UFN 134 Shogun vs Smith

You forgot hector lombard

Didn't forget him, just don't consider that version of Lombard to be a good win. Lombard was 2 minutes away from winning that too, landing whatever he wanted whenever he wanted.

Liking a lot of dogs this card. Nas, Grant, Anderson all deserve decent bets imo...smaller plays on Damir, Struve, and Shogun (ITD and KO)

I'm not betting this fight, just saying Smith is being overhyped. His best win is Andrew Sanchez in a fight he was being dominated in before he gassed. Mutante was considered the chinniest fighter in the division at the time they fought and he couldn't hurt him.
Yea the only thing I’ve played so far is fdngtd and shogun ko. I don’t see it going five rds and shoguns ko line was pretty decent

Prices aren’t good enough for me to play either ml

I’m basically just arguing against playing shogun

Lines indicate smith is overhyped but most of the people in the thread seem to be on shogun

I guess there was marginal value when he was above +200 but I’m not rushing to the book to back either of these guys

I also don’t understand the fascination with continuing to play Anderson at these odds.

Are people excited that he beat Patrick Cummings? He got knocked out in back to back fights before that. Is there really value at +135? Lol.

Glover has legit knock out power. His tdd isn’t that bad to where he’s constantly going to be on his back

I bet Anderson dec when it was over +300

No way I would back him straight up against a puncher

Last edited:
I also don’t understand the fascination with continuing to play Anderson at these odds.

Are people excited that he beat Patrick Cummings? He got knocked out in back to back fights before that. Is there really value at +135? Lol.

Glover has legit knock out power. His tdd isn’t that bad to where he’s constantly going to be on his back

Yea I don’t get it. Glover tko/ko is +155 that’s what I’m rolling with

I should have clarified in my post. I bet Anderson at +220 and his dec line at +350 and +365. Absolutely no chance I would play him under +175 or so ML and even then I would probably just opt for his dec prop now that it is available.

I also hedged with Glover TKO +185. Anderson Dec or glover takes his head off IMO.

I parlayed Shogun/Smith FDGTD and Hein/Hadzovic FGTD at around -115

This is free.

I really wanna join in on the Shogun circle jerk, but I am really nervous about power/chin disparity.

Smith doesn't have the best hit list, but he has been pretty consistent at landing the power shot outside of the Santos fight where he was badly outclassed. He is long, athletic, and creative at landing big knees and elbows which Shogun will struggle to survive after eating.

In a 5 round fight, you are basically betting on Shogun landing the first kill shot. Which is certainly possible, but how much power does he have left? It took 3 rounds of consistently tagging Villante to finish him, and even though he rocked Corey Anderson a couple of times he couldn't get the finish.

My biggest concern is Smith moving up to 205 will be just enough of a boost to his chin to make a quick KO hard for Shogun. He just isn't on the same power level as Santos who was murking everybody leading up to that fight. And even Villante + old Little Nog wobbled him a bit early-- if that's a big shot from Smith he is going to be more than wobbled.

I'd really love to see Shogun come out and destroy Smith. But I have a bad feeling he is going to be outlanding him with significantly less harmful strikes, and at +190 there's not quite enough upside to justify the risk

Yea I don’t encourage playing either dog at even close to high stakes. Seems more like degen bets to me, which I’m fine with.

Just be responsible with your units.

I should have clarified in my post. I bet Anderson at +220 and his dec line at +350 and +365. Absolutely no chance I would play him under +175 or so ML and even then I would probably just opt for his dec prop now that it is available.

I also hedged with Glover TKO +185. Anderson Dec or glover takes his head off IMO.

Yea that’s about the same way I feel.
If Glover’s line keeps dropping I’ll probably end up playing it

in heavily on marc diakese, he has to bounce back, doubt he drops 3 in a row. that's my logic don't @ me

not just live i favor him straight up.
just reading you website article now. im currently looking into the hein fight. do you think hein slow the fight to
To find recent Liu tape you have to search his Chinese name (刘平原), which will give you full WLF events, then find his placement on the card.
did you get that from tapology? another thing thats gone missing with the update

Maybe -- I personally think Hadzovic is absolute trash. He does have a size and power advantage though.

Thats fair. If you want to bet against Hadz being on fight going the distance is a great way to do it, bc Hein probably isn’t finishing

anyone got a good read on liu v stasiak . stasiak just gonna take him down. how is liu takedown defence?

Last edited:
Bermudez strike anybody as a bit of a frontrunner? I forget what fight it was (Morales I think) but he seemed very tired after a bunch of grappling exchanges before hitting the sub. Still many question marks on his game imo. Round 1 @ +225 seems like a good bet if you're into Berm. Grant can get overly aggressive and likes the clinch. Hard to read if manny can get a win other by opportunistic sub.

Back