UFN 134 Shogun vs Smith

Obviously. But Kimball is also good enough to KO him. So why so much juice? This looks like a coinflippy slugfest to me with two heavy hitters with bad defense
The difference is that Kimbo has been kod before, Drako or Darko wasnt.

Wow -- lot of work to do here fellas.

I feel thoroughly robbed after last event going 1 for 3 on ML bets with a win on Zingano and losses on Scoggins and Brown.

Time to rebound.

I don't even know where to begin.

Marc Diakesie
-fought better competition
-athletic
-trains at ATT
-has better grappling and wrestling imo

I'm on board with your first three points. I just cannot believe he's a better grappler than...hell almost anyone good enough to get into the UFC. His grappling has looked awful. His TDD is crap, all he can even hope to do is avoid big damage on his back and pray for a standup (well, that's not fair, his getups are...better than terrible I guess) and he has so far offered literally nothing from an offensive perspective.

I'm saying this having watched zero tape of Nasrat mind you. So it's possible I watch tape of him and see he really is a bad enough grappler that your view isn't crazy. But...I'm pretty damn skeptical of that.

Main concern for Kimball is Darko Stosic's wrestling offense. Darko definitely has the strength advantage and a judo background. He doesn't grapple a ton in fights, but looks decent enough when he does.

I actually think Kimball may be better on foot. But Darko's grappling is the wrinkling that could make betting Kimball regrettable

Still need to watch more tape, but I think I'm gonna play Anderson small here. This is the kind of spot to play a guy like him. He's obviously too chinny to trust as a favorite in most cases (although I was big on him as a slight favorite vs Cummins) but in this spot I think it makes sense to take a shot. Glover is getting up there in years. He's going to be at a considerable speed disadvantage. And his TDD isn't great (his offensive wrestling and bjj are very good obviously). I think Anderson can hit TD's and hold Glover down. I don't think he can deal much damage, but he can win rounds. Standing, assuming Corey doesn't get starched (I know, that's a big assumption LOL) I think he can beat Glover to the punch and win rounds that way too.

I'll be looking at the Anderson dec prop too (and Glover itd I suppose if they surprise me with better odds than I expect) but I think Anderson ML has a little value at +160 at first glance.

kimball hits hard, but he's at his best in relatively measured standup exchanges at mid range and checks out quickly mentally when he isn't in a dominant grappling position. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if stosic charges him and he just falls over during the rush of spam punches, or gets slammed, or gets knocked off-balance with a leg kick, then covers up and gets TKOed quickly. He definitely has the power to hurt Stosic, but in order for him to get a good chance at using it he'd have to survive long enough for Darko to slow down or catch him on the way in during the initial charge, which hasn't been his specialty from what I've seen. Classic European no strategy fighter vs. not sure if he wants to even do this matchup!

diakiese uses all power for his own takedowns. expecting him to get some even tho haq defensive wrestling looked ok v held. wonder how haq will play this. pre ufc tape look like he has enough to be taking down diak. like mkess mentioned earlier diak wrestling aint that good. hes taken down pretty easy when someone gets hands on him. haq seems to be more effective at getting off gnp too.

im leaning haq. diak power style just aint efficient. perez was taking about quitting(maybe even had retired) before the diak fight. and sajewski gassed on short notice early r2. and the pack fight never got going(was a good shot tho). haq has enough power to cause problems too. i dunno how the striking will play out. but i imagine this will be ending up in the clinch unless haq goes his bike.

diakiese uses all power for his own takedowns. expecting him to get some even tho haq defensive wrestling looked ok v held. wonder how haq will play this. pre ufc tape look like he has enough to be taking down diak. like mkess mentioned earlier diak wrestling aint that good. hes taken down pretty easy when someone gets hands on him. haq seems to be more effective at getting off gnp too.

im leaning haq. diak power style just aint efficient. perez was taking about quitting(maybe even had retired) before the diak fight. and sajewski gassed on short notice early r2. and the pack fight never got going(was a good shot tho). haq has enough power to cause problems too. i dunno how the striking will play out. but i imagine this will be ending up in the clinch unless haq goes his bike.

Yep and even though Diaklese has completed a few TD's, like you said it's pretty much all due to him being the better athlete because his technique isn't very good. And he uses a shit ton of energy to do it.

Yep and even though Diaklese has completed a few TD's, like you said it's pretty much all due to him being the better athlete because his technique isn't very good. And he uses a shit ton of energy to do it.
If you use all that energy it ain't good when they pop back up and then you do it again. Gotta be able to justify it with some gnp/significant top control , some round winning stuff.

Where does everyone watch their film? I have fight pass and there's a few vids there, or I'll try YouTube, is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Where does everyone watch their film? I have fight pass and there's a few vids there, or I'll try YouTube, is there anywhere else I should be looking?

I just use Google. Click on the video search. Sites like mma core, mmafightshare and other places like that usually have the fights I'm looking for. It's pretty dumb to pay for fight pass when you can get virtually every fight on google

According to Will Martin Haqparast has been training at King's, but did his camp at Tristar, so he's probably gotten better as brawler and scrambler but will also benefit from Tristar gameplanning and such.

According to Will Martin Haqparast has been training at King's, but did his camp at Tristar, so he's probably gotten better as brawler and scrambler but will also benefit from Tristar gameplanning and such.
Good info

I just use Google. Click on the video search. Sites like mma core, mmafightshare and other places like that usually have the fights I'm looking for. It's pretty dumb to pay for fight pass when you can get virtually every fight on google
I pay 10 bucks a month to watch fight pass prelims and contender series, the videos are an extra bonus smh, but ya pretty dumb

ok.ru sometimes have fights and full events that cannot be found on youtube ect just search like this on google: phil davis vs liam mcgeary ok.ru Bellator 182 ok.ru KSW 37 ok.ru ect

Last edited:
A friend of mine from Belgrade knows Darko and told me about him a while back so I had a look at his old fights, but I wasn't impressed. Pretty poor striking game which is based mostly on rushing in throwing wild haymakers. Let's remember that even a guy like Bojan Mihajlovic managed to look good on the balkan regional circuit, the level of competition is very low.

Kimball isn't exactly great himself but there is zero reason to bet Darko at current prices.

Back