UFN 134 Shogun vs Smith

Seems Nas is going to have a lot of trouble implementing his game when Diakiese is stuck to him. Nas likes to explode in which is just going to make it easy to get to the clinch if he cant get the KO from the first punch. Nas has really good kicks as well but Diakiese is explosive with quick reactions in every movement, I dont see why he cant convert some kicks into some explosive takedowns as well. The clinch game will also heavily lower Nas chance at the decision as he wont look effective except for maybe short forgetable periods(unless KDs). Diakiese is also stronger than he looks and he looks pretty fucking strong to begin with. One more thing is since Nas like to blast inside, Diakiese could very well catch him coming but I find it hard to see Nas KOed. Oh, 1 final thing for now, how will Nas gas tank hold up in such a grueling fight? Will he looks the same, better or worse come round 3?

So watching tape on fabinski vs meek

This one seems pretty obvious to me

Either fabinski grinds him out for three rds or meek is able to stay on his feet long enough to score the knockout

Fabinski hasn’t fought in almost 3 years

Meek might be a live bet opportunity. Of course we probably won’t get live odds for this event

Last edited:
cummins takes down glover 4-0. then corey takes down cummins 12-0

Hein sub +795 worth a stab. On Shogun, Zawada, and Nas ML. Hoping Stasiak goes to + odds to bet him.

stupid question, if I bet x fighter -3.5 points and they win 30-27 x3, do I win?

Hein sub +795 worth a stab. On Shogun, Zawada, and Nas ML. Hoping Stasiak goes to + odds to bet him.

stupid question, if I bet x fighter -3.5 points and they win 30-27 x3, do I win?

Yes. You add all 3 cards together, so that fighter would be up 9 points minus 3.5.

It still hits if you get two 29-28s in there too.

Who is this cards circle jerk? Doesn't seem to be one - maybe Sherdog might take a week off eating the cracker?

Have you seen his recent fights? His grappling looks pretty good, has great TDs.

He's very similar to Yadong, think they were teammates for a while

Have you decided on a bet for the fight or is it a pass for you?

I just finished watching tape on both and I don't have a strong lean either way to lay a bet.

Liu is going to be the bigger, more athletic, faster and bigger puncher of the two but his striking is really unpolished and raw. The technique isn't there and his striking really consists of feints with an overhand right and left hook. I'm not sure he can put away Stasiak, who ate some big shots from Munhoz and Kelleher and was okay but at the same time Stasiak is pretty hittable. His grappling looked improved in his last few fights with good takedowns but hard to say against that level of competition. I do think he is going to look a lot better after training at Jackson Winklejohn and he is only 25 years old. He actually looked better on tape than Yadong Song did before their UFC debuts.

Damian Stasiak is pretty well rounded and has fought better competition and a better striking arsenal but he has no pop in his punches, almost seems like guys are walking through it. People are thinking he will just take Liu down and submit him but I'm not so sure with Liu's improvements in the grappling department.

If we see the same improvements that we saw in Yadong Song after training at Jackson Winklejohn, he might starch Stasiak on the feet. He is going to be faster than Stasiak and loves to press forward and Stasiak is suspectible to hooks.

Last edited:
Seems Nas is going to have a lot of trouble implementing his game when Diakiese is stuck to him. Nas likes to explode in which is just going to make it easy to get to the clinch if he cant get the KO from the first punch. Nas has really good kicks as well but Diakiese is explosive with quick reactions in every movement, I dont see why he cant convert some kicks into some explosive takedowns as well. The clinch game will also heavily lower Nas chance at the decision as he wont look effective except for maybe short forgetable periods(unless KDs). Diakiese is also stronger than he looks and he looks pretty fucking strong to begin with. One more thing is since Nas like to blast inside, Diakiese could very well catch him coming but I find it hard to see Nas KOed. Oh, 1 final thing for now, how will Nas gas tank hold up in such a grueling fight? Will he looks the same, better or worse come round 3?
I hope they have figured those things out at Tristar.

Can someone please tell me why people are so high on Fabinski vs. Meek? Fabinski NEEDS to wrestle to win this fight, and Meek should have evolved his wrestling after that Usman matchup. He even trained with Usman afterwards. Hector Urbina and Gareth Mcllellan is much lower competition than Meek. How would Meek look against those two? Its also been awhile since Fabinski fought, and Meek has much more willpower than him. It all depends if Fabinski can hold Meek down or not, and its not like Meeks just accepts being on the bottom. UFC is not exactly doing Fabinski a favour of giving him a matchup against Meek.

How about Ledet vs. Rakic? In my opinion, Ledet should be able to box Rakic up and keep it on the feet. Ledets striking is underrated, and with his active jab, he's very good at interrupting his opponents setups. I need to rewatch Rakic's debut fight against Barroso, but I really think that the line on Ledet should be wider. Other than Rakic's power, what should Ledet watch out for?
It seems like the public like Rakic alot.. Is it because of his power, or what am i missing?

How about Ledet vs. Rakic? In my opinion, Ledet should be able to box Rakic up and keep it on the feet. Ledets striking is underrated, and with his active jab, he's very good at interrupting his opponents setups. I need to rewatch Rakic's debut fight against Barroso, but I really think that the line on Ledet should be wider. Other than Rakic's power, what should Ledet watch out for?
It seems like the public like Rakic alot.. Is it because of his power, or what am i missing?
I thought Ledet was getting bettable at 1.65, but I'm biased as I rally like him as a fighter. People are still betting Rakic at evens, so I have also feeling, that I could be missing something. Combination of fighting overseas and cutting weight is a concern. I think he fought until 2014 at lhw/cruiserweight though.

hmm i think banking on Diakiese to win by wrestling would be a mistake... his takedowns and overall ground game is pretty bad.. sure he could get some takedowns just by using his explosive strength but i dont think he can hold anybody down and overall his td attempts are pretty shit too like we saw vs Hooker he even catched 3-4 kicks by Hooker but he was not able to convert it to a td

I thought Ledet was getting bettable at 1.65, but I'm biased as I rally like him as a fighter. People are still betting Rakic at evens, so I have also feeling, that I could be missing something. Combination of fighting overseas and cutting weight is a concern. I think he fought until 2014 at lhw/cruiserweight though.

Watching Rakic vs. Barrosso right now, and he looks solid with his striking. He get taken down multiple times by Barrosso, and doesn't show that good of TDD and get up ability. He used a switch to stand up though, and went all agressive on him right after. Rakic has very active jabbing left hand, but he doesn't use it for jabbing, just for measuring and setting up his power overhand. Barrosso is a very static target who has some success in the beginning with his counter striking, but he lets Rakic push the pace and the control. It should be harder for Rakic to push the pace against Ledet who usually controls the striking with his very active jab. Im not ruling out that Rakic can hurt Ledet, but it wont be as easy since he can't push the same pace and rely on Ledet being a inactive static target. If Barrosso can connect on Rakic with counter striking, I don't see why Ledet can't.

In my opinion, it all depends whether Rakic can take the control and push his own pace without getting taken down or outworked/outpointed by the active boxer.

looks like Nas is on that special GSP diet too :) so would not be sure Diakiese strength advantage will be so big

Watching Rakic vs. Barrosso right now, and he looks solid with his striking. He get taken down multiple times by Barrosso, and doesn't show that good of TDD and get up ability. He used a switch to stand up though, and went all agressive on him right after. Rakic has very active jabbing left hand, but he doesn't use it for jabbing, just for measuring and setting up his power overhand. Barrosso is a very static target who has some success in the beginning with his counter striking, but he lets Rakic push the pace and the control. It should be harder for Rakic to push the pace against Ledet who usually controls the striking with his very active jab. Im not ruling out that Rakic can hurt Ledet, but it wont be as easy since he can't push the same pace and rely on Ledet being a inactive static target. If Barrosso can connect on Rakic with counter striking, I don't see why Ledet can't.

In my opinion, it all depends whether Rakic can take the control and push his own pace without getting taken down or outworked/outpointed by the active boxer.
So far Ledet has not had any trouble with opponents who tried to push pace. Sherman got his nose busted and Godbeer got subbed. I'm not sure it would be wise for Rakic to trade those telephonebooth flailing flurries against ex-heavyweights straight punches / clinch knees / TD's.

So far Ledet has not had any trouble with opponents who tried to push pace. Sherman got his nose busted and Godbeer got subbed. I'm not sure it would be wise for Rakic to trade those telephonebooth flailing flurries against ex-heavyweights straight punches / clinch knees / TD's.
Sherman was tailor made for Ledet to look good though Sherman is plodding with a bigass head that dont move at all against one of the best jabs in the ufc.. Rakić will be his toughest test so far

Sherman was tailor made for Ledet to look good though Sherman is plodding with a bigass head that dont move at all against one of the best jabs in the ufc
True, but Ledet fought him in pocket fearlessly, took heavy shots both to legs and head and made Sherman pay. It was not that he just jabbed his way to victory.

also i would be carefull judging fighters like Nas and Rakić on previous fights since they they only had there ufc debuts. they are so young and came from some small eu gyms to some of the biggest camps in world.. more then likely they will look like completely different fighters

Sherman was tailor made for Ledet to look good though Sherman is plodding with a bigass head that dont move at all against one of the best jabs in the ufc.. Rakić will be his toughest test so far

This is what im seeing as well in that fight. Sherman has no head movement, and showed good legkicks. BUT, I have to give Ledet's boxing credit. Very crisp boxing, and the way he sets his straight right up with 1,2 jabs is beautiful. Ledet has a HW chin, and wont back down to phonebooth with Rakic. Rakic could stop Ledet, if he connect the right way though, but Ledet does a great job og moving without taking full impact.

Im a bit more torned about the pick now, but Ledet has more tools to win IMO. Rakic has a good speed/cardio adv. I have not made my mind yet, but im still feeling a 1,5u bet on Ledet. Will probably wait to see weighin.

EDIT: I completely understand a bet on Rakic, but I just like Ledet's skills too much atm.

Back