardonk if you wanna go back to recent memory. Overeem doesnt even leg kick anymore. I wonder why so few HW implement a leg kick heavy style.

x6iwyq.gif

Interesting question especially when so many fighters are boxing centric and heavy on the lead leg and open to get their thigh smashed.

I can't speak from a heavyweight perspective since I'm around 160 pounds but I trained Muay Thai for a while but in mma you should be using a 1-2 combo followed a swing kick/leg kick since your opponent is looking high to defend the 1-2, so you can go body or thigh with the follow up swing kick.

Shogun and Pat Barry did this combo really beautifully. You shouldn't be really throwing naked leg kicks unless you can really whip your leg around which most heavyweights can't and it leaves you vulnerable to getting taken down or getting hit with a straight counter and with 4 oz gloves good chance you're getting knocked out in the HW division. Look at Sakhi/Rountree, 2nd calf/leg kick Sakhi threw without setting it up, led him getting countered/ko. It was way too predictable.

Also with HW division, most fighters bases are not Muay Thai usually boxing/wrestling/jitz and Muay Thai is added as an extra arsenal and you can see some UFC fighters when throwing swing/leg kicks are not even turning over their hips properly to generate proper force. Also more natural for fighters to throw hands than kicks.

Back